• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky |OT| Just Pretend it's Mana-Khemia 3

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Aww yeeeah. Perfect 1st report card! :3

fNLeGcr.jpg

Alright, as someone who has Platinumed every Atelier game since Rorona, Escha & Logy is the best PS3 Atelier game.

Like holy shit. Every game I loved almost everything about it, but one thing would drag it down for me. Loved Totori's plot and characters had issues with it's alchemy. Loved Meruru's alchemy and battle system, had issues with it's characters and plot. Loved Ayesha's alchemy, battles and time system, had issues with it's characters and alchemy (yeah, I know I listed it for both).

Escha and Logy? Goddam, I love the alchemy, the battles, the plot, the characters...man, this is the most solid Atelier game yet.

Loving this game.

Soriku

Alright, as someone who has Platinumed every Atelier game since Rorona, Escha & Logy is the best PS3 Atelier game.

Like holy shit. Every game I loved almost everything about it, but one thing would drag it down for me. Loved Totori's plot and characters had issues with it's alchemy. Loved Meruru's alchemy and battle system, had issues with it's characters and plot. Loved Ayesha's alchemy, battles and time system, had issues with it's characters and alchemy (yeah, I know I listed it for both).

Escha and Logy? Goddam, I love the alchemy, the battles, the plot, the characters...man, this is the most solid Atelier game yet.

Loving this game.

Damn you goHastings.

Well, I'll still get the game eventually.

ohlawd

Almost done 1st term card but uhhhhhhhhhh am I missing something or am I not allowed to make multiple items at a time.

RurouniZel

Squee! Can't believe I haven't talked to you about the game yet. How are you enjoying it, who you playing first?

I'm playing Escha's route. I'm enjoying it a lot, but I kinda already knew I was going to as it's Atelier
and I've played a bit of the Japanese original so I kinda had an idea of what I should be doing in general.

Man, I thought the link bonuses were only if you unlocked them at the same time. Cause of that, I missed like 5 trying to unlock more in my own...

I don't remember if bonuses are tied to doing them at the same time. I'll have to look it up. orz

Almost done 1st term card but uhhhhhhhhhh am I missing something or am I not allowed to make multiple items at a time.

Do you mean Adventure Equip? You can equip up to 5 spaces at first, when you unlock bonuses this increases by 5 and you can equip more. :)

ohlawd

no, synthesizing 3 bombs or something at the same time. Let's say it takes 3 days for each bomb so it'll be 9 days spent after making 3 bombs at the cauldron.

I'm really loving the Adventure Equips. I just packed Escha and Logy with bombs and I can slay monsters for a while, go back to town and repeat. Reusable shit is really cool.

RurouniZel

no, synthesizing 3 bombs or something at the same time. Let's say it takes 3 days for each bomb so it'll be 9 days spent after making 3 bombs at the cauldron.

I'm really loving the Adventure Equips. I just packed Escha and Logy with bombs and I can slay monsters for a while, go back to town and repeat. Reusable shit is really cool.

Ah, yeah I'm not entirely sure on that one. Might be unlocked later but don't quote me on that.

Should have figured you had had the Japanese import. :)

I might have to wait a week or so to finally play this, but will be worth it. ^^

Busaiku

Bonuses aren't dependent on when you complete them. You just have to do the 9 center tasks to get all the bonuses. You can do them separately. Found that out the hard way.

RurouniZel

Should have figured you had had the Japanese import. :)

I might have to wait a week or so to finally play this, but will be worth it. ^^

To be honest getting the import was kind of a surprise. I have a buddy in Japan who sent it to me for my birthday last year.

I returned the favor this year by sending him the LE of Tales of Symphonia HD Collection for his birthday this year. It's his favorite game. :)

Only managed to play an hour cause my PS3 was crapping up for most of the night.

I guess my only impression so far is that I really do like the English dub. No one sounds annoying and I rather like Logy's voice. It's stellar~

Also, nice to see multiple barrel lines too.

Barrel!
Looks like a barrel.
B-B-B-Barrel!

Busaiku

So are character events time limited?
Cause I only check them in between runs through the dungeons and stuff.
A lot of the 2nd task's stuff was pretty empty for the most part.

OceanBlue

So are character events time limited?
Cause I only check them in between runs through the dungeons and stuff.
A lot of the 2nd task's stuff was pretty empty for the most part.

I didn't see a lot of character events during the second task either. I spent quite a bit of time making bombs and stuff, so I don't think I missed any.

Jisgsaw

You can't make multiple bombs/healing items at the same time, no.
Which is pretty anoying for two sepcific assignments, but you'll see.

There is a workaround later in the game. I'll just say: make sure to make a lot of requests from Solle.

ohlawd

You can't make multiple bombs/healing items at the same time, no.
Which is pretty anoying for two sepcific assignments, but you'll see.

There is a workaround later in the game. I'll just say: make sure to make a lot of requests from Solle.
Got it. Thanks for the heads up.

Torillian

Neo Member
Just about finished with the Escha campaign and I'm curious if anyone has read anything concrete and specific about the differences between the two campaigns. I won't have time before I write my review to play through a large portion of the Logy campaign, I'll give it a few hours just to see any obvious changes and I wonder if anyone has been able to beat both campaigns and can go into detail on the differences.

Vylash

Just about finished with the Escha campaign and I'm curious if anyone has read anything concrete and specific about the differences between the two campaigns. I won't have time before I write my review to play through a large portion of the Logy campaign, I'll give it a few hours just to see any obvious changes and I wonder if anyone has been able to beat both campaigns and can go into detail on the differences.

It's mainly just events, certain events are specific to each character

Torillian

Neo Member
It's mainly just events, certain events are specific to each character

That's kind of what I figured, the PR was always that the Logy campaign was more focused on exploration than alchemy but I couldn't see how that could be possible without completely revamping the usual Atelier formula which seems ridiculous. It's obvious Logy has his own twist on things and many events end with Escha thinking to herself about what happened which I assume will be replaced with Logy, but by and large the general gameplay and flow of the campaign would be the same.

edit: also I forgot, but thank you very much for the help and the information ^^

omlet

So I knew this game was on the way but I am just now getting around to Ayesha this month so I wasn't planning to get this for a few more weeks at the earliest, so I didn't even know there were preorder bonuses... what did I miss out on? Didn't see anything in OP about it.

So I knew this game was on the way but I am just now getting around to Ayesha this month so I wasn't planning to get this for a few more weeks at the earliest, so I didn't even know there were preorder bonuses... what did I miss out on? Didn't see anything in OP about it.

Just three costumes (two for Escha) (one for Logy) that may or may not go up on PSN someday.

Logy's
Escha's

Escha's other one

Reading fail.

There was a special PSN theme for preordering it on PSN ways back. But no bonus costumes.

Jisgsaw

So, I'm slightly getting bored on the 9th assignment.
I finished everything I could do in like 50 days.
Only thing I'm missing is
the Elixir Source. I've been searching for it for like 100 days now, where the heck is this thing? Is it even doable in the first playthrough? Because the other assignment "use 60 different items in combat" is not doable in first playthrough, I'm still missing 5 objects (Escha's bombs I'd guess)

Vylash

It's recomended to fight the
Iron-Eating Dragon
on a NG+?

I beat the hell out of him on my first run, just don't fight him when they first give you the chance and use the item that Reyfer tells you to make and fight him later on when Duke says it's becoming a problem again (make sure you have up to date equipment at that point and it should be easy as pie)

sal0713

Neo Member
So i recieved my game from amazon today, and of course the game case was damaged looked like someone stepped on it. They went ahead and gave me a refund and i get to keep the game.

Jisgsaw

It's recomended to fight the
Iron-Eating Dragon
on a NG+?

Maybe not when you first meet him.
But on year 4, go for it, he's really really easy. The two bosses at the end of the world are far far harder.

So, finished Logy's side. I'm just missing Lucile's end I think, not so bad.
Only think I'm a bit sad about is I don't know when I'll find the time to do a second walkthrough to get the true end... Oh well.

Stuart444

Aww yeeeah. Perfect 1st report card! :3

I've gotten perfect on all but the one I mentioned earlier (report card 4 :p ).

I like to try and do all the main objections aka ones that unlock the bonuses at once meaning when I report to Marion, I get notices about unlocking/receiving x,y and z lol.

RurouniZel

I've gotten perfect on all but the one I mentioned earlier (report card 4 :p ).

I like to try and do all the main objections aka ones that unlock the bonuses at once meaning when I report to Marion, I get notices about unlocking/receiving x,y and z lol.

I as well! XD

I wanna get a Atelier game but I'm always put off by the time limits in them. I just wanna explore at my leisure. I'm guessing this has a time limit too?

RurouniZel

I wanna get a Atelier game but I'm always put off by the time limits in them. I just wanna explore at my leisure. I'm guessing this has a time limit too?

It does. Time management is one of the core engagements of the games.

I originally thought I wouldn't enjoy it waaaaaay back when I tried Atelier Rorona. Now it's practically my favorite feature. XD

The time limits in these games aren't really that strict. They aren't as constraining/stressful as you might think.

If you are really worried about the time limits, try checking out one of the PS2 games (Iris 1, Iris 2, Iris 3, Mana Khemia 1, Mana Khemia 2).

The time limit is less strict (or non existent), it's more like a jRPG with item synthesis thrown in and a decent place to be exposed to this series.

The main caveat, is that most Atelier games aren't like those.

Vylash

The time limits aren't that big of a deal once you get used to them, and this is coming from someone who despised them at first (there really needs to be an Atelier community thread)

The time limits in these games aren't really that strict. They aren't as constraining/stressful as you might think.

Well, that kinda depends what you're going for. The True Endings tend to be nightmarish to get on a first playthrough. Just getting a non-bad ending is usually pretty easy though.

Well, that kinda depends what you're going for. The True Endings tend to be nightmarish to get on a first playthrough. Just getting a non-bad ending is usually pretty easy though.

Nightmarish? That certainly wasn't the case for Ayesha. Totori's wasn't hard, it just required tedious grinding for money. Meruru's wasn't possible on a first playthrough at all.

Rarutos

I'd do an Atelier Community thread if I wasn't so lazy, people have been nagging me to for a while now. To be honest, I've always been afraid of someone doing one and it being Arland focused or something and forgetting about Mana-Khemia or not even mentioning the Salburg/Gramnad games or something.

Top Bottom