• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equus Bellator Apex

JAYZGERVAIS.gif

Hold up, you think the first OP in F/Z is better than To The Beginning?

Both Oath Sign and To The Beginning are fantastic songs. I don't see any reason to try and rank one over the other since they sound so different.

Both EDs for F/Z are fantastic too, but the hidden gem of the series is Manten, the song used as the ED for episodes 18/19, better known as
"Kiritsugu Begins".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cknbpy2WZB8

kaioshade

I was hyped as shit for Titan the second i watched it, but like others here, the pacing is just wrong on the show. I have not given up on it yet, but considering i am caught up to the manga, some of these scenes are going to be quite painful to see animated.

Loona

So I actually got caught up to the most recent episode after marathoning all of them over two days. I really like it so far, but all of the whining, bitching, and crying is really starting to grate on my nerves. For those that have read the manga, is this something that continues for a long while or will it end soon?

It's been a while since I read the manga, but my favorite part is easily a sequence yet to be animated - shouldn't be long after the recap episode.
I'm seriously hoping that's where the animation effort's going that explains the problems with the recent episodes (which I haven't bothered with based on the comments here).

Coconut

Banned
No. I watched Jojo's Bizarre Adventure recently, but aside from that and AoT I watch Toriko, One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail, and Hunter X Hunter each week. Don't see what that has to do with my original question.

Whining is a theme in a lot of modern anime. Honestly these kids aren't the worst.

Jarmel

Banned
Both Oath Sign and To The Beginning are fantastic songs. I don't see any reason to try and rank one over the other since they sound so different.

Both EDs for F/Z are fantastic too, but the hidden gem of the series is Manten, the song used as the ED for episodes 18/19, better known as
"Kiritsugu Begins".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cknbpy2WZB8

Oath is a good song, however I would say To The Beginning fits the show better. Oath is more pop and lighter while To The Beginning is more of a tragic/heavy song. They definitely are different in tone and goal. My understanding for the most part was that it was intentional though.

Only thing consistently good about the show is the music. Dat track 7

Too bad the show can't properly utilize it.

I watched all of Evangelion this week while waiting for the new Titan. I've never seen it before. Why did I do that to myself?

Watch it, or wait so long to watch it? Personally, I liked the anime way back when. But given how awesome [and compressed!] the first two Rebuild films were, that's where my Evangelion preference lies now.

why isn't the anime opening song on this soundtrack? :(

So you have to fork out more money, obviously.

RSLAEV

I watched all of Evangelion this week while waiting for the new Titan. I've never seen it before. Why did I do that to myself?

Aaahhahaa I can just picture the haunted, 1000 yard stare of someone that just brute forced through all of Evangelion.

"why.....why...?"

Wow. I think this is the first time in history I've preferred the TV-size version.

You should listen to the full versions of The World God Only Knows (guess the show name) or Nornir (Mawaru Penguindrum OP1) sometime. Same deal, the full song is A-B-C-D-E instead of A-B-A-B-instrumental-A-B and most of the non-TV parts make you go "Wut?"

The World God Only Knows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ITzSJb7VEg
Nornir: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYbV8w9iyGE

You should listen to the full versions of The World God Only Knows (guess the show name) or Nornir (Mawaru Penguindrum OP1) sometime. Same deal, the full song is A-B-C-D-E instead of A-B-A-B-instrumental-A-B and most of the non-TV parts make you go "Wut?"

Ha, I've been meaning to watch TWOGK. It's in my crunchyroll queue. After this season finishes I'll probably have more time to watch older stuff.

Okay so I started watching this a while ago, but I've only caught up to episode 12 now. I'm amazed to say the least, I don't think I've seen an anime this realistic in terms of design and characters since Ghost in the Shell. It's nice to see a show that breaks away from the regular anime cliches and can actually be taken seriously.

Soriku

Okay so I started watching this a while ago, but I've only caught up to episode 12 now. I'm amazed to say the least, I don't think I've seen an anime this realistic in terms of design and characters since Ghost in the Shell. It's nice to see a show that breaks away from the regular anime cliches and can actually be taken seriously.

Watch Monster.

Soi-Fong

I just marathoned all 12 episodes out so far... So I'm waiting on the 13th and I am hooked as hell. :)

Edit: I want Sucker Punch to make a PS4 game off this anime with Second Son graphics...

Signed up for Crunchyroll Premium a couple of days ago, I guess I can watch it on there when it's uploaded. I do hope the pacing is better in this episode and we get to the mission of Eren moving the rock. We learned enough history and hopefully there aren't any stretches here. Next week is our new OP, right?

I'm playing Track 10 of the OST in celebration of TONIGHT'S EPISODE!! ( BTW, track 10 is the intro music for Episode 12 )

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Episode 13

Okay, this was actually a decent episode. They're back to moving the plot along and the use of still scenes was kept to a minimum... next episode is a recap though so maybe they'll have a bit more time to catch up, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom