• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 108 33.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 150 46.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 37 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
someone said IGNorant is giving the game 9.

Season 5 What GIF by Sony Pictures Television

bundylove bundylove

Last edited:

splattered

I'm calling 95-100, it's the only thing Sony has in the hopper this generation that actually looks good. Hopefully it has meat to it though and isn't super short and more an expanded version of tech demos with a bunch of cutsie skins to buy. If it is, then I'll bump down to 90-94.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
I'm going with 90-94. Hopefully will be a great game and critically well received.

It's really hard to get 90-94. PlayStation Sites will give it 95-100 and Xbox/PC sites will give it 60-75.

The aggregate isn't what it should mean anymore. You should be able to as a user of the review site, remove sites that are unbalanced.

You can't even rely on the metacritic because this game is likely to get reverse review bombed to show that the community wants single player "woke free" games.

Dafegamer

It's really hard to get 90-94. PlayStation Sites will give it 95-100 and Xbox/PC sites will give it 60-75.

The aggregate isn't what it should mean anymore. You should be able to as a user of the review site, remove sites that are unbalanced.

You can't even rely on the metacritic because this game is likely to get reverse review bombed to show that the community wants single player "woke free" games.
Xbox sites won't review the game. As a matter of Fact Xbox centric review outlets never Review games from other Companies

what if this game has an easter egg for Concord? it probably had to have that cross promotion, but probably they will have to remove it now?

Banjo64

cumsessed
89 but I feel that’s conservative. Could be as high as 91, maybe as low as 87 - don’t see it dropping below that.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m thinking 89.

I think it has potential for 100, but with us only playing as a it/the, the odds are reviews will bring it down.

I get that all the grizzled vets out there are going to wage console wars over this, but it's simply not possible to hate Astro Bot. The game is pure joy and the main ingredients are love and charm. I am expecting 90+ even when the dust is settled, a must have for PS5 owners.

My life is getting busier by the week so I may not be there day 1 but will be playing this for sure in the near future.

SkylineRKR

The previous 2 were easily 90+, but I do think this one might get docked here and there for not being a VR thing. I guess around 87.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Draugoth Draugoth keeps making these polls private.

He's drunk when he makes half of these threads across multiple forums as fast as he can... the aim is quantity over quality.

Unfortunately, it results in people being able to hide their true vitriol for video gaming simply because the game is on a different plastic box...

Fishels

I hate to be this guy. But if it was Nintendo it’d be a a guaranteed 95. And i’m a diehard Nintendo fan.

I’m really hoping it is good enough to reach the 90’s. Personally I believe it will stand out in a sea of disappointing or uninteresting platformers.

Cakeboxer

I hate to be this guy. But if it was Nintendo it’d be a a guaranteed 95. And i’m a diehard Nintendo fan.
And Playstation games are not overrated? All the PlayStation reviewers will give Astrobot an auto 95-100.
Then we will have the usual 1-2 desperate for clicks with 60 or 70. It depends on the rest and i think if it will be high 80s or low 90s. My gut tells me 93.

Last edited:

Fabieter

I like Mario but no matter how good this game is it won't review as well as the 3d mario games but I hope they do at least above 90.

Last edited:
Top Bottom