• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot |OT| Robot in disguises

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The triangle levels might have dashed my hope of getting 100 percent. Kinda tuff. The one rolling on the armadillo is killing me.
I had a hard time with that one as well but I eventually got through it because I really want that Teddy!

Omg. Downsize surprise is such a good level :messenger_grinning_squinting:

right-ikr.gif

It surprised the crap out of me.

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Thats kind of what helps it.....the levels are not too open and they are not that long, so they can come up clever way hide the Bots and puzzles pieces from you.

That’s what helped Galaxy too

I don’t mind more open platformers but more in the style of banjo and Mario 64, felt like the move sets were all stressed hard in those games

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Too old to have fun?

I don’t understand this mind set, just because you get older it doesn’t mean you only have to play bloody and dark games.

I might be old but I haven’t die inside……yet!
I'm not diffusionx diffusionx , and not sure this is what he was referring to... but - I can say personally that as I've gotten older, some games that require precise controls or precise timing get exponentially more difficult as time goes on. Not sure if that exactly applies here (my copy won't arrive until next week), but being "too old" for some games is a real thing that sometimes has nothing to do with the mood of the game or how "kiddie" it is. Difficulty options help, to an extent, but I do fear for the day when games with any sort of action in them will be outside my ability to play.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Too old to have fun?

I don’t understand this mind set, just because you get older it doesn’t mean you only have to play bloody and dark games.

I might be old but I haven’t die inside……yet!
I started the game, played through two levels, and was like... This just isn't for me, Im too old to be playing this. I don't know. I cant say I ever had that reaction. Maybe I have died inside.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Yooooooo, they even have (world 4 spoilers) Onimusha and Nioh cameos up in this piece! 💯💯💯

Holy shit! Was not expecting this to be one of the PlayStation stages 😂🥳

Last edited:

Quantum253

Gold Member
Alright, Astro has left a grin on my face the whole time. It's non-stop enjoyment. The levels look amazing, textures of materials, how leaves/sprinkles/ice cream/etc move is so much fun to mess around with.
Nothing like it. Mario Galaxy. You might have been dethroned

Edit:
This will one of those games you wish you could experience for the first time afterwards

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Oh yeah

HEFD6Wu.jpeg

Feels bittersweet though, knowing with each completed world I'm one step closer to the finish, I don't want the magic to end. Progress tracker says I'm at 75% after almost 12 hours, that's 100%-ing every world before I move on to the next + messing around in the hub area.

Yooo

This water level music is an absolute banger like some of the all time classic water level songs

So damn chill

yurqqa

People who say the game is 6 hours long have no idea...

I've spent 40 minutes on "Dashing dillo" level alone.

P.S. Perhaps they are also much better players than me. :(

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
The materials in this game are amazing. Just did the mountain lava level and it looks so fucking cool.

Currently sitting at about 110 bots and 2 crash site puzzles completed. Doing my best to spot bots and puzzle pieces, but also trying to keep it moving to see all the levels while still riding the high.

skit_data

Oh god, the Splashing Sprint square bonus level got the best of me. I've completed all the previous bonus levels before progressing but this one will have to wait for later. Got pretty close to the finish line, but I think it's probably among the harder bonus/challenge levels.

Ogbert

Gold Member

I have no idea how people are beating it so quickly. I just don’t get why you would purposefully rush through it.

And anyone that uses the 200 coin bird to hunt down collectibles isn’t in a position to moan about the length.

That said, I think it could do with one more world, with really challenging levels.

Fabieter

splash sprint gave me quite a bit of a problem. It was quite late already but it took me like a hour to finish.

tommib

The triangle levels might have dashed my hope of getting 100 percent. Kinda tuff. The one rolling on the armadillo is killing me.
I did it yesterday. The trickiest part was the electrocution platforms. I moved the camera to get a top down shooter view and clearly see the electricity lines. It made all the difference. Try it.

I did it yesterday. The trickiest part was the electrocution platforms. I moved the camera to get a top down shooter view and clearly see the electricity lines. It made all the difference. Try it.
Is this an option in the menu or do you just manually postion it?

I love the armadillo double jumping off it to land on it is.
Yum Yum Chefs Kiss GIF by Nick Jonas

CellarDoor81

Neo Member
I had to try the
Master Challenge Room on top of the golden statue
at least 50 times. I hated it. Glad it's over! 😅

Kids have found maybe 100 bots and I've played a few levels here and there and I'd be surprised if we hadn't played for 10 hours or more already. The youngest loves replaying the ape escape one over and over and over....

buenoblue

Just finished the third world 100% and this game keeps getting better. So creative, graphics are great, plays great. And if your a PlayStation player for 30 years like me it's super nostalgic too. Also the music brings back that PS1 dance music feeling.

And it gets tough lol. The symbol challenges are no joke.

Game is a masterpiece for me

Markio128

Gold Member
I just rolled the credits and it’s an easy 10/10 game for me. I had so much fun with it that I had to listen to a bit of Radiohead at regular intervals just to balance my emotions.

Seriously though, it’s a wonderful game.

Thankfully I get to do most of it again because I’m missing at least one bot from most levels. Plus, I’ve only completed a handful of the bonus levels, and half of the galaxy ones - and I’m missing quite a few jigsaw peices.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Just unlocked the last nebula map. Have everything else cleared so far. Probably will finish it today or tomorrow. Game is phenomenal. Easy GOTY imo. Graphics, music, boss battles, power ups ... all top notch.

Some of the Xs, Os, triangles, and squares levels were very challenging ... one in particular, Splashing Sprint, had me stuck for about 15-20 mins. But it wasn't unfair and felt very rewarding when I solved it.

My only only issue with the game is that, despite the PS5, I haven't owned a PS since PS2 so alot of the PS3 and PS4 character cameos are somewhat lost on me, but when characters from
Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Suikoden, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami etc
start dropping it really hit me in the feels.

Last edited:

ap_puff

yeah...i have 6 hours in the game and I just started the 3rd nebula and missing a couple collectibles in the 2nd. 6 hours sounds like someone who knows the game is speedrunning it.

SkylineRKR

I have beaten only 3 levels and 2 hidden levels and the game is an absolute blast. Those hidden levels seems to be based on the previous games? The music of the Fan Club level kind of hit me. It reminded me of being home alone during the pandemia, hooking up my PS5 at launch day for the first time. Playroom was an excellent game I couldn't stop playing.

Certinty

I’m having way too much fun playing this, time is just flying by.

But now my problem is do I continue like this and complete it today or save it for a longer period of time.

What a game and what a problem to have.

I started the game, played through two levels, and was like... This just isn't for me, Im too old to be playing this. I don't know. I cant say I ever had that reaction. Maybe I have died inside.
But why is your instinctive reaction that you are “too old”? It could be any number of things. Why not “hungry” or “depressed” or “lack of vitamin D”, “lonely”, etc…

You are searching for the solution to something in your video games that this isn’t providing. What is it?

-Dr. Rump, therapist

The music of the Fan Club level kind of hit me. It reminded me of being home alone during the pandemia, hooking up my PS5 at launch day for the first time.
There is something about some of the music that makes me emotional. It does immediately bring back memories of PS5 launch day, playing Astro’s Playroom with my daughter.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
I'll give your camera angle a try, I finished the big Snake boss last night. A big boss was easier than a tiny little challenge level.

tommib

I'll give your camera angle a try, I finished the big Snake boss last night. A big boss was easier than a tiny little challenge level.
The challenge levels are devious but you’ll get there. I did all the triangle ones yesterday but apparently they’ll get tougher. :/

SCB3

Ugh I couldn't resist it, even though I spent a lot this month on a PS Portal, Black Myth and my kids days out, I had to grab a Disc version

Top Bottom