• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

Attack on Titan 89

C04WfjwUsAILgz9.jpg

What the fuck happened to Mikasa's amazonian physique? This is bullshit.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What the fuck does that last page even MEAN? What are you doing Isayama you madman!

It seems to me we have a couple options here, and they would all tie into the memories of the first King stuff.

1. Shared memories across time/space, ala a morphogenetic field.
2. Drawing memories from a collective unconscious
3. A gestalt-like scenario where the humans we have here are not true humans, but copies of the true humans because they could not escape the titan virus or something
4. Time travel bullshit
5. Reincarnation

duckroll

Caught up on the last couple of chapters. WTF. Loop confirmed? Is this going to be like Lost? Is there a point in the future where Eren is going to use the power of the coordinate to try and "travel" through the paths only to be stuck in the past to give his own father the mission?!

Erigu

Caught up on the last couple of chapters. WTF. Loop confirmed? Is this going to be like Lost? Is there a point in the future where Eren is going to use the power of the coordinate to try and "travel" through the paths only to be stuck in the past to give his own father the mission?!
That line about Mikasa and Armin was the exact same one Grisha delivered when he gave Eren the injection, so I'm thinking that was "just" Kruger briefly "synchronizing" with future Grisha (because of the similar circumstances?).

duckroll

That line about Mikasa and Armin was the exact same one Grisha delivered when he gave Eren the injection, so I'm thinking that was "just" Kruger briefly "synchronizing" with future Grisha (because of the similar circumstances?).

Right, but that would mean that when someone in the future (or present) is connected into the "system" via the coordinate, and accesses all the paths at once, that includes directly accessing the past as well. A system connected beyond time and space (we already know for a fact it is connected beyond space).

Which leads me to wonder. If the first chapter is "To You, 2000 Years From Now"... are all of Eren's memories meant to be a message to the future, and if someone accessing them in the future can influence the past, instead of "time travel" could this mean Eren learns to access this two way feedback to "see the future" once he understands this?

Eusis

Ymir also gained the original Titan powers nearly 2000 years in the past, so it could be a link between her and Eren. Which way is another matter altogether.

ElFly

I am going to assume it is some genetic memory thing, probably with the ability to foresee some events

the least bad option

You are focusing in the wrong part.

Eren being a chuunin and Hange trying to understand it was amazing.

Man, reading the latest posts in this thread is a damn trip. I was keeping up with the manga up until early last year, I think (whenever the lightning spears were introduced). Sounds like, uh, quite a bit has happened since then.

Burbeting

Banned
Pretty good chapter. I hope they start to get over the flashback-exposition soon, it's starting to hurt the pacing soon.

Time Loop can work, or it might not. Depends on how it's written.

Maybe the memories would be like interestellar with someone on the future (future eren/mikasa) leaving bread crumps in different time lapses

WTF... I'm totally Lost with this new chapter. Also I'm surprised that only are 9 persons left on the survey squad, 9 lives with 9 stories to developt before their deaths.

That wasn't a pun

Hypron

I'm really interested to see what's going to happen now.

The characters seeing
the ocean after so many years was pretty cool too

cLOUDo

I like this new character
notGiveAShit.gif

Also.. they
made it to the ocean so fast with only 9 people?
After all their problems?
Kinda rushed

Burbeting

Banned
The time skip felt little jarring, but I'll take it instead of the snails pace this mangas usually runs on.

Final Arc starting? I assume it's one arc left, two if they want to deal with Annie and the wall titans.

I like this new character
notGiveAShit.gif

Also.. they
made it to the ocean so fast with only 9 people?
After all their problems?
Kinda rushed

This chapter took place 1 year after last month's chapter. It wasn't fast at all.

Unless you're more complaining about the pacing. Which is fair I guess.

jokkir

They going to start the war but when they reach the other side with Marley's (or whatever the name was), it'll be totally destroyed because of some off panel war. That's why we haven't seen them (Zeke and whatever) in a while and also why the Marley didn't attack in a while. They were just trying to regain land because Paradise is the last remaining stronghold the Marley's sort of control.

That's also why the soldiers teamed with Marley's seem to be so passionate about what they do.

Calling it now.

cLOUDo

This chapter took place 1 year after last month's chapter. It wasn't fast at all.

Unless you're more complaining about the pacing. Which is fair I guess.

yeah, the pacing was kinda rough, they should have used a few panels to explain that
or at least show a few titans defeated in the ground
but i thread lightly here

New chapter is out but, the scans are rough and translations are garbage.

Guess now we know why Marley hasn't sent anymore Titans. They've been locked in a bitter war against a place called The Eastern Union.

I always forget to reread the chapter once the good translations come out.

Also, it's important to note that the war vs the Eastern Union takes place after The wall infiltration mission. There's been another time skip.

I like how bold is the series in not limiting itself by the initial setup of the story, where it was just some guys sieged by zombie-like giant monsters. We have a much bigger, complex and rich setting now and even technology is advancing, making the big enemy, the Titans, slightly obsolete.

In fact it's ironic how the entire reason of the main story (the infiltration of the shifting titans, as that was the starting point) was really because in the setting they are predicting they won't be as powerful in the future, with things like cannons and tanks, so they want to invade for oil.

Dekutulla

ah yes, I also remember when there was a crack team of super-jews working for the nazis to beat other nazis.

"permission to remove my armband" like, what. what

robox

unless there's a translation lapse, kinda weird how annie's power is just "female" titan, vs colossal, beast, armour, original, etc..

Erigu

unless there's a translation lapse, kinda weird how annie's power is just "female" titan, vs colossal, beast, armour, original, etc..
Overall it's kinda weird how the actual names of the titans just turned out to be the nicknames the people inside the walls came up with.

eh. it's the only Titan with a feminine form, so it's not that weird.

maybe when she returns she'll reveal a unique ability to set it apart from the others.

robox

Overall it's kinda weird how the actual names of the titans just turned out to be the nicknames the people inside the walls came up with.

Good point. To the reader the names are sensible and obvious. But for the two factions with limited interaction, sharing the same names isn't that plausible.

The chapter has gabi, who I assume is female, talk about inheriting the armour titan powers. Would a dude get female titan powers?

this chapter expands the world and raises so many questions about the new world order

ElFly

maybe bert and ernie went inside the walls and started calling the titans as such

hey man did you check that colossal titan? sooo cooool I mean so evil!!!

Don't want to bring this up in the anime thread, but realistically, how far is the anime going in 12 episodes?

They'll get to the Reiner and Bertholdt reveal, and the fight after, and then...that's it?

Also I don't remember shit about dinosaurs in the manga, that part of the OP was so weird.

Top Bottom