• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickz

Bert asks Ymir if she remembers who she ate before turning human. she says she doesnt. sorry. must have been your friend.
Bert says it's okay. He says he doesnt remember who they ate, and it seems like eren doesnt either.

im paraphrasing but im pretty sure this is how it went? or did i just f up the interpretation of that scene while i was eating pizza?

Going back to check it you maybe right on this one, just weird he would ask Eren considering he would not known him back then. Also Eren being in their crew would answer why they want him now.

This was in the first season:

kRxLNW8.png

dickroach

yeah. that was in a flashback dream Eren had, and when he woke up from he all-of-a-sudden had that key around his neck. or at least noticed (for the first time) he had it.

I can't wait till they get to that basement in 15 years

Kayhan

So.....the Titans are created after an injection and can only revert back to human if they successfully eat a human?

Soylent Titan.

Brakke

Banned
Also why did Reiner think Bert could hook up with Annie back at hometown. Do they not know she's crystallized underground?

So.....the Titans are created after an injection and can only revert back to human if they successfully eat a human?

Soylent Titan.

Not just human but apparently if they eat other shifters. Lots of titans ate humans and didn't change at all. I assume R&B's buddy was a shifter, too, but then why didn't he change to Titan form? Maybe the reason mindless Titans eat people is because they have some residual instinct to try and eat a shifter?

Poor that one guy who vored Eden but didn't get to turn back into a person before Eren clawed his way out.

Soylent Titan.
There's probably something else to it since we've seen titans eat humans with no effect for a while now. But if they're really linked then it explains why they have an innate desire to devour humans.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Also why did Reiner think Bert could hook up with Annie back at hometown. Do they not know she's crystallized underground?
Not sure, everything this season seems to have happened pretty quickly following the fight with Annie last season. Don't think any of them has filled them on what happened to Annie.

Or maybe the crystallization process isn't permanent and they can get her out somehow.

Jellie

Not sure, everything this season seems to have happened pretty quickly following the fight with Annie last season. Don't think any of them has filled them on what happened to Annie.

Or maybe the crystallization process isn't permanent and they can get her out somehow.

It's been like one day since the end of the Annie fight I believe so no time for them to find out.

dickroach

Based on what we now know/think, I think that's likely.

at the beginning of the first episode, Eren's dad says he'll talk to Eren later about secrets in the basement and then goes off on a business trip, and we never see him again.

so Eren's dad would have had to inject him w the titan juice sometime between the first attack and the second attack? I dunno. I wanna go back and watch the episode where Eren has that flashback and gets that key now

edit: nvm
Eren says "After mom died you lost it" in the flashback
http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan/episode-2-that-day-the-fall-of-zhiganshina-2-623253 14:08 is when the scene starts

Kickz

Soylent Titan.

Well shit that would explain alot..

But there's gotta be a Titan who has eaten more than one human at a time..

Tuck

at the beginning of the first episode, Eren's dad says he'll talk to Eren later about secrets in the basement and then goes off on a business trip, and we never see him again.

so Eren's dad would have had to inject him w the titan juice sometime between the first attack and the second attack? I dunno. I wanna go back and watch the episode where Eren has that flashback and gets that key now

His dad injected him after the first wall falls, Eren just doesn't remember it. If you go back and watch those episodes, Eren says something like: "You've been acting weird since mom died!" and his dad mentions something about the injection obscuring his memories.

Based on how Eren appears in those flashbacks, it seems like that happened long before he became a soldier - if I had to guess, not super long after the first wall fell.

EDIT: Ah I see you went back and watched that scene.

His dad injected him after the first wall falls, Eren just doesn't remember it. If you go back and watch those episodes, Eren says something like: "You've been acting weird since mom died!" and his dad mentions something about the injection obscuring his memories.

Based on how Eren appears in those flashbacks, it seems like that happened long before he became a soldier - if I had to guess, not super long after the first wall fell.

EDIT: Ah I see you went back and watched that scene.

From what I understand, Eren hasn't seen his dad since he had those weird injection flashbacks.

Correct me if im wrong anyone?

I'm actually more curious to learn more backstory next episode than i am to see if they catch up with Reiner and his family lol

I tire of this.

Manga folk, go here to talk about the manga. That thread is spoiler-heavy and folks are better equipped to deal with them potentially causing more issues.

Don't talk about manga spoilers here. This is a show thread.

Show people, calm down. If you have a problem, report the specific posts. You ire at potential spoilers is not welcome and is still bannable on its own.

dickroach

I tire of this.

Manga folk, go here to talk about the manga. That thread is spoiler-heavy and folks are better equipped to deal with them potentially causing more issues.

Don't talk about manga spoilers here. This is a show thread.

Show people, calm down. If you have a problem, report the specific posts. You ire at potential spoilers is not welcome and is still bannable on its own.

I went on Amazon last night to look at AoT figures and I got spoiler'd by one of the character's names.... can you ban Amazon?

LordOfChaos

Also the tidbit with Eren is interesting, is Reiner saying here that Eren is actually a "warrior" like them and just forgot his memories?

I don't think, this is in context of him asking if Ymir remembered eating their pal, the answer is none of them really remember what they do in Titan form, even if they can relatively stick to an objective.

Eren doesn't remember trying to kill Mikasa in season 1, remember

D

Deleted member 607798

Unconfirmed Member
Really confused. So the people turn into titans by injection and they just get thrown off the walls? How come nobody has noticed this unless titans are coming from other places.

kirblar

No, this is in context of him asking if Ymir remembered eating their pal, the answer is none of them really remember what they do in Titan form, even if they can relatively stick to an objective.

Eren doesn't remember trying to kill Mikasa in season 1, remember
I think it's more that your first few times transforming are like infant memories/behavior till you get a firmer grasp of control? Otherwise Bertholdt snacking down the 3DMG and then using it, and pretty much of all of the stuff Annie did w/ shifting in/out in the forest wouldn't make much sense.

LordOfChaos

I think it's more that your first few times transforming are like infant memories/behavior till you get a firmer grasp of control? Otherwise Bertholdt snacking down the 3DMG and then using it, and pretty much of all of the stuff Annie did w/ shifting in/out in the forest wouldn't make much sense.

Oh, probably. Point being though I don't think it was in the context of Eren being as old as Ymir, right?

Really confused. So the people turn into titans by injection and they just get thrown off the walls? How come nobody has noticed this unless titans are coming from other places.

The village was outside of the civilization we've seen so far, the Titans they release on the world are the inner wall peoples problems.

From what Ymir said to Bert, that happened 60 years ago.
It was probably somewhere else but it could be at one of the walls that we're familiar with.
Does anyone have a picture of the landscape in that scene? I don't remember it very well

EDIT: from the pictures above, it seems like the place where that happened was sandy? I don't think I've seen sand in any of the episodes of AoT

Tuck

From what Ymir said to Bert, that happened 60 years ago.
It was probably somewhere else but it could be at one of the walls that we're familiar with.
Does anyone have a picture of the landscape in that scene? I don't remember it very well

EDIT: from the pictures above, it seems like the place where that happened was sandy? I don't think I've seen sand in any of the episodes of AoT

IIRC there was a desert area shown in one of the OVAs, but I agree this instance was likely outside the walls.

From what I understand, Eren hasn't seen his dad since he had those weird injection flashbacks.

Correct me if im wrong anyone?

I'm actually more curious to learn more backstory next episode than i am to see if they catch up with Reiner and his family lol

*To be clear, none of the following is a spoiler, merely speculation based on what we have seen thus far - but you probably should not read it until you have watched the latest episode. I do not read the manga.*

yeah the dad's whereabouts are unknown. Based on what we see in this episode (people appear to be injected to turn into titans and to turn back to human the titans might need to eat a certain type of human), my money is on Eren having eaten him right after that flashback takes place, and thats why he can transform.

LordOfChaos

Got to thinking...Turning people into titans seems like an extreme incurred risk, just to punish people. It would only make sense in one way, if it's in the context of using the Titans to turn back an external, even greater threat...

Got to thinking...Turning people into titans seems like an extreme incurred risk, just to punish people. It would only make sense in one way, if it's in the context of using the Titans to turn back an external, even greater threat...

Dinosaurs. You'll never see them coming. One second you're taking a shit and the next Godzilla is burning your city down and Mothra is doing w.e the fuck Mothra does.

IIRC there was a desert area shown in one of the OVAs, but I agree this instance was likely outside the walls.

*To be clear, none of the following is a spoiler, merely speculation based on what we have seen thus far. I do not read the manga.*

yeah the dad's whereabouts are unknown. Based on what we see in this episode (people appear to be injected to turn into titans and to turn back to human the titans might need to eat a certain type of human), my money is on Eren having eaten him right after that flashback takes place, and thats why he can transform.
It's a pretty macabre idea that Eren might have potentially killed his own father and can't remember lol
That seems like the big question here.
Why turn them and not just kill them? And if this is another society somewhere, are they still doing that to this day? That was 60 years ago.

I feel like if they can turned them into titans, why not turn them into titans they can control?

Lautaro

I have enjoyed this season a lot more than the first one. Less shounen and more mystery and speculation is way better.

I want to see more of Ymir's hometown, that place looks crazy.

I imagine they turn back when they eat a human with the "right blood", that's what cured Ymir and that's why other Titans just stay the same.

dickroach

manga spoilers are the worst. but i cant for a second forget............
DO NOT LOOK AT AOT FIGURES ONLINE. YOU WILL GET SHIT SPOILED
don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't or else you will read the name
and i dunno wtf it means, but its spoilers

SRG01

Are we sure he really couldn't read it?

He has a split personality so maybe he forgot how to read it.

I could see that. maybe if he was warrior Reiner he woulda been like "oh ya, herring."
or maybe not
the only point of that scene was to foreshadow Ymir changing.
maybe he was playing dumb and thinking "wait a damn second, you shouldn't know what this is," before realizing it, but before he could saying anything the titans all started attacking the tower

Oh... oh shit. That explains a lot then. Yeah, it would either be that a) his split personality couldn't read it or b) he was playing along then realizing who/what Ymir was.

dickroach

Oh... oh shit. That explains a lot then. Yeah, it would either be that a) his split personality couldn't read it or b) he was playing along then realizing who/what Ymir was.

I dunno I thought he was just getting kind of delusional. i dunno if he actually has split personalities. but it's possible

he had a line about"we havent eaten or slept in a few days". there was no break since the tower incident where Ymir did her thing

Erigu

don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't or else you will read the name
*removed*
Now why the fuck would you even do that.

HardRojo

*stupid spoiler*
and i dunno wtf it means, but its spoilers
I don't know why you'd do that knowing full well it is not allowed, and while I'm not really bothered by the spoiler (it's a freaking big one), I'll simply let everyone know NOT TO CLICK IT.

Erigu

I'd go with b).
Also, consider that they were talking about herrings. How would somebody from inside the walls even know what those are?

I wanted a Hanji figure (which there is one, and it's awesome. but it's like 300)
edit: oh i fucked up the spoiler but i corrected it immediately. i really hope no one saw it
What I meant was: why would you even post that spoiler at all? Spoiler tags or not. Come on, man.

HardRojo

I seriously thought he was going to put something clever like "couldn't resist huh?" in spoilers, but no, he went and put the actual spoiler in there... so much for not clicking unsafe spoilers for a couple of weeks.
On the bright side, at least that's one mystery gone.

dickroach

yall are acting like I tried to spoil a thing
I searched AoT things on google and got spoiled. I'm trying to avoid other people seeing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom