• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky |OT| Just Pretend it's Mana-Khemia 3

Cheska

Super bummed like everyone else that my goHastings order got canceled :( BUT I was able to pick up a copy for $33 shipped via Gamefly. WOOHOO!!

Ayesha is far and above my favorite entry so I can't wait to get my little hands on Escha & Logy.

OceanBlue

I'm on the 4th assignment and I'm finding the little goals and the subsystems much more engaging than Ayesha. This is a really fun game.

Itsuki

9th assignment finished and ship built. I think this is the first Atelier in a while that I don't get the bad ending on my first run.

BTW, it looks like there's a pack of BGM DLC up on the PSN store now.

It costs $1.49.

From the description, it sounds like it'll be like Ayesha's BGM pack and contain way more Atelier music that your random selection can handle.

Jisgsaw

I wanna get a Atelier game but I'm always put off by the time limits in them. I just wanna explore at my leisure. I'm guessing this has a time limit too?

As mentionned by others, the time limit is pretty leniant.

The game being segmented in 3 months intervall also helps a lot.

Rarutos

It costs $1.49.

From the description, it sounds like it'll be like Ayesha's BGM pack and contain way more Atelier music that your random selection can handle.

Well it says from the PS3 Ateliers, I wonder if this means they're not including music from Mana-Khemia 2 and before then. :(

I really liked the BGM packs for Ayesha and Meruru, it included music from even all the random little music bonus CDs from Japanese preorders like the hard to find Mana-Khemia Condition Red and Green mini-albums and all Gust games except Ar tonelico basically.

Well it says only from the PS3 Ateliers, I wonder if this means they're not including music from Mana-Khemia 2 and before then. :(

I really liked the BGM packs for Ayesha and Meruru, it included music from even all the random little music bonus CDs from Japanese preorders like the hard to find Mana-Khemia Condition Red and Green mini-albums and all Gust games except Ar tonelico basically.

Oh, I just saw the big over 300 songs, and just assumed it was everything, lol.

I'll probably buy it (whenever the store is fully up) and see what it is. I do need to spend 60 bucks this week anyway.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
"Just Pretend it's Mana-Khemia 3"

Wait, I can really do that? Mana Khemia 1 is easily one of my favourite games of all time. I've liked the Atelier PS3 games so far, but they're definitely not the "RPG's" I loved from Atelier Iris and such.

Rarutos

Wait, I can really do that? Mana Khemia 1 is easily one of my favourite games of all time. I've liked the Atelier PS3 games so far, but they're definitely not the "RPG's" I loved from Atelier Iris and such.

Not to the extent of the game structure, but more to the extent of the battle system which is very much taken from Mana-Khemia.

Though I haven't played the game myself yet, so someone else might be able to explain if there is more that is similar or not.

It has the whole six member party system with a front and back row that was much appreciated in Mana Khemia.

And it was cause I couldn't think of a good pun to tie Mana Khemia and Eschatology together X)

OceanBlue

what attack items have you guys been using? I've been using Omega Crafts but four spaces :(

I haven't tried Omega Crafts. I have up to Lightning Bombs but Escha's Ice Bombs wreck everything up to the start of assignment 4. Almost 200 damage AoE lol.

Rarutos

Finally got my game and started it up as Logy! I'm surprised that the localization is using "atelier" instead of "workshop" for once!

Soriku

It costs $1.49.

What tracks are originally available (without buying DLC)?

Stuart444

what attack items have you guys been using? I've been using Omega Crafts but four spaces :(

I've been using Omega Crafts, Lava Cubes, Dire Bombs and that ice bomb you get not long after dire bombs (forget the name). Before that, I used Craft/Bombs/Ice Bombs.

OceanBlue

Just a few tracks form the Arland games, which is honestly all I need, but Escha's soundtrack is so good you really won't need to switch

I really like how consistently good it is. I haven't heard a song that stood out way above everything else like Recollection Hill, but I've really liked almost every song I've heard from the game so far (as opposed to Ayesha which had some amazing tracks and other not-so-amazing ones IMO).

Not to knock on Ayesha's OST. That game has great music too.

So I go to a section on the map that says I need to have a requirement of "Destroy Boulder | Durabilty 30. I have no idea what this means, any help?

Stuart444

So I go to a section on the map that says I need to have a requirement of "Destroy Boulder | Durabilty 30. I have no idea what this means, any help?

Means you click on it and if you have a bomb, you can use that to destroy the boulder/bring down it's durability. (aka use several bombs to destroy it)

Vylash

You need bombs to destroy it and gain entry to the area, get used to this because you'll see it a lot

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I forgot I pre-ordered this and found it at the office when I was going to pick up my new capture card! It does 1080p so it will be a good test subject.
T9tG8Vvl.jpg

Rarutos

Well, I downloaded the BGM pack DLC and I'm sad that it really is only the PS3 games' musics. No Mana-Khemia music for our NG+s :(

Also, is that Pamela's Teddy Bear I see in Marion's office? <3

I do wish this game (and many others) had that whole XMB screenshotting feature.

Cause I just want to show off my dual tail action between Escha and Logy now.

I guess to comment, I actually do like this new Adventure Items system. It really gets me to actually use the items instead of stockpiling them for the off chance I will need to use them and that it'll never actually come.

I also like the new world map system of reaching a place and having a field map connecting all the fields in that place together.

The whole gauge thing that you gain from collecting and whatnot is pretty interesting too.

And Logy's battle music is fantastic~

OceanBlue

I think I'm halfway through assignment 5 (I'm at the assignment with the apples. That shouldn't be a spoiler, right?) and just got the recipe for the Gunade Ring. Lol this item is so good. +39 ATK, +53 DEF, +66 SPD, and -15% MP cost on my first try. I'm sure there are even more ridiculous property combinations. Too bad you can't clone accessories with the homunculi or equip duplicates of each item. :V

Items feel so strong in this game. None of my characters can get close to the damage output Escha and Logy can do through items. Maybe it's always been this way and I've just been too hesitant to use items before lol.

I love how interesting and powerful the synthesis skills are in this game. It's really fun trying to combine the skills to maximize the amount of element attributes your items give and to get as many duplicates as you can.

As I posted before, I really like all of the subsystems they've added to the game. Adventure Equipment really makes it fun to use items (although I feel like they probably should've nerfed items a bit lol). Field Events add a lot more player agency to how you go through dungeons. I like having to choose between getting a small amount of rarer items or a bunch of items (now that I have Plant Nutrients I can choose both :V), and relics and big monster encounters help break up the grind.

This game is so much fun. I like all of the characters too, though it feels like there are less character events than Ayesha. Although the bosses feel pretty easy at this point, I'll probably get destroyed once I get closer to the end of the game like with every other Atelier game :<. It might be because I'm playing this game right now and I haven't played the others in a while, but in my opinion this might be the most entertaining Atelier game on the PS3 so far.

Jisgsaw

I think I'm halfway through assignment 5 (I'm at the assignment with the apples. That shouldn't be a spoiler, right?) and just got the recipe for the Gunade Ring. Lol this item is so good. +39 ATK, +53 DEF, +66 SPD, and -15% MP cost on my first try. I'm sure there are even more ridiculous property combinations. Too bad you can't clone accessories with the homunculi or equip duplicates of each item. :V

With the earth synthetisis powers, you cn get 3 or 4 in one go.

This game is so much fun. I like all of the characters too, though it feels like there are less character events than Ayesha. Although the bosses feel pretty easy at this point, I'll probably get destroyed once I get closer to the end of the game like with every other Atelier game :<. It might be because I'm playing this game right now and I haven't played the others in a while, but in my opinion this might be the most entertaining Atelier game on the PS3 so far.

Not really.
There are two extremely powerfull bosses, but other than that I breathed threw the game, due, as you sayed, to the OP bombs (especially with Dual Draw II).
I didn't do too much stong monsters fights threw field events, I guess they will are really hard though.

ohlawd

I'm almost done, I think. Just finished assignment 7... or is it 8? I dunno. Assume 8.

I struggled a bit with the last main boss
tank? that one
because I reeeally don't like using Dual Draw II. Right now I've killed
one of the dragons and that was a pain. I used most of my attack items so I had to teleport out. I'll have to waste almost a month traveling to kill the other two.

I guess I have to use different bombs and upgrade my equipment.

Jisgsaw

I'm almost done, I think. Just finished assignment 7... or is it 8? I dunno. Assume 8.

I struggled a bit with the last main boss
tank? that one
because I reeeally don't like using Dual Draw II. Right now I've killed
one of the dragons and that was a pain. I used most of my attack items so I had to teleport out. I'll have to waste almost a month traveling to kill the other two.

I guess I have to use different bombs and upgrade my equipment.

If it takes you one month to travel there,
you should first continue the draughnought quest (or however it's called) from Awin. It's only like 9 days after you upgraded your baloon.

Itsuki

I'm on the Floating Ruins
and I had a hard time with that gryphon boss (I forgot his name) also the battle theme is so good. I still haven't beat him because I need new bombs and healing items.

ohlawd

I'm on the Floating Ruins
and I had a hard time with that gryphon boss (I forgot his name) also the battle theme is so good. I still haven't beat him because I need new bombs and healing items.

That's where I am

I combo'd it with the best items I have so Double Draw II at the end. Didn't even dent it all that much. I stopped at 20 mins when all I could do was deal 1/4 its health. I let it kill me so I can teleport back home and start making new weapons you get from the 1st boss there.

Caladrius

What gunpowder items are available during the first assignment? That's the last one I have before I finish the first report card.

(1st person to answer gets my Gamestop costume code. >___>)

What gunpowder items are available during the first assignment? That's the last one I have before I finish the first report card.

(1st person to answer gets my Gamestop costume code. >___>)

Bullet Seeds and Charcoal Pieces are what I had.

No need to give me the costume code. :p

Lucentto

Banned
I also got an Amazon promo code for the Escha witch costume, I don't really care for it. First person who quotes me gets it.

If anyone has an extra Enchanted Witch costume I'll gladly take it. Little upset that Amazon did wind up having it, as I cancelled it because several customer service reps could find no information anywhere about this bonus.

Kudos to those of you that wound up with it.

Top Bottom