• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Episode-9:

Guess this means humanity is even more fucked because it's implied the Armored and Titan-Titan were humans like Eren and can transform at will. So, they must have sleepers inside the walls already, meaning if they wanted too couldn't they just kill everyone in an instant?

I think if this indeed the case then there would be more to it then that since if the goal is simply destroy all humans then why not just tear down the gates and be done with it? Why wait 5 years between wall breaches?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The stills haven't bothered me at all either. It's just part of the charm of the series, IMO. It must suck for people whose brain automatically go to the: "those cheap bastards!", not that they're wrong but must suck.

I haven't enjoyed the beginning of a series this much since FMA: Brotherhood. Nonstop action, great music, the animation, pacing, and atmosphere are top notch. I need more. but if it ends like the berserk anime(ie manga nowhere near done), I will kill myself.

Naxx

I really enjoy this show! Really exciting! Told my bro about this and he likes it. He isn't anime/manga guy, so that says something.

Loved how it all started but then:

Eren turned to somehow Naruto and with just biting his thumb he turns into a titan? REALLY?! I though this anime is going to be different, not another Naruto.

I am kind off disappointed.

NEO0MJ

Episode-9:

Guess this means humanity is even more fucked because it's implied the Armored and Titan-Titan were humans like Eren and can transform at will. So, they must have sleepers inside the walls already, meaning if they wanted too couldn't they just kill everyone in an instant?

While this could be the explanation of how sudden the Colossal titan appears I wonder how it disappears. It takes a while for a titan to to turn to ashes and even then how does the pilot exit a body that huge? I guess the pilot could be wearing Maneuvering Gear but escaping so fast without anyone noticing should be pretty difficult, even with the steam the Colossal releases.

I'm still not sure if I prefer Eren having this power-up or Mikasa killing Titans the usual way.

Her titan killing skills are already supernatural, though. She barely struggles at all and is only limited by her gear. I wonder if she'll get super-equipment later on to keep up with Eren's new powers or if she herself will get some titan-juice.

THIS FACE IS THE COOLEST SHIT I'VE EVER SEEN

Wish I had the will and skill to work it into a transparent avatar.

I find it creepy how small the eye is.

wwm0nkey

Loved how it all started but then:

Eren turned to somehow Naruto and with just biting his thumb he turns into a titan? REALLY?! I though this anime is going to be different, not another Naruto.

I am kind off disappointed.

I really do not see how the hell this is like Naruto at all.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Goes berserk and takes on an uncontrollable giant form.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
More Fullmetal Alchemist then Naruto. Also, if anybody in this program is as useless as Sakura then they end up as titan droppings.

Nibel

In the end, it's a shounen anime

But still, a very good and unique one I think

BTW, here's my version of.. you know

ibsxD9RVAKNg2r.png

Fezan

what disappointing turn of events. so its just a summoning jutsu from Naruto. so the other special titans are also Summons.so sleepers agent inside wall. this leads me to previous theory that titans are BOW created by humans

Arksy

So someone outside the walls bit their thumb and summoned the colossal during those other two invasions
?

So someone outside the walls bit their thumb and summoned the colossal during those other two invasions
?

That's not what I said at all. The similarities end at two characters in two separate anime series biting their thumbs.

I'm sure there are at least 40 other series where a character has bitten his/her thumb for one reason or another. :p

Jarmel

Banned
This was a horribly directed episode. The voice acting is the worst offender. This whole series other than one episode has suffered from mediocre directing.

This was a horribly directed episode. The voice acting is the worst offender. This whole series other than one episode has suffered from mediocre directing.

Agreed. The quality of the anime recently is dropping

Watch first 3 episodes then watch last 2 and you will get what I mean

Dali

what manga have you been reading

Unfortunately Bleach. What manga have you been reading? Ichigo's dad is mostly not there. Yeah he's there for the odd noogie every now and again, but for the most part as far as the series goes he's been pretty much absent. I mean it's a pretty big deal that your mom was a quincy and your pops is a shinigami, yet he's been completely hands off.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm enjoying this so far (ep 4) but holy crap I'm getting really tired of Mikasa. The all-knowing, all-powerful, all-wise silent but deadly female trope is so freaking tiresome. She has zero character because she has zero weaknesses.

Also, there's WAAAAAAAY too much standing around talking. The whole titans/mankind living in fear is such a cool concept yet they waste so much time jabbering.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm so sorry some of you can't enjoy it like I do. This show is fucking amazing. <3

All I ask is a bit of dialed back sanity when I have to deal with somebody screaming from the high heavens that Attack on Titan is THE GREATEST ANIME EVAR! or at least in years. The show is nine episodes in for God's sake.

ahayschi

Neo Member
I'm enjoying this so far (ep 4) but holy crap I'm getting really tired of Mikasa. The all-knowing, all-powerful, all-wise silent but deadly female trope is so freaking tiresome. She has zero character because she has zero weaknesses.

Also, there's WAAAAAAAY too much standing around talking. The whole titans/mankind living in fear is such a cool concept yet they waste so much time jabbering.

I agree. Some of the episodes seem to drag on and on as the characters just talk to each other in stills.

However, it could just be that the small percentage of action is needed while the backstory to Eren and the titans is explained.

Well I think that her only weakness is Eren. She's so focused on everything he does and ensuring that he's safe, it causes her to be more irrational than normal. It seems to me that only during times when something is happening to Eren (or has happened), she loses her cool. I haven't gotten too far into the manga, but I feel as though this is going to be a major crutch for her later on.

They are following the manga mostly, for better or worse.

It seems to me that original works (ones without manga) don't seem to suffer from those kinds of issues as much because they have complete freedom with how to present things.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
They are following the manga mostly, for better or worse.

It seems to me that original works (ones without manga) don't seem to suffer from those kinds of issues as much because they have complete freedom with how to present things.

I personally hate it when they do manga to anime when the series isnt even finished yet. As shit usually starts going south once they pass the point of where the last issue of the manga is at.

And these are for the shows that have to usually finish within one or two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom