• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky |OT| Just Pretend it's Mana-Khemia 3

Durante

Bought the game on PSN today and have been playing a few hours, really enjoying it.
Taking a year off Atelier may not have been a bad decision, it's all the more fun now. I'm also surprised by the technical progress over even Meruru. The character models are even better (and more detailed), and the facial expressions/animation are greatly improved. The load times also seem much quicker (almost nonexistent really), but that might be due to it being the first atelier game I'm playing from HDD.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Dagnabbit! I think my alchemy level might be too high for Assignment 2.

I'm trying to create an Ice Bomb with Moderate Slow Down ability, but I can only create one with Large Slow Down ability.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu-!

Rarutos

Dagnabbit! I think my alchemy level might be too high for Assignment 2.

I'm trying to create an Ice Bomb with Moderate Slow Down ability, but I can only create one with Large Slow Down ability.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu-!

Showing off your importer skills, hmph.

Rarutos

I've tried that, but I end up with either no ability whatsoever, or the L version.

I'll go out and see if I can get even lower quality ingredients. XD

Well, if those suckier materials don't yield it, try the Division skill, you can add twice as much of the material you need and you might get just enough for it. It's easy to get Division if you have two water or wind elements.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Well, if those suckier materials don't yield it, try the Division skill, you can add twice as much of the material you need and you might get just enough for it. It's easy to get Division if you have two water or wind elements.

... That did the trick! Thank you! :D

Itsuki

I finished the game. Instead of trying to get Logy's good ending
and boys ending, I decided to see the character ending. I'm going to load my save before skiping days to see those endings and I'll try to get the good ending.
That gryphon boss is annoying. I tried everything and when his HP is 20~30%, he changes to a different elemental mode and wipes out my party.

Jisgsaw

Finished all tasks in the first term 55 days before the deadline.
/smug

That'll happen often, most of the tasks are pretty easy and straightforward.

I finished the game. Instead of trying to get Logy's good ending
and boys ending, I decided to see the character ending. I'm going to load my save before skiping days to see those endings and I'll try to get the good ending.
That gryphon boss is annoying. I tried everything and when his HP is 20~30%, he changes to a different elemental mode and wipes out my party.

What are the requirements for the good ending?
I'm struggling through NG+ to get the true ending, but the NG+ is kinda annoying IMO :/

Itsuki

Oh ok, so that's the one I got.
I really didn't find him that hard. Good bombs, swords, accessories and armor (with good traits above all) did it.

It could be that. I might try to make my weapons again and use good traits. Also if you use draw using Tauzent Blitz and Slag Figures it deals a lot of damage. So I'm going to make another Tauzent Blitz for when he changes to Blessing of Dusk.

Jisgsaw

It could be that. I might try to make my weapons again and use good traits. Also if you use draw using Tauzent Blitz and Slag Figures it deals a lot of damage. So I'm going to make another Tauzent Blitz for when he changes to Blessing of Dusk.

Yeah, Torent Blitz is OP. Carefull though, some traits are better when at 0 rather than 100 (Wind one if I remember correctly).
But I think I even got him with only one (not so good) torrent blitz, it was just longer than it should have been. A good Phoenix Bracelet on every one, a weapon (whichever) with 4-God Attack or Comet Attack, traits to increase Skill damage, a good Elixir (with Quantity+1 and +2 to have at least 7 uses), if possible with a 30 or 50% auto-effect, and you should do ok.

So excited to finally start this. Is it just me or does Escha sound a lot like Rorona? Except, you know, more competent. (not her voice actor, Rorona's voice actor was great, I mean Escha doesn't come across at all as a ditz, which is fantastic.)

Also, I'd be happy to help with a community thread! I can do graphics or write-ups our whatever, but sadly I'm one of those hurr gurr there's stuff before Arland? types, so maybe not the best candidate to create it. (Though again, I'd be happy to take a crack at it!)

Volcynika

I'm on term 3 and one of the tasks confuses me. It says imbue a cotton shirt with defense + 3, and I do that, but it doesn't count it. ?_?

Christhor

Aw, they changed
Harry's
voice actor from Ayesha. And I thought he had a perfect voice actor in that one :(

So excited to finally start this. Is it just me or does Escha sound a lot like Rorona? Except, you know, more competent. (not her voice actor, Rorona's voice actor was great, I mean Escha doesn't come across at all as a ditz, which is fantastic.)

At times she reminds me of Rorona, others of Totori. Both of which were great. Escha definitely has the best voice acting of an Atelier (female) protag since Totori. It's really great.

ohlawd

Escha is so cute I think it's criminal. Maybe it's the pigtails. Throw in the really good VA and she's like the best Atelier girl ever.

Christhor

Escha is so cute I think it's criminal. Maybe it's the pigtails. Throw in the really good VA and she's like the best Atelier girl ever.

I find it really cute how when she enters the battle she looks super cheerful, then when you select attacks it looks as if she's trying super hard to look serious. I don't really play these games for the cute girl factor, but Escha is just too much not to love her.

Man, I made Guryun Blitz and Omega Craft and suddenly I'm decimating enemies left and right. :x

I also did not expect to suddenly fight a R.Fang Titan after choosing Strong Foe. Man, a crazy recolored boss from Ayesha. D:

Not crazy about the tail, but she's cute as a button otherwise that's for sure.

Oh, and my copy did wind up arriving yesterday :D

ehvCQyy.jpg

Also was the last post of the other page, but if anyone else has an Enchanted Witch Escha to give/trade I'd be very happy. :D

Haha I wasn't too hot on it either at first, but it grew on me. Mostly because of how it moves with how she reacts to stuff.

Hmm. Yeah, that's certainly possible! I just started Escha's story line and yeah, she's adorable.

What language audio is everyone using? I wanted to check out English, but I may switch to Japanese.

Vylash

I'm playing in English, I usually only resort to Japanese if the dub is atrocious, or if barely any lines are voiced

Durante

I like all the small gameplay improvements they made in this (compared to Meruru). I thought Meruru was already really polished, but stuff like
- automatically picking up everything as long as you have basket space
- all gathered items of the same type being equal, thus not forcing you to spend a long time deciding what to throw away if required
- auto-replenishing usable items
really makes the gameplay flow much better than earlier entries.

Also, the larger new features, particularly field events and alchemy skills, make exploration and alchemy more interesting processes by giving you a lot more choice about what to do or focus on. Really well designed.

What language audio is everyone using? I wanted to check out English, but I may switch to Japanese.
Japanese. I always play games with their original audio language when possible.

Itsuki

gryphon boss was the last boss you beat and you got the good ending? Did you not beat the boss after that one?

Sorry, I forgot that one. You have to defeat the Gryphon boss and the other boss that comes after him to get the good ending.

ohlawd

Sorry, I forgot that one. You have to defeat the Gryphon boss and the other boss that comes after him to get the good ending.
ah ok. I think I can beat the last boss right now as I have good traits on my weapons and I can easily redo my bombs to make them stronger. I assume that after you beat her, you'll have free time until your day count reaches zero? Or will the game end there?

Jisgsaw

ah ok. I think I can beat the last boss right now as I have good traits on my weapons and I can easily redo my bombs to make them stronger. I assume that after you beat her, you'll have free time until your day count reaches zero? Or will the game end there?

Yeah, you'll have free time, and semi-optional bosses that pop up (two of which are quite hard).
I had like 300 days free time. If you manage to complete all of the assignments, I'd have two questions, 'cause I didn't.

ohlawd

Yeah, you'll have free time, and semi-optional bosses that pop up (two of which are quite hard).
I had like 300 days free time. If you manage to complete all of the assignments, I'd have two questions, 'cause I didn't.
mmk. I fought those End of the World bosses and got my ass handed to me.

I can't complete all the assignments as I missed the Elixir Base from the floating ruins. I'm sitting on 59 tools. If the item from Lucille's events counts then I can do that task.

I'm only lvl 53-ish but if one of the tasks require me to get to lvl 99 then I might not make it. I still have to farm traits for my armor, accessories, and items and iunno how long that will take. Strange how I have 240 days left and I feel I have no time >_>

Last question, sorry, but what is the task on the bottom right corner of the last report card? It hasn't unlocked for me.

Jisgsaw

mmk. I fought those End of the World bosses and got my ass handed to me.

I can't complete all the assignments as I missed the Elixir Base from the floating ruins. I'm sitting on 59 tools. If the item from Lucille's events counts then I can do that task.

I'm only lvl 53-ish but if one of the tasks require me to get to lvl 99 then I might not make it. I still have to farm traits for my armor, accessories, and items and iunno how long that will take. Strange how I have 240 days left and I feel I have no time >_>

Last question, sorry, but what is the task on the bottom right corner of the last report card? It hasn't unlocked for me.

Yep, you'll have to beat those end of the world bosses.

Yeah, that "use 60 different items" assignment is on of the two I didn't manage. So Lucille Events give Items? I was stuck at 56 by attack+healing items...
I think you can retake old assignments you didn't complete by talking to Marion.

Lvl99 is only for the trophy I think.

You'll have to see a couple Events at the tavern, then it'll unlock. Pretty easy boss if you beat those two at the end of the world.

ohlawd

Yep, you'll have to beat those end of the world bosses.

Yeah, that "use 60 different items" assignment is on of the two I didn't manage. So Lucille Events give Items? I was stuck at 56 by attack+healing items...
I think you can retake old assignments you didn't complete by talking to Marion.

Lvl99 is only for the trophy I think.

You'll have to see a couple Events at the tavern, then it'll unlock. Pretty easy boss if you beat those two at the end of the world.
I think that Lucille's item counts. I don't have it yet so I'll report back if it counts.

Oh I see. The metal eating dragon. The task still doesn't show for me but I can fight it

Haha I wasn't too hot on it either at first, but it grew on me. Mostly because of how it moves with how she reacts to stuff.

It's just as amusing as with Logy's Butler outfit, he gains a tail that moves with how he reacts to stuff.

So basically I got two reacting tails in my cutscenes now.

Volcynika

When do I get to make the Buoyant Gas or whatever? I'm in September of Year 2 and haven't seen one of the main ingredients yet. I guess I just have to wait.

EDIT: Nvm I know now.

I have a few more assignments to finish in term 5, oy! Some interesting synth ones.

Top Bottom