• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland |OT| Now With Dual Audio

BOUGHT !!
Because dual voice. i skipped the PS3 version for the same reason.

my backlog ...... is not fine but who cares ? It's atelier.

Ohnonono

I have only managed about 20 mins of the game but I like the setting so far. Odd juxtaposition of ruined wasteland and HAPPY CRAFTING.

Vylash

forgot to mention that buying it within the first month gets you the Strawberry Swimsuit, Modern Girl, Little Garnet & Bride Sapphire, White Diamond, Passion Cloth and Flower Band for free, I'm not sure what they look like, but it's practically guaranteed that they won't be sold separately

ohlawd

just can't bring myself to wear anything but the default costumes

Linca looks good in her swimsuit outfits though

Uthred

forgot to mention that buying it within the first month gets you the Strawberry Swimsuit, Modern Girl, Little Garnet & Bride Sapphire, White Diamond, Passion Cloth and Flower Band for free, I'm not sure what they look like, but it's practically guaranteed that they won't be sold separately

I'd need to double check, but havent all the other "Free at launch" costumes ended up being sold seperately? Any particular reason it wouldnt be the case here?

Producer

I'd need to double check, but havent all the other "Free at launch" costumes ended up being sold seperately? Any particular reason it wouldnt be the case here?

don't think so. i remember totori had the bonus dlc, and if you look up the game on psn there's no dlc at all, just the game.

sucks since i didn't have a vita when totori plus and meruru plus launched

Uthred

don't think so. i remember totori had the bonus dlc, and if you look up the game on psn there's no dlc at all, just the game.

sucks since i didn't have a vita when totori plus and meruru plus launched

I think Meruru and Rorona Plus have the bonus costumes available to buy now, not sure though as I cant find a listing of what the bonus costumes initially were

Atelier Ayesha Plus online survey posted on Gust's facebook page.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/atelier-ayesha-p_eu

Everyone should fill up the survey and in the comments ask for Atelier Chibi Rorona for 3DS to be localized as close as the JP release as possible and for more Chibi Atelier games to be made.

I asked for that and also for Ar nosurge plus, I wonder if that's ever going to come out over here...

And Escha plus, I NEED that game as soon as possible.

Everyone should fill up the survey and in the comments ask for Atelier Chibi Rorona for 3DS to be localized as close as the JP release as possible and for more Chibi Atelier games to be made.

Phew, thanks!

So yeah, I just spent over an hour typing up lengthy responses to each of the categories and then editing them because I kept going over the maximum character limit. Hopefully they help make the games better in some way. :)

Also, I probably got a little out of hand with this question:

What band/artist's music would you like to hear in future Atelier games?

My answer:

Hiroyuki Sawano/SawanoHiroyuki[NZK],
Mika Kobayashi,
Cyua,
Emi Evans,
Aimee Blackshleiger,
Kokia,
Mio Sakuraba (Composer Motoi Sakuraba's daughter. Though she hasn't sung since Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell's Xbox 360 release)

Hey, they asked. :p

At least I didn't list improbable artists like Celtic Woman/Lisa Kelly (who's no longer part of group and teaches singing classes in the USA now, I believe.)

edit: Well, Mio might be improbable since she hasn't sung for her dad or anybody for years. Might not be a career she wants. And I forgot to add Sarah Àlainn (sung Xenoblade's and Time Travelers' ending songs) to that list. xD

On Vita? How did I miss that!

The only time I've seen them on sale was during Golden Week sale last year... I grabbed them then because I didn't think they'd be on sale again anytime soon.

I might update my Vita for this and say screw it to possible homebrew... but then again, not sure I want to spend another $40 on an Atelier game I likely won't finish (nearly finished Totori, failed, restarted and didn't finish, Meruru I started but didn't get too far in before being burnt out).

Durante

What kind of future game(s) would you like to see from Gust and Koei Tecmo? (3,000 characters max.)
More Ar Tonelico.
PC/Steam ports of Atelier.

For any other comments, please fill in below. (3,000 characters max.)
Seriously, Steam. Do it. I'll buy 20.

I put Rekka Katakiri :p

Soo I bought Atelier Ayesha on PS3 from PSN at one point in the past year when it was on sale for a fairly good price. I still haven't managed to play it.

I'm just wondering, since I got a PSTV that I like using, is there enough new content in this version to consider getting and playing this version instead? Not really considering price, just at some point, should I just try to play this one instead?

cpooi

Damn it KT, release the damn English version in Asia.

Asking support for release date ended with a "we don't know it either".

Vylash

Soo I bought Atelier Ayesha on PS3 from PSN at one point in the past year when it was on sale for a fairly good price. I still haven't managed to play it.

I'm just wondering, since I got a PSTV that I like using, is there enough new content in this version to consider getting and playing this version instead? Not really considering price, just at some point, should I just try to play this one instead?

this is a hard question to answer without knowing if you even like Ayesha, play the PS3 version and see how it sits with you, if you fall in love with it then the Vita version is worth a purchase

Khrno

What kind of future game(s) would you like to see from Gust and Koei Tecmo? (3,000 characters max.)

PC/Steam ports of Atelier.

Oh don't do this to me, I play each Atelier game about 3-4 times already, and having them on Steam would mean to play them another 3-4 times, but with a good framerate!

I did complain on one of the answers that the framerate was usually shit even in PS3, and that I hoped that the PS4 games would at least be solid 30 fps.

Also, I probably got a little out of hand with this question:

I was thinking on listing artists too, but then I just said more insert songs by all the VA.

Clov

I filled it out and asked for the 3DS Atelier Rorona game. I also asked for that Otomate Atelier game that was on PSP, because it's nice to have dreams.

Vylash

found a pic of the bonus costumes

B7PsbT6CcAA0CXA.jpg:large

Could people filling this up also ask them to release the game (Atelier Ayesha Plus, English version) in Asia?

You live in Asia? Did the other plus games release over there in English?

read the first page of this thread again then come back

I read it, but then I got to the bottom of that post and your monstrous face erased all my memories of what I had read. :p

Really though, I don't get it. Only hint I got is that the thread was made by CureVylash, who didn't like Atelier Ayesha, but likes the Arland games. So I guess the joke is... no, I don't get it. :(

cpooi

You live in Asia? Did the other plus games release over there in English?

Yup, Singapore here.

We get the Japanese versions same week as Japan, and the English versions the same week as US and EU for the past few releases (Estsa and Logy, Ayesha, Shallie, Meruru+ and Rorona+). We even got a Chinese version of Shallie recently.

Totori+ (Eng ver) took months though. So basically things were good after 2013, apart from being unable to unlock bonus costumes due to Totori+ being the "EU" version and Meruru+ and Rorona+ being the "US" ones, so the games don't recognize Totori+ and refuse to unlock my bonus costumes. (Also, we never get any sales on them, but that's another matter entirely)

But now for some strange reason we don't have Ayesha+, even though we have Ayesha (Eng) on PS3 and Ayesha+ (Jap) on VIta.

Edit: asking KT (asia) customer support gave me this:
Thanks a lot for your e-mail!

But, sorry! We did not got the information, either.

Yup, Singapore here.

We get the Japanese versions same week as Japan, and the English versions the same week as US and EU for the past few releases (Estsa and Logy, Ayesha, Shallie, Meruru+ and Rorona+). We even got a Chinese version of Shallie recently.

Totori+ (Eng ver) took months though.

Hmm, weird that this isn't out over there then. I wish you luck. Hopefully it'll be released there eventually like Totori was.

edit: Hey, cpooi, do you know their email address? I'll ask them too. Maybe they'll bring it out sooner if they see more of us asking them. lol

cpooi

Hmm, weird that this isn't out over there then. I wish you luck. Hopefully it'll be released there eventually like Totori was.

edit: Hey, cpooi, do you know their email address? I'll ask them too. Maybe they'll bring it out sooner if they see more of us asking them. lol

Honestly, their Asia customer support is worthless. See the nonsense I posted about the bonus costumes stuff on the Plus versions? They didn't know a thing about it, and it took them a month to acknowledge it, and ended with a "we will try to ensure it won't happen again" without any fix.

In any case, here is their CS email: service@koeitecmo.com.tw

Edit: Asking the US and EU branches always end with them saying they don't deal with Asia.

Edit2: I really want it out ASAP as the upcoming 10% discount for PSN is probably my only chance to grab it at anything other than full price. Atelier games never go on sale in Asia.

Honestly, their Asia customer support is worthless. See the nonsense I posted about the bonus costumes stuff on the Plus versions? They didn't know a thing about it, and it took them a month to acknowledge it, and ended with a "we will try to ensure it won't happen again" without any fix.

In any case, here is their CS email: service@koeitecmo.com.tw

Edit: Asking the US and EU branches always end with them saying they don't deal with Asia.

Edit2: I really want it out ASAP as the upcoming 10% discount for PSN is probably my only chance to grab it at anything other than full price. Atelier games never go on sale in Asia.

That stinks. :(

Well, I sent an email anyway. Any little thing to bug them to look into it. Good luck.

ohlawd

I read it, but then I got to the bottom of that post and your monstrous face erased all my memories of what I had read. :p

Really though, I don't get it. Only hint I got is that the thread was made by CureVylash, who didn't like Atelier Ayesha, but likes the Arland games. So I guess the joke is... no, I don't get it. :(

pfft no one hates my gorgeous mug

I meant that OP admitted there was an error in the title

Falk

that puzzling face

Honestly speaking? I feel the only Plus that's ever been warranted on extra gameplay content would be Rorona, because of the extra endgame added which also pays homage to the two sequels. That being said if you're a diehard fan or looking to revisit, the other Plusses are worth looking at.

Ayesha is also in this other situation where the Plus version, while not as extensive as Rorona in content, adds in JP voices, which was absent from the original English release and a big minus for people who cared about that stuff.

Merun

Ayesha is also in this other situation where the Plus version, while not as extensive as Rorona in content, adds in JP voices, which was absent from the original English release and a big minus for people who cared about that stuff.

A bit on the fences to double dip considering I did for Rorona and Meruru plus but never finished them. But since I played with English voice... I want to hear Marina Inoue's voice! ( I also loled when I saw her name on the US PS3 opening )

edit: oh and bride Ayesha is love <3

Top Bottom