• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

Zeth

1'44.294 finally got the WR with the Vallelunga/KTM X-Bow R combo, granted most of the times are old, but that combo is a fucking blast to drive.

I'll probably have a go at that Monza/Evora combo if i can find some time.

Current time is 1:49 there - I have spent some time on the club circuit with the X-bow but I need to improve my time on the main track.

Joux Plane is my go-to track right now. X-bow there is great. E30s are great. Open-wheelers are wild there. I've even had some fairly decent drift runs that I've saved replays of. Would love to string together a full run without a wipeout/180. Some of the hairpins in the latter half are badass if you nail the approach. I was surprised the track had functioning replay cameras.

Three60

P1 is coming along nicely :)

eiRUCLx.jpg

Current time is 1:49 there - I have spent some time on the club circuit with the X-bow but I need to improve my time on the main track.

Joux Plane is my go-to track right now. X-bow there is great. E30s are great. Open-wheelers are wild there. I've even had some fairly decent drift runs that I've saved replays of. Would love to string together a full run without a wipeout/180. Some of the hairpins in the latter half are badass if you nail the approach. I was surprised the track had functioning replay cameras.

Is jeux plane based off of a real course? I cycled up the col de jeux plane last summer and it looks very different in game (from what I can see in youtube)

Either way looks a lot of fun!

Is jeux plane based off of a real course? I cycled up the col de jeux plane last summer and it looks very different in game (from what I can see in youtube)

Either way looks a lot of fun!
It is the same one on which you cycled, yes. Bear in mind it's a course converted from Richard Burns Rally, a rather dated game.

Zeth

No teaser pics this week? Maybe just some minor tweaks while team hunkers down for an upcoming Multiplayer release?

TJP

Waiting for the storm from dat pCARS trailer to die down?
I doubt Kunos care what others are doing; they'd most likely send SMS a message of encouragement based on what I've seen the dev's post on Twitter.

How's that GTX 680 search coming along...Team Green is where the cool kids hang out ;)

psn

Waiting for the storm from dat pCARS trailer to die down?

Seriously there are so many pcars trailers.. and as team member in pcars it bores me because the game is still wip and needs so much polish.. when you race, there is no big difference to AC visually. But the handling in AC feels so much better imo.

kudoboi

something that bugs me is that when i turn the wheel all the way to the left or the right, the car goes left or right even more before going straight. this isn't in project cars and wasn't in assetto corsa before 2 or 3 patches ago. is there any way to disable this?

this is a nightmare on something like joux plane where there are a few sharp turns and this causes the car to go up the hill instead or hit the barrier

LilJoka

Dear followers,
every year 25th April is celebrated as the Liberation Day in Italy. This day marks the end of fascist regime after the end of the Second World War in 1945, and the day commemorates the people who laid down their lives fighting the fascism.
25th April is a public holiday in Italy. There are robust celebrations around the country to commemorate this day. Large processions are taken out in major parts of the country, and a general sense of celebration and bonhomie is prevalent throughout Italy on this day.
The next update of Assetto Corsa Early Access will include the multiplayer mode and was previously scheduled for tomorrow's release; our work in the last two months has been strongly focused to complete and deliver this feature properly. We have also made investments to set several free public servers for our users and a proper lobby for servers created by, users, leagues, simracing websites and so on. However, due to the 25th April celebration, we might have some issues to get the best possible support from our italian based server provider, right at launch day.
Multiplayer is one of the most awaited features for a lot of simracing enthusiasts, but in order to properly test in public the multiplayer mode, we need to get the best technical support possible; for this reason, and also in order to improve multiplayer functionalities and to develop some additional features, tomorrow's release has been shifted to Friday 2nd, May. This delay will allow us to release the multiplayer in a working day, getting fast and proper support by our provider, if needed. We are pretty sure you understand that we are working at our best to provide the best gaming experience we can. Thank you for your kind support and attention.

tl:dr Multiplayer May 2nd

Shaneus

Ah so! So no Nvidia GPU then too?
Oh, probably eventually now that the guy who did RadeonPro now works directly for AMD and their "Raptr" POS game profile thing... but I don't think soon. Not with another pinball machine on the horizon. Whoops.

Sure the 5970/5850 will do AC justice for the time being.

TJP

Oh, probably eventually now that the guy who did RadeonPro now works directly for AMD and their "Raptr" POS game profile thing... but I don't think soon. Not with another pinball machine on the horizon. Whoops.

Sure the 5970/5850 will do AC justice for the time being.
Just over $400 will get you a GTX 770 which is a slightly faster version of the GTX 680. Equivalent cards from ATI would be the R9 280X or 7970GHz...both companies are guilty of rebranding GPU's to make them new.

I'd make a joke about pocket pinball but it's a little too obvious ;)

Zeth

Awesome news about MP.

It looks like modded tracks (besides JP) are now working? Looking at the track mods forum. That's exciting.

TJP

Eastern Creek (NSW, Australia) and the Top Gear Test track are available on Race Department. Both are bare-bones at the moment however it looks like making tracks for the suitably talented people won't be hard.

Eastern Creek (NSW, Australia) and the Top Gear Test track are available on Race Department. Both are bare-bones at the moment however it looks like making tracks for the suitably talented people won't be hard.
TAIM ATTAKU!! Yes.

Also, I'm convinced that the Lotus 49 + the latest version of Joux Plane in Assetto Corsa is the best car/track/sim combination I've ever had the joy of driving. I absolutely cannot get enough.

Zeth

TAIM ATTAKU!! Yes.

Also, I'm convinced that the Lotus 49 + the latest version of Joux Plane in Assetto Corsa is the best car/track/sim combination I've ever had the joy of driving. I absolutely cannot get enough.

Thanks for the idea! I'll take a break from my Xbow JP drifting to try this out.

TheBear

How does this game feel with a 360 controller?
And will the final release have an SP campaign? Pretty keen for a good racing game on my pc

Zeth

Looks like the guy who released 3 tracks as soon as the tool came out ripped them all off. Threads locked on AC forums. Figures. Now I understand what people mean when they talk about crappy tracks being ripped/converted illegally. I just don't understand the incentive - just some minor attention/status on some very small forum communities? Oh well - looking forward to quality stuff when the official tools are out. (Eastern Creek and High Speed Ring are drivable if you have them, just not very good)

Looks crazy.

I haven't looked into the display tech behind the Rift, is there any visible crosstalk on the unit itself or is that video blending the frames?
There's no crosstalk - it does separate images for each eye (it's actually a single panel but split through software). I guess he's blended both sides for the video.

Looks crazy.

I haven't looked into the display tech behind the Rift, is there any visible crosstalk on the unit itself or is that video blending the frames?

There's no crosstalk. The two lenses on the Rift blur the two images into one. Imagine looking through a pair of binoculars but with a wider field of view. Looks like in the video he's just showing one eye view.

Anyway, Assetto Corsa is working really well with the Rift using the latest build. The menu's are nearly impossible to use, however, and with the low resolution of the Rift display you can't really make out upcoming corners and bends. Still, the level of immersion is amazing. When you're sitting in the drivers seat and looking around using your head you genuinely feel like you're sitting in a real car.

Edit: beaten!

Zeth

I have DK2 preordered. But I just ordered a new 2560x1440 monitor. I'll increase my FOV a bit for more immersion. Should be a nice stopgap until DK2 + further AC VR optimizations :p

Looks like the guy who released 3 tracks as soon as the tool came out ripped them all off. Threads locked on AC forums. Figures. Now I understand what people mean when they talk about crappy tracks being ripped/converted illegally. I just don't understand the incentive - just some minor attention/status on some very small forum communities? Oh well - looking forward to quality stuff when the official tools are out. (Eastern Creek and High Speed Ring are drivable if you have them, just not very good)

Much to my dismay, Eastern Creek is barely drivable. Not at all what I was hoping for.

The same guy has ripped/converted a version of the Phillip Island GP circuit without any clear permission, but it is MUCH better than the others, barring some slight bumps inside turn 2. Probably only a matter of time before it's removed as well.

Three60

Kunos just received their PS4 Development Kit's :D

XfBsvea.jpg

Infact at today, it isn't a fact, but just a generic option that is the same for any videogame developer. Hope you guys are not surprised that a PC videogame company decides to invest some R&D into the next-gen hardware, regardless of current or lo-terms future developments. If we don't start to look into it far in advance, it might be too late to do that in future. But there's an ocean between "take a look into" and "have a game ready for PS4"

Zeth

This Phillips Island Circuit is easily one of the most polished/best of the ripped/converted tracks that came from that one guy. Seems nearly finished compared to the others - though I've no knowledge of the track IRL or other sims.

amar212

Kunos just received their PS4 Development Kit's :D

XfBsvea.jpg

My dream begins to materialize.

With PS4 on the board, Assetto Corsa will get a mainstream push it deserves. All PC racers need to rethink their strategies and enforce PS4 development and self-publishing. iRacing is the only one that can't do it easily without seriously compromise it's own financial scheme because of the actual prices. But even such quantum leap would probably reap them a long-term benefits that are unimaginable with current PC-only reach.

Such competition would paint a completely new era for the hard-core racing.

Same hardware. Same network. Same stability. Same everything.

I really hope Kunos will pull this up sooner than later.

lots of options now for racers on ps4 with both AC & DC coming as well as project cars. Pretty cool setup they have there as well, if only that damn fanatec CS shifter would stop getting delayed so I can order one

Shaneus

That's assuming they do it. Obviously they'd be stupid not to, but they're still leaving themselves open to *not* doing it.

Thomas has been quiet for a while now. Hope he's just working on some new stuff or finding a way to increase production. I'd hate to think of Fanatec in trouble.

Three60

far out they fuckin tease the laferrari i want that fucker so bad

Marco Massarutto >
LaFerrari will be included in 1.0 version of Assetto Corsa, not before. Graphics has been completed and approved, but we are still working on physics and sounds. Anyway, this special content will not be included in the Early Access program, as well as some other contents and features. We are working to deliver a very special 1.0 version of the full game.

disap.ed

Anyway, this special content will not be included in the Early Access program, as well as some other contents and features.

What the heck? So first they twit their earliest supporters by doing sales shortly after release despite saying before they won't do in the Early Access phase and now they won't even get them the full game?

Top Bottom