• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 108 33.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 150 46.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 37 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tsaki

94! LET'S GOOOOOOOO
ISqh90D.jpeg

iHGmagU.gif

Last edited:

sainraja

Where did I disagree in my original post about this? Also, where is ND's new IP? Are you from the future? So far we got nothing.

Aaaand we're done discussing if thats all u got.
Saying they haven't worked on a new IP yet doesn't change what ND was allowed to do in the past. For the PS1 generation, they worked on Crash. For the PS2, they moved on to Jak, with the PS3 it was Uncharted and then they moved on to Last of Us. They deviated from their pattern a bit during the PS4 gen because we got UC4 and TLOU started on the PS3. But the point is, ND had the liberty to decide if they are going to pursue a new IP or an old one and this was true for them, even before Uncharted.

Astray

Can't wait to play this on Friday. Perfect weekend game.

Also got the special edition controller coming my way.

SuperDad

Neo Member
Lol, Era piling on the faux outrage about dead Sony IPs.

I didn't have this on the radar, but I might just impulse buy this. I could use a reason to play my PS5 and a lighthearted platform sounds perfect.

Mownoc

It is currently sitting as the 68th highest rated game of all time, and the highest rated 3d platformer ever that doesn't have the Mario IP behind it.

Arun1910

This is amazing, I honestly expected mid 80s for this based off the demo that came with the PS5 but what they've ended up crafting for a main Astro title is obviously a big step up.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Any word on hour length? Are levels replayable? Lots of collectibles to go back and find?
In regards to length, they've noted that this iteration will take most players around 12-15 hours, and this will be without any side content or exploration.

For comparision staple of 3d platformers, so mario odyssey

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

For comparision staple of 3d platformers, so mario odyssey
I am at work so can't reach those sites. But 12-15 hours is decent

demigod

Game will be an easy

80-84%​

GAF is on pure cope thinking it will reach high 80's or even 90 on MC.
Hidden profile along with this gem, keep coping.

It also shows that we at Gaf know when a game will be good or not just at looking it even very early. We know Concord, the last Star wars and the likes (like the next Indiana Jones) would bomb. We know anything from From Software, Stellar Blade, Wukong or from Asobi would be hits just by looking how fun or compelling they were without awful and addictive GAAS systems.

It's really not that hard when you are actually a... gamer. This is really the main problem of those big corporations. The people who decide are managers, not gamers or even previously game directors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom