• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky |OT| Just Pretend it's Mana-Khemia 3

Coxy

anyone know which battle musics Logy gets and which Escha gets? There's a couple like Fulcrum and Updraft I really like

Rarutos

I emailed Amazon yesterday about the preorder bonus, since it hasn't shown up on the product page yet and they said...

Hello,

I completely understand your concern if there is a pre-order bonus for this item.

We've checked with our Marketing Team and verified that we are not offering a pre-order bonus for Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky - PlayStation 3 as of this moment.

I apologize if this wasn't clear when you placed your order for the item.

I'm sorry I don't have better news. We hope to see you again soon.

And now I'm all worried! I tweeted and emailed Tecmo-Koei America about it and if I don't get a response, I might switch to Gamestop. Especially if we don't know if they're selling these later. :(

I emailed Amazon yesterday about the preorder bonus, since it hasn't shown up on the product page yet and they said...

And now I'm all worried! I tweeted and emailed Tecmo-Koei America about it and if I don't get a response, I might switch to Gamestop. Especially if we don't know if they're selling these later. :(

well I guess I should get off my lazy butt and preorder from Gamestop already.

Not like I wanted their preorder outfits more anyway!

Rarutos

I been lazy in ordering stuff.

I still haven't gotten around to preordering the Demon Gaze LE yet!

I preordered that already, as well as a few other games that I shouldn't have.

Anywho, I replied to Amazon's email and said that TK was advertising Amazon as having a preorder bonus and such and they said:

Hello,

We appreciate the time you have taken to bring this to our attention. I understand your point in this case.

Please be assured that I've already reached out the appropriate team so this will be accounted for, and corrective action will be taken.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We look forward to seeing you again soon
Hope it does get corrected because I don't think you can get the Witch costume anywhere else. :(

Jisgsaw

It's the same game. I know a couple of people who have beaten the game, according to them the only difference is the perspective of certain scenes and some endings change a bit. Outside of that it's really just the same thing.

Oh, and if you play as Logy you get better battle music.

Wait, so there's no limitation on alchemy if you play Logy?
Logy it is then.

A local retailer in my country already sold a EU copy of Escha&Logy.
Is it already out in Euro? I want to bite, but I even have started Totori+ and it's a EU copy.

Officially, it comes out on friday over here.
But I'd imagine some stores are already selling it, or will begin doing so tomorrow.

Jisgsaw

This is one of those times I wish I lived in PAL Land.

atlus.jpg

Don't wish for that, seriously.

The people at my GameStop are pretty cool, if I pre-order something else they can just manually give me the Escha and Logy bonus then and there.

Bummer about the Amazon bonus, I wonder how the hell NA is gonna get that now as these usually aren't on PSN

So about the GoHastings order. My credit card was recently replaced and apparently there's no way to update your credit card information even if you call them =/

When I spoke with them on the phone, they definitely realized it was a pricing error. They're not sure if everyone's orders are going to be cancelled or not, however I'm screwed if they are honored as it's linked to an old card of mine now.

If this still goes through and If any GAFer on here ordered an extra one, I'd gladly pay cost and shipping and I might even be able to get you the pre-order bonus from GS as well. Would appreciate it, lemme know :)

Amon37

After ayesha I don't know if I can play this. With the time limit I always felt rushed and felt like I had to use walkthrough to make sure I was doing everything at the correct time so I wasn't missing bazaars and contests.

Well I wasn't gonna get any games this month but the more I eye this game the more I want it. Had some credit left on Amazon so I just preordered it.

Game is dual audio ? cool

Gonna play it then ...
March is sure a difficult month for my wallet.

I guess a summary of the events of ayesha will do since i never bothered with that one.

I never got far in Mana Khemia 2. But I love Mana Khemia 1. I'm partially tempted to get this now. But maybe I should play the Arland trilogy and Ayesha first

Itsuki

My copy arrived today:
tLOCns7.jpg

Just like Ayesha, the trophies of the game are in japanese.
By the way, is someone from Europe interested in the Enchanted Witch costume?. I don't want the costume and I prefer giving the DLC code to someone that it's interested.

Christhor

My copy arrived today:
tLOCns7.jpg

By the way, is someone from Europe interested in the Enchanted Witch costume?. I don't want the costume and I prefer giving the DLC code to someone that it's interested.

I believe if you change your system language to English it should change. At least that's what happened to me with Ayesha.

Also, I'd love the code, if you haven't given it away already. Congratulations on getting the game early.

kirby2096

My copy arrived today:
tLOCns7.jpg

May I take it?

Itsuki

EU gets all 3 costumes whaaaaaaa

No, each store has a costume DLC as I see in the official page of the game. Here in Spain the only store that gave you a costume DLC is you pre-order the game is GAME. And I don't know how but a spanish online store called Xtralife gives you the costumes if you buy the game (even when the game is released, they usualy give you the DLC when you buy the game). So I decided to cancel my pre-order in GAME and buy the game on that store.

ohlawd

No, each store has a costume DLC as I see in the official page of the game. Here in Spain the only store that gave you a costume DLC is you pre-order the game is GAME. And I don't know how but a spanish online store called Xtralife gives you the costumes if you buy the game (even when the game is released, they usualy give you the DLC when you buy the game). So I decided to cancel my pre-order in GAME and buy the game on that store.
That's cool. I'd never use the witch costume but it's nice to have all of them.

Fangrim

I love JRPGs, and I got Platinum on Ayesha.

Funny thing is, I never really got into the game's characters or story, but it was a refreshing new world for me to explore.

I then bought the Rorona trilogy, and had to stop playing the first one after 10 or so hours.

Suddenly I realized: It. was. SO. boring!

Game mechanics, (especially the obnoxious quest system), and a boring story with no depth whatsoever really gave me a bad experience. I then realized that Ayesha sucked too - if you weren't at spot X at time Y, you'd miss an event - I hate that in games. Also, I hate time limits.

Didn't even bother unpacking the other two games, just threw them in the trash.

I am annoyed that I don't like the Atelier games, because I ought to - but they just don't appeal to me, which I regret.

If this game is anything like the other Atelier games, I'm not touching it.

Vylash

Funny thing is, I never really got into the game's characters or story, but it was a refreshing new world for me to explore.

I then bought the Rorona trilogy, and had to stop playing the first one after 10 or so hours.

Game mechanics, (especially the obnoxious quest system), and a boring story with no depth whatsoever really gave me a bad experience. I then realized that Ayesha sucked too - if you weren't at spot X at time Y, you'd miss an event - I hate that in games. Also, I hate time limits.

I am annoyed that I don't like the Atelier games, because I ought to - but they just don't appeal to me, which I regret.

You've essentially played the worst games in the Arland and Dusk trilogies,play Totori/Meruru and Escha

Ayesha > Totori > Rorona

I haven't really gotten deep enough in Meruru to judge it.

Rorona might change if I ever get to play Shin Rorona. (plz K-T)

Don't get me started on the PS2 games.

Fangrim

You've essentially played the worst games in the Arland and Dusk trilogies,play Totori/Meruru and Escha

Awwwwwww!

I threw out Totori and Meruru without even opening them, as I thought they were just more of the same :/

I had to import them from the US, as I couldn't find them in Europe.

"Edit" to above post of mine:
I got platinum on Ayesha, and then bought Rorona, Totori and Meruru,

Rorona was a lot like Ayesha to me, except it felt so ummm.... bland (?) - looking for the right word here.

Ayesha was OK, but I hated that I had to follow a FAQ by the letter to get my platinum (I'm a Trophy Whore btw ;o) Somehow I kinda liked it, and hopes for similar experiences with Rorona, Totori and Meruru, but Rorona simply killed my interest in the franchise.

I think that Rorona made me dislike Ayesha too, even though I didn't feel like that while playing Ayesha.

It's hard for me to explain - I hope I make a bit of sense ;o)

Scher

Having to be at spot X by time Y only really applies to Rorona and the treasure contests in Ayesha. All of the other games are very lenient about when events will occur and you can easily do whatever without worrying that you'll run out of time. There's a reason the FAQs for Totori onwards have large amounts of time set aside for absolutely nothing.

Rorona was a lot like Ayesha to me, except it felt so ummm.... bland (?) - looking for the right word here.

Ayesha was OK, but I hated that I had to follow a FAQ by the letter to get my platinum (I'm a Trophy Whore btw ;o) Somehow I kinda liked it, and hopes for similar experiences with Rorona, Totori and Meruru, but Rorona simply killed my interest in the franchise.

Rorona is easily the worst of the series and has the strictest time limit. There's barely any free time in that game to do anything. Totori, on the other hand, greatly improves on this. I probably had around 2 years of nothing to do when I had fulfilled all the ending requirements.

ohlawd

I might even say Rorona > Ayesha just for the former's not ass alchemy system.

But Ayesha has the Linca factor.

Top Bottom