• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot |OT| Robot in disguises

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Thats hardcore. I don't mind going back and getting missed stuff later. I want to see all the new stuff now.
I'm just being stubborn. I need get that gold flag on stage or I can't move on.

It helps that stages are not very long, I can easily replay a stage fast and get the bots and puzzles pieces I missed.

Last edited:

JangoRain

Adoring the game so far. Wasn’t really buying into the hype for the first two worlds, but once I got into world 3 the game really started to click for me and leave me in awe.

Small thing, but I’m digging some of the dualsense custom colors. Makes me wish more now than ever that Sony would launch its own design lab!

Bania Gold

Neo Member
This game came at the perfect time for me.

I've been in a real gaming rut. Some of that is probably me trying to play quantity over quality and some of that is big name games really letting me down of late.

Astro Bot is just simple fun.

Gorgeous visuals, great audio, cute and well designed characters and enemies, varied and unique gameplay and controller gimmicks, cool little secrets and surprises.

It's not super addictive like my favourite games, not something I feel I want to rave to my mates about and tell them they need to play it, but a game I can just sit there and play with a big smile on my face.

Certinty

Those PlayStation button challenges are so weird.

The last collection of four are by far the easiest.

A few challenging ones overall though with one that took me over 20 mins. A few others which took 5-10.

Enjoyed those. Wish there were more.

Yoshi97

I love this game so much I’m getting psvr to play the original which looks and sounds like this game….. not as good but you know what I mean!

It’s on sale Astro vr for 10 bucks and got the psvr for 75.
Where'd you get Psvr for 75 bucks?

swaffles23

I love this game
ppYU1hC.jpeg

I’m playing this game like I play most platfomers, I will not move on to the next stage until I get EVERYTHING on current stage.

Thats hardcore. I don't mind going back and getting missed stuff later. I want to see all the new stuff now.

I find that if I don't get everything before moving on, then I have a high chance of never coming back after reaching the end. I also prefer to get that stage complete while it is fresh in my mind. Then once it is done, I don't have to think about it again.

I've only done triangle and square so far. All the squares were far easier than that one triangle. That triangle may be the hardest in the game?

sachos

That God of War Remix song is so fucking good!!!
The BB hunter interaction is such a nice touch too, such a surprise lol.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I have very small issue….I change my controller’s colour but when boot the game back up it goes back to its default colour. Is this a bug?

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
The duel sense vibrations paired with the speaker do a good job convincing me that I am rolling a bunch of tiny dice around in my hands.
Gimmicky yes but fun for this kind of game.

Remapping the gyro to the stick and no touchpad use means this can be ported to PC with little to no control issues.

But I think whatever is being used for the vibration should be copied in other controller manufacturers. No more buzzing spinning weights.

nowhat

Remapping the gyro to the stick and no touchpad use means this can be ported to PC with little to no control issues.
Ported, sure, but without the DS features I think the game looses quite a bit of its unique feel. Are DS haptics currently supported on PC?

nowhat

Some ppl played like 20 hours over the weekend lol
Getting to 200 bots (so you see the end credits) is pretty easy and can be done rather quickly if you're so inclined.

But getting to 300... some of those challenge levels I will not be able to conquer very soon. I guess I'm getting old. Also, finding that final puzzle piece in the home hub was quite infuriating (but relieving when you finally figure it out).

Last edited:

Power Pro

Not sure what's considered spoilers or not

oh god, when you hit the Bloodborne character, they do a parry reaction...that's just too good :messenger_grinning_squinting:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Toughest challenge in the game, took me about 15 attempts (spoilers for the last bot you unlock, you've been warned, it's a good one...)

Got the plat earlier today, still gathering my thoughts before making a long, epic post but for now I'll just say GOTY 👌

Ogbert

Gold Member

A few challenging ones overall though with one that took me over 20 mins. A few others which took 5-10.

Enjoyed those. Wish there were more.
Yes, that is odd.

I thought Splashing Sprint was the most difficult, but that’s only because:
I didn’t realise you could throw the duck at the first missile 🐸

Would be quite fun to have to do all the challenges back to back, like a Champion’s Road type level.

Last edited:

Bond007

Started the game last night- i expected a great game and that is def what i got.
Look forward to collecting everything.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Toughest challenge in the game, took me about 15 attempts (spoilers for the last bot you unlock, you've been warned, it's a good one...)

Got the plat earlier today, still gathering my thoughts before making a long, epic post but for now I'll just say GOTY 👌

No fucking chance in hell my reflexes any good to do that level.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I have very small issue….I change my controller’s colour but when boot the game back up it goes back to its default colour. Is this a bug?
Same here. Even just going back to the title screen and reloading the save will revert it to default. I thought it was just the way it works.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
100%'d World 1 over the weekend and that's it. Im gonna slow roll the fuck out of this one. It's magical and once it's over, it's over. Gotta savor as much as possible.

Shakka43

Are there any time based challenges? This doesn't look too hard, obviously I haven't tried it yet but at least looking at it.

Danjin44

Are there any time based challenges? This doesn't look too hard, obviously I haven't tried it yet but at least looking at it.
No, Kirby the Forgotten Land was mostly time based challenge….some of them were super strict….you almost had no room for error if you want to get the best time.

Ogbert

Gold Member
Nothing time based.

Don’t worry about the challenges. They’re good fun. Nothing too hard; you just need to get the timing down.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Gold Member
Thats an Oxytocin or something.

There are a few time based things in the game. One of them is Time based. Which has a time limit.
Timey Whymey stuff.
Ha! Isn’t Oxycotin the morphine substitute?

Oxymoron, I presume.

To clarify, nothing time-based where you have a restricted time to complete a task.

The challenge levels feature timed activities, in terms of rhythm and getting the ‘beat’ of the level.

Top Bottom