• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 108 33.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 150 46.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 37 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrippleA345

All because I sold my PS5

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF
What you have done?
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Breaking news, video game that’s actually fun and not a soulless propaganda piece and/or live service grift gets good reviews. Maybe they should do more of that.
Maybe the publishers and stockholder need to accept that a good single player game can sell 10 million+ units. Budget accordingly and keep expectations in check.....instead of promising a steady flow of $$$$$ with GAAS

Zones

See Sony? No need for 400m dollar 8h walk/talk/cutscene borefests with depressive/woke stories or Ubisoft formula bullshit to make a great and FUN game.
Hope we'll see more of those games.
How about we don't get ahead of ourselves until we have it for a fact that Astro Bot can sell similar to TLOU, Uncharted, Horizon, etc.

Oh and it's kind of cute that people like you pretend that those other Sony games are not some of the most highly acclaimed games of the industry. Heck, part of the Astro Bot charm is about paying tribute to those generally beloved games.

StueyDuck

So glad to see it's fire like we all expected, now we all gotta just put our money where our mouths are and support this big time (I already pre-ordered basically the day that i could)

The only way you get more games like this and less games like concord is if those games bomb and these games soar as a success

Last edited:

kaizenkko

The goal of their gaas-strategy is to have their own gaas exist alongside singleplayer games and help fund more of said singleplayer games.
I really don't know why people keep saying that. Where did you get that? I'm 100% sure that Astro Bot sells can fund Team Asobi's next game. In fact, all Sony's single-player titles are profitables. What is not profitable are Concord's-like.

Cannot wait to play this tomorrow but I really do hope that this game does well for the developers and Sony.

PS5 owners should at least be familiar with the character via the free (and awesome) Astro's Playroom but I hope that Astro Bot isn't cruelly ignored/overlooked in favour of the latest triple A shooter. It would be a real shame as new IPs are rare these days and Astro Bot himself (itself?) seems like a great mascot for the PlayStation brand.

Last edited:

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
I really don't know why people keep saying that. Where did you get that? I'm 100% sure that Astro Bot sells can fund Team Asobi's next game. In fact, all Sony's single-player titles are profitables. What is not profitable are Concord's-like.

It's because you don't listen when people say things.

Astro Bot was a cheaper single player game. Most of Sony's AAA single player games cost big money. They're inherently risky endeavors and they take a long time to produce.

Companies need constant cash flow and operating income.

Concord was a failure and Helldivers 2 is probably the best selling PlayStation game of all time... "it be like that sometimes"

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Welp now we know what's winning GotY. Huge win for Sony, they needed it after Concord.
The Geoffies are heavily sponsored by China and Chinese companies... just look at tencent awarding themselves the singular random award of greenest games company at gamescom.

I think you could easily see wukong winning at the Geoffies...

Zones

How long before Sony shuts Asobi down for not meeting unrealistic expectations?
How long before clueless people declaring Astro Bot a massive commercial success without knowing or comprehending the game's actual financial performance?

Oh already too late...

Cakeboxer

How about we don't get ahead of ourselves until we have it for a fact that Astro Bot can sell similar to TLOU, Uncharted, Horizon, etc.

Oh and it's kind of cute that people like you pretend that those other Sony games are not some of the most highly acclaimed games of the industry. Heck, part of the Astro Bot charm is about paying tribute to those generally beloved games.
Give Astro Bot also a marketing budget of >100m dollar and we'll see.

I don't give a shit about highly acclaimed games if they are not for me. For me it's all about gameplay, just like in the good old PS1 + PS2 times.

Killjoy-NL

Because Sony has been talking about it since 2019?

That includes them being realistic enough to acknowledge the risks and probability that not all titles will succeed.
The way Concord flopped is exceptional though, regardless of Sony's strategy.

Top Bottom