• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collete

My feeling is that the people with guesses and theories, and to whom everything in the story is so very obvious are manga readers trying look smart.

gonna avoid all spoilers now, even they are just "speculations."

Yeah...Think I'll just avoid the spoilers as well...I ruined the series for myself as is by highlighting stuff in this thread.

DarkKyo

17 was good. Really good.

I didn't expect the female titan to be so... uh... jiggly.

I think I know where Pixis is coming from now.

Jiggly? She looks hard as a rock lol

and Pixis isn't the first guy to ever be a macrophile, though it's a bit odd in that world...

Zabka

And yet I'm the one who hasn't and still get called out by manga readers who basically tried to spoil everything in an effort to annoy me. At what point does speculation turn into "Everyone is a troll" lets just ban all speculation and assume they're here to spoil? I mean I wasn't trying to spoil, or even confirm anything. I liked to speculate, I didn't catch up to SnK till a few months ago and nobody around to talk about it.
When you posted this you might as well have changed your profile picture to a giant target
All i want to do is be allowed to pretend to be a first timer.

Erigu

And yet I'm the one who hasn't and still get called out by manga readers who basically tried to spoil everything in an effort to annoy me.
Wat. That doesn't even make sense.

[not that there are direct spoilers, but I think the less anime watchers will see of this discussion, the better off they will be...]
You're a manga reader. Your "speculation" wasn't speculation because you knew what was up.
When you were saying "hey, did you guys notice that? huh! how weird!", you were posting spoilers. And trying to make it look like they weren't spoilers but merely speculation. Extra nice of you, really.

I didn't like it already when you were posting speculation and trying to pass it off as actual spoilers (the fake Japanese was a nice touch, too), but the other way around? Congrats, that's even worse!

Dresden

And yet I'm the one who hasn't and still get called out by manga readers who basically tried to spoil everything in an effort to annoy me. At what point does speculation turn into "Everyone is a troll" lets just ban all speculation and assume they're here to spoil? I mean I wasn't trying to spoil, or even confirm anything. I liked to speculate, I didn't catch up to SnK till a few months ago and nobody around to talk about it.

But you're not speculating, you're giving people hints that they don't want. You've read the manga, there's appropriate threads for that. Please stop with this aggrieved woe-is-me bullshit.

Then what were you doing in the manga thread, quoting a massive spoiler no less ;D

Are you talking about the YouTube video I posted that said the whole plot was leaked? Because I watched an episode clip from like episode 2 and that came up on the side.

I posted it in the spoiler thread and immediately bolted out...I don't even know how relevant it was because I didn't watch it and didn't hang around the thread for any replies.

KemoSabe

Great anime.
I watched three episodes last night and they are awesome.
Totally my kind of story.
Will definitely watch the rest

LogicStep

So once the 24-26? episodes are over with chances are there will be a second season? I might have to go into the manga after the first season. :(

So once the 24-26? episodes are over with chances are there will be a second season? I might have to go into the manga after the first season. :(
Show seeeeeeeeeeems crazy popular, at least in the amount of parody videos.

I'd that would definitely be the time to go nuts on the manga.

Erigu

It looks like the first TV series will cover a bit less than 8 volumes.
The manga currently is at volume 12 (in serialization).
If the author keeps the current pace, volume 16 should be released in April 2015 or so.

Of course, they might try and make a shorter second series before that...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Ill tell you this its not like the manga is so far ahead that you would need to go reading into it. We dont even know how the show will currently end, so until then its going to be hard to say which way to go really.

There are currently 10 mangas out and the show itself is around the 6th book. 11th book comes out on the 9th of this month I do believe.

Btw to all of those who are curious about this sort of data but have not read the mangas, dont go looking up info as even the small quips from the subchapters within the mangas will ruin things for you folks. I repeat DO NOT go looking up information. Am not going to hide the fact that I own the mangas and have read all of the current stuff, but at the same time I dont want anything to be spoiled for those who are enjoying the series for the first time.

A season 2 will definitely come. Once this season is over I'm jumping into the manga. No way am I waiting.......I'm sure a lot of people will do the same.

DarkKyo

A season 2 will definitely come. Once this season is over I'm jumping into the manga. No way am I waiting.......I'm sure a lot of people will do the same.

I just had to switch to the manga after the most recent episode(had to know what happens next, caught up to where the manga presently is) and I like the manga a whole lot. If anything it just gets me pumped for some great upcoming fights to be animated.

Kiryu

My feeling is that the people with guesses and theories, and to whom everything in the story is so very obvious are manga readers trying look smart.

gonna avoid all spoilers now, even they are just "speculations."
I do agree with that. I don't read SnK manga and my speculation is just guess to figure out what happens. I mean that episode 17 gave out a lot of details to make a speculation. (Who is the female titan and Why Reiner is not being crushed)

Only person I think that I am just suspicious of Tricky I Shadow speculation but I better hope everything of his speculation aren't "correct". I don't like spoilers.

Articalys

BD Volume 3 cover is up, and after Eren and Mikasa, naturally it's Armin's turn in the spotlight:
61bCkntsb8L._AA1000_.jpg

Tenck

Haven't started watching this yet. Do we have any idea on how long this anime will last? Is this going to be a 200+ episode anime?

In the OP

Why should I care?

One of the most popular currently-running Japanese manga gets a 25-episode anime adaptation. The manga is widely appreciated for its unique, acrobatic action, large ensemble cast of characters, frightening titan art, a pervasive sense of despair, and its subversion of many typical shounen tropes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan Episode 18: So at this point we may just need to rename this program ot the Jean and Armin show since they seem to be the ones who are getting all the screen time and all of the chracter development. That aside, not a lot to this episode other then
The Female Titan
just utterly decimating the Survey Corps and the subsequent choice to hole up in a large forest. Looks like the main event is coming next episode.

The female Titan is kinda cute...my new favorite thing is skinless muscle bound chicks. Pretty decent episode. The animation has gone up.

On the other hand, we are getting 2 minute recaps again.

They need to quit it with that shit. Not gonna blast them for doing intro recaps because a lot of anime/TV shows do it, but it should be like 15 seconds long, tops. They also tend to recap the same stuff over and over.

Branduil

Attack on Titan 18

iEla7lfbLsAix.jpg
ibvNi6F8JY0bTs.jpg

ibghwwwcWjrr7t.jpg
ibmjzM4gXjoabi.jpg

Attack on waifus.

Another good episode. It's lower budget than the previous one, but all the important scenes are well-animated and we haven't re-entered time crunch hell yet. So far this arc has done a good job of recapturing the sensation of terror and inevitable doom that was so noticeably absent in the latter half of the Trost arc.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Attack on Titan Episode 18 recap (spoilers):

Soldier 1 internal monologue: There's only one horse, we're going to have to leave someone behind, who do we leave behind?

Soldier 2 internal monologue: There's only one horse, we're going to have to leave someone behind, who do we leave behind?

Soldier 3 internal monologue: There's only one horse, we're going to have to leave someone behind, who do we leave behind?

HORSES APPEAR

Soldiers: "Yay!"

Soldier 1 internal monologue: What's going on, why are we breaking the formation?

Soldier 2 internal monologue: What's going on, why are we breaking the formation?

Soldier 3 internal monologue: What's going on, why are we breaking the formation?

Soldier 4 internal monologue: What's going on, why are we breaking the formation?

Soldier 5 internal monologue: What's going on, why are we breaking the formation?

Soldier 6 internal monologue: What was Captain Erwin thinking by taking us into the forest?

Soldier 7 internal monologue: What was Captain Erwin thinking by taking us into the forest?

Soldier 8 internal monologue: What was Captain Erwin thinking by taking us into the forest?

Soldier 9 internal monologue: What was Captain Erwin thinking by taking us into the forest?

Soldier 10 internal monologue: What was Captain Erwin thinking by taking us into the forest?

Soldier 11: "Captain Levi, what are your orders?!"

Soldier 12: "Captain Levi, what are your orders?!"

Soldier 13: "Captain Levi, what are your orders?!"

Soldier 14: "Captain Levi, what are your orders?!"

Soldier 15: "Captain Levi, what are your orders?!"

Captain Levi: "Cover your ears."

THE END.

Akito

lol excellent, it highlights the only real problem of the episode, pacing. The bits with the female titan were really nice, so much dread and terror.

People say it's really strictly duplicating the manga. If that's the case, maybe they need to compress more, because it does suffer from pacing issues.

Branduil

i dont see how this show is going to end in 5 episodes. there is so much shit that needs to be answered! hopefully they will get the pacing right

It's not. Well, technically it's seven episodes, but the manga is still ongoing so it's obviously not going to resolve everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom