• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

Zeth

I've been using this thing, which is fairly interesting. Unfortunately it totally replaces the original Exos S1. Apparently the link was removed because of this and a dispute with the original concept artist. Besides its appearance, everything else seems to be identical to the Exos as far as physics/sound.

acShowroom_2014_06_13_16_33_59_85.jpg

I need to check out some of these other tracks. I've only played Gen1, Ring, and some of the Virtua_LM conversions. They're all pretty good. The lighting improvement makes the rF conversions better than I expected.

Of course I'm looking forward to more bespoke content, but it's still early days.

EDIT: Hey, that's a model of that closed cockpit F1 car render everyone loved so much. Very cool.

oxidax

A lot of the tracks have a friction coefficient of 1.0, meaning all cars grip like anything. Only a few of those tracks have actually been done properly, such as Montreal and Melbourne GP which have multiple different surfaces on the track and different friction coefficients.

Off the top of my head, Laguna Seca, Road America both has friction set to 1.0. Brand Hatch is just awful unfortunately.

Ill check those out first. Thanks! I wish they let ppl make cars for the game as well.

Jilt

Hi guys, new here, new to PC gaming and new to Assetto Corsa.

Tried my second ever AC online race yesterday. Major fun and very addicitive.

MAde a video of the replay. Not mastering Imola yet nor the McLaren, but great fun anyway. Hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/1yPq7u6WmY4

Zeth

I was gonna ask what the GT homages were like. Are they direct facsimilies or is some artistic license applied?

Trial Mountain is very good. The creator had been working on it for a few months before the blender tool was released - testing it in RF before adding better quality AC assets recently. I've only put one or two laps in on Autumn Ring, but I don't think it's in the same league.

Soi-Fong

How's this compare to Project Cars? Is it more demanding on the GPU or less? I'm also hearing conflicting reports on the Oculus support with some saying it's amazing and others stating the scale is all screwed up.

Is there any night racing/time of day stuff or plans to include such things? I mostly play Gran Turismo and some Forza but given I have a relatively beefy PC I should start checking out more racing games on the platform.

The engine is capable of dawn to dusk, but sadly there's no night. According to someone many many pages back, night will be a huge challenge with the technology currently being used. Fingers crossed though.

Mascot

My first baby steps into PC gaming were taken this morning - I installed Steam and downloaded AC. Too good to pass up at £15, even though I won't be building a PC for another six months. In the meantime I might try to play it on my i7 Vaio just for a laugh...

Edit: just had a great couple of hours on AC using the Vaio hooked up to my racing rig. OK, with my current specs it looks like a PS2 game, but with all effects dialled right back to minimum or turned off completely and motion blur set around 6 I can maintain 45fps at 720p. That's a lot better than I thought I'd get.

Loving the physics, loving the audio.

Any tips for getting better performance (without changing any hardware)? It's a Sony VAIO VPCF12Z1E. Specs are:

Item model number VPCF12Z1E.CEK
Processor Brand Intel
Processor Type Core i7
Processor Speed 1730 MHz
Processor Count 4
RAM Size 8 GB
Hard Drive Size 1TB
Graphics Card Description GeForce GT 330M
Graphics Card Ram Size 1024 MB
Optical Drive Type Blu-ray Writer
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium

Seanspeed

Banned
My first baby steps into PC gaming were taken this morning - I installed Steam and downloaded AC. Too good to pass up at £15, even though I won't be building a PC for another six months. In the meantime I might try to play it on my i7 Vaio just for a laugh...

Edit: just had a great couple of hours on AC using the Vaio hooked up to my racing rig. OK, with my current specs it looks like a PS2 game, but with all effects dialled right back to minimum or turned off completely and motion blur set around 6 I can maintain 45fps at 720p. That's a lot better than I thought I'd get.

Loving the physics, loving the audio.

Any tips for getting better performance (without changing any hardware)? It's a Sony VAIO VPCF12Z1E. Specs are:

Item model number VPCF12Z1E.CEK
Processor Brand Intel
Processor Type Core i7
Processor Speed 1730 MHz
Processor Count 4
RAM Size 8 GB
Hard Drive Size 1TB
Graphics Card Description GeForce GT 330M
Graphics Card Ram Size 1024 MB
Optical Drive Type Blu-ray Writer
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium
Turn motion blur off completely.

For an initial release, the Corvette DP is super-impressive. It's clear that not all is right with it (ffb, dampers, interior, etc), but apparently he's going to do a big update to it next week.

1300xgkna.gif

NOOOOOOOOOO

I bought this game in the steam sale finally, really looking forward to playing it even on low settings... my gtx 260 card is not compatible because it only goes up to directX 10, not 10.1...

Rather upset now :/

I did a google search and it seems I can change an ini file to play the game but i'll get glitches and artifacts, wow.

*edit* got it playing on low all nice and smooth... start to drive and the game pauses constantly and i'm guessing my dual core processor is too little for the physics math or something, only pauses if I try to do anything.

I need a new PC :(

Seanspeed

Banned
I got this yesterday in the sale but it's unplayable with a pad.

What's a good wheel which won't break the bank?
It should be playable with a pad. Just need to find the right settings. For some reason, they dont have a good default setup anymore.

But a Logitech DFGT would be an affordable, preferable option.

Zeth

For an initial release, the Corvette DP is super-impressive. It's clear that not all is right with it (ffb, dampers, interior, etc), but apparently he's going to do a big update to it next week.

1300xgkna.gif

I hope FFB is fixed/implemented. Otherwise it's ridiculously impressive considering the circumstances. (edit: just tried it again today and ffb feels normal? weird, don't think I changed anything, maybe just increased gain)And I thought most of those league-mod communities were all talk - they definitely delivered.

btw I've been using this Real Head Motion mod and it's really good. Spent a few minutes configuring the values and got a nice subtle look-ahead for tight corners with a small dead zone.

oxidax

btw I've been using this Real Head Motion mod and it's really good. Spent a few minutes configuring the values and got a nice subtle look-ahead for tight corners with a small dead zone.

Thats gonna be awesome with VR.

What are you guys doing for better fps? My game is running at about 40-50 fps with everything maxed out. I thought my rig would run this game above 60fps no problem but i guess not.

My specs are:
CPU: FX 8350 @4.8
GPU: Crossfire Sapphire 280x
RAM: 16gb
SSD
1080 res

Seanspeed

Banned
Thats gonna be awesome with VR.

What are you guys doing for better fps? My game is running at about 40-50 fps with everything maxed out. I thought my rig would run this game above 60fps no problem but i guess not.

My specs are:
CPU: FX 8350 @4.8
GPU: Crossfire Sapphire 280x
RAM: 16gb
SSD
1080 res
Many of the graphics options are fairly performance intensive. Turn down motion blur and reflections to start.

harrytang

bought AC this steam sale. game is hard as hell with the game-pad and assists turned mostly off. really enjoying it so far though. lots of potential.

i do have the g27 with racing seat and DK1 ready to go soon. all packed up from move right now. hope they get DK2 support implemented quick fast.

Mascot

Turn motion blur off completely.
I'd already tried that and it only gained me a couple of frames. The added smoothness with it on seems worth it.
I think I've probably got the best performance I can until the beast gets unleashed later this year. I'm amazed it runs at all, to be honest.

Ryne

Also bought this game while on sale, and will need to hold off playing it until I get a wheel. Not reading good things about controller use, but that's expected for a sim I would think.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
just picked this up in the steam sale. Still getting used to it - the UI is a little dense, and I haven't got my wheel out yet. But it feels pretty good, and sounds absolutely gorgeous. Probably the most immersive sound I've ever experienced. And the rumble even in the basic 360 pad is nicely progressive (although it'll eat my batteries..)

Are there any tips for tuning the setup for a Logitech DFGT - I've had a bad experience with PC racing games and getting the FFB right, so I'm assuming I'll have to fight this too.

I'd already tried that and it only gained me a couple of frames. The added smoothness with it on seems worth it.
I think I've probably got the best performance I can until the beast gets unleashed later this year. I'm amazed it runs at all, to be honest.

Used this guide yesterday:

http://simhqmotorsports.com/assetto-corsa-hints-tips-part-1/

I turned down AF to 8x and disabled HDR. Faces per frame to None. Got me a locked 60fps but FPS sometimes dropes in AI races.

vanty

Back when I first got the game I was using the 360 pad and set it to these settings and they were a significant improvement over the defaults.

EyzeUSr.png

Seanspeed

Banned
That's really odd, I get around that fps at 2.5k res with everything on max.

FX-8350 black @ 4.6ghz
3gb GTX-580 overclock edition
That's pretty crazy. I get about 38fps maxed out at 1080p with just me on-track, middle of day and in hood view with a 3570k@4.2ghz and a 2GB MSI GTX670 Power Edition OC. Goes under 30fps if I do dawn/sunset and cockpit view.

Korezo

When ever a update comes out and I want to have a quick look I always use the 360 controller in the default settings, I never had no problems. It is harder but not impossible like many say. I never thought of blaming the problems to the pad I just thought since the game is pure sim you would just have to be extra careful with the car, I can do events and place 1st no problem, it's just hard to steer your car in control if you get bumped or hit the dirt.

harrytang

Back when I first got the game I was using the 360 pad and set it to these settings and they were a significant improvement over the defaults.

http://i.imgur.com/EyzeUSr.png[/IM][/QUOTE]

thanks for posting this. game is immediately more fun. my steering corrections reduced by infinity.

oxidax

Many of the graphics options are fairly performance intensive. Turn down motion blur and reflections to start.

I turned down reflections, Motion blur and disabled HDR and my fps is around 80-90 now. Thanks for the tips! I can finally record gameplay at 60fps :D

Soi-Fong

My 780 Ti Classified eats this game for breakfast. Dayum.. All maximum settings @ 1080p and I never dip below 60.

I have to admit also. The game does not look as good as Project Cars, but I'm falling in love with the handling and physics more than Project Cars. I play with a G27 and you can always feel when you're about to slide out and can just correct it.

Can't wait till the DK2 comes in. Hopefully, the Rift integration is a lil bit better by then.

Top Bottom