• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 108 33.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 150 46.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 37 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tommib

I think you got this backwards, they will mark it down because it DOESN'T have genders, races ...etc plus not being Nintendo game šŸ¤£
Idiotic thinking. Dustborn and Concord had ā€œgendersā€ and ā€œracesā€ and terrible meta critic scores.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Dunno if this has been posted. Long 40 mins session gives a good idea about the game.

Looks a bit basic in platforming and enemy attacks etc. maybe its better to play?

Astro Bot is charming?

Maybe you find vacuum cleaner in your home charming as well?

thirs looks waaaaaay worse then traler buuuuut over 90 I am known for my predictions

Do you realy think an avarage gamer (or kids) look at Metacritic/Review scores? If its appealing, fun and has good marketing it doesnt matter if its high 80s or 90s.
Kids and dads wonā€™t care, but there are a significant amount of people that are high scores sensible and will buy it on impulse.

But the most important thing with any game is the WoM.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Im biased af but i think worst astro could get is 85, altho voted for 90+ coz hoping talent will win :)
No idea why you were laughing, but it literally is a glorified tech-demo.
It seems to be more of the same, which is good enough for what it is. But it doesn't seem to be something earthshattering.

Last edited:

Cakeboxer

No idea why you were laughing, but it literally is a glorified tech-demo.
It seems to be more of the same, which is good enough for what it is. But it doesn't seem to be something earthshattering.
It's just a platformer, what do you expect from it to not call it a more of the same tech-demo? 50 different endings and dialogues that change the story?

StueyDuck

there are two types of people, those who actually played astrobot robot rescue mission, and those who haven't.

very easy to spot who is who in this thread.

i went with 90+ because i know that's what it'll deserve but modern game journos are proper turkeys. They'll glob on to some dumb thing, they might even try get revenge for concord failing and sony pulling it. Unfortunately you just can't just gaming media.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

What the actual fuck, man.

Not even the most deranged among Pikmins (radical nintenfans) would come up with this.
It's almost exactly like Astro's Playroom, just more of it.

It's weird though. One moment I'm a PS shill, the next I'm not allowed to not be as positive as lots of Gaffers?šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

Hookshot

Gold Member
Itā€™s sack boy the most beloved Sony star dressed up as an iMac the computer that saved Apple, thereā€™s not a website on earth daft enough to upset both those rabid fanbases. Itā€™s getting 10ā€™s just so their staff can sleep safely at night.

I don't see how anyone would want to harshly review this for any reason whatsoever. This is what videogame is supposed to be (and was) since its inception: unlimited fun, and only fun. This is why I am thinking +90.

EDIT: only 2h20mn or so before the scores!

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

You consistently have the worst opinions on everything ever, It's quite the skill. Commendable.
Just like when I said Sony was smart to release a ā‚¬400 PS5 Digital that sits in between Series S and X and that MS would be better off by going 3rd party.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Thinking about this a bit more, Iā€™ve finalized my prediction score. I simply cannot see this scoring anything other than something in the 0-100 range.

Just my opinion of course.
That's a big ass range.
I remain with my prediction, 75 or 95.

Dafegamer

0cEbIlz.jpeg

kKF4Jbg.jpeg

It's almost exactly like Astro's Playroom, just more of it.

It's weird though. One moment I'm a PS shill, the next I'm not allowed to not be as positive as lots of Gaffers?šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

Ok, could you elaborate what would make a platfromer a non-glorified demo?

We could say the same about Mario 64, then.

Killjoy-NL

Ok, could you elaborate what would make a platfromer a non-glorified demo?

We could say the same about Mario 64, then.
I was talking Astro specifically.

Playroom was a VR tech-demo.

Astro Bot Rescue Mission was a glorified VR tech-demo.

Astro's Playroom was a Dualsense/PS5 tech-demo.

Astro Bot seems to be a glorified tech-demo.

Last edited:

nowhat

I tried to convince a friend to play the first one but his reasoning is ā€œNo, itā€™s free so probably not goodā€
I can't recall a pack-in freebie as good as Astro's Playroom since... I guess Wii Sports. But didn't they drop that with some very end-of-the line Wii versions? So I'm not sure it counts.

Last edited:

Dafegamer

I think these are new users who have join dates of when they applied maybe and not when they were able to post.
There's no conspiracy, I mostly lurk these Forums to get my latest info of the gaming industry or news. I also post now and then. I also have a busy life, so take it as you will.

GymWolf

Gold Member
goes to authors socials, sees all the flags and pronouns that a regular weenie boy who was unpopular at school would have.

games journalism everyone.
You are more brave than me, last time i checked one of these dudes bio i got pubic lices.

I'm going with 86-89, but want it to score 90+.

Team Asobi deserve their place among the premier Sony first party teams, and if Astro Bot becomes the official mascot for PlayStation, it cements their position.

Top Bottom