• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

strobogo

Banned
40kish at the Georgia Dome for the Nitro with Hogan/Goldberg. Or the crazy North Korea show if you count that as a WCW show.

Sephzilla

The DBZ movie made #6 at the box office and wasn't even released in 700 theaters - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870701

fan-wrestlemania.jpg

VoxPop

40kish at the Georgia Dome for the Nitro with Hogan/Goldberg. Or the crazy North Korea show if you count that as a WCW show.

Damn, not having big stadium shows and wasting stuff like Hogan/Goldberg on Nitro were pretty bad moves. The Starrcade I watched yesterday felt like an episode of Thunder.

Really wish they had the last Nitro on the Network. They only got the RAW for that day. I wanted to see the look of panic on Schiavone and Tenay's faces.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
pdmXz.gif
pdmXz.gif
pdmXz.gif

does he come on raw or smackdown?

and what days do they come on?

is it still raw on mondays and smackdown on thursdays or did they change it? i havent watched wrestling since way back when Batista was in Triple H's clique and they used to bully Randy Orton.

thank you guys for the help and the gifs
ETCM7nK.gif

tumblr_n0b13yCPdT1qevcs2o1_400.gif

jred2k

Damn, not having big stadium shows and wasting stuff like Hogan/Goldberg on Nitro were pretty bad moves. The Starrcade I watched yesterday felt like an episode of Thunder.

Really wish they had the last Nitro on the Network. They only got the RAW for that day. I wanted to see the look of panic on Schiavone and Tenay's faces.

orf7.gif

Verendus

Banned
I swear, all these comic threads are making me dumber. There are people actually arguing about fights between fictional characters.

Why does the OT suck so much these days?

I'll see you at Summerslam. Just like Rikishi saw Austin at No Mercy.

XenoRaven

I don't think it's fair to judge Gaming Side based on a thread that one person made that it seemed literally no one agreed with.

There's plenty of examples of it being terrible, but there's examples of every community here being terrible, including this one.

Cagey

Banned
I swear, all these comic threads are making me dumber. There are people actually arguing about fights between fictional characters.

50% comic book threads
30% faux-intellectual blog posts on race/gender/sex
10% miscellaneous
9% random human interest news article
1% news article

OT-GAF. Believe.

jmdajr

I'll see you at Summerslam. Just like Rikishi saw Austin at No Mercy.

I enjoy comics and the media they spin off. Without a doubt. But I don't think I have ever gone into a discussion of who would beat who in hypothetical fight. Not seriously anyway.

Do I lack imagination? Or am I just lucky not to be so geeky.

A friend tried to get me into dungeons and dragons role playing and that was too dorky even for me. I have to draw the line somewhere.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Doing "who would win" topics are fun to see how many posts you get. I always view that trash as a sport - see who has the weirdest most argumentative fans. It's fun to watch people go nuts.

Cagey

Banned
Doing "who would win" topics are fun to see how many posts you get. I always view that trash as a sport - see who has the weirdest most argumentative fans. It's fun to watch people go nuts.

Rihanna v. AJ Lee v. Catwoman in a triple threat steel cage match thread.

jmdajr

50% comic book threads
10% miscellaneous
1% news article

OT-GAF. Believe.

30% faux-intellectual blog posts on race/gender/sex?????

Sunny has been busy.

jmdajr

Wait a minute this is a wrasslin thread, where at least 50% of the discussion is of the "who would win" variety.

Not at face value though. It's more like a presidential political race. Or not even... who does Vince want to win this week.

But sure, we joke about it. Story line wise Cena has way surpassed Super Saiyen 3 mode.

Wait a minute this is a wrasslin thread, where at least 50% of the discussion is of the "who would win" variety.

Who would win, 2009 Kane of no particular note or the Demon Kane of the last few months?
One one hand demon Kane was highlighted in a few main events giving him more worth in the bigger picture but he was also jobbed out on damn near every occasion, meanwhile 2009 Kane was just kind of there not doing much of anything but at least wasn't jobbed into oblivion, he endured to a resurgence in 2010.

I think there's thread potential here guys.
Oh man that feeling when I realize I'd probably get more posts than my Alberto Del Rio level reaction LTTP threads.

jred2k

50% comic book threads
10% miscellaneous
1% news article

OT-GAF. Believe.

See, normally, you got a 50-50 chance of creating a thread I'll click on. But I'm not really into comics, so you got a 25% chance at best creating a thread I'll like. But then you add race/gender threads and those odds drastically go down. See the OT's got a 33 and 1/3rd chance of having a thread I'll enter, but I got a 66 and 2/3rds chance of not entering a human interest thread because the puns are too bad so I don't even try. So the OT takes it's 33 and 1/3rd and then takes away 25% and there's only an 8 and 1/3rd chance of me posting in a thread. But then you take my 66 and 2/3rds chance of not going in a thread and add my 75% chance of not liking a thread and I've got a 141 and 2/3rds chance of never posting in a thread. The numbers don't lie.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you were to take wrestling lore as gospel, THEN who do you feel is the most powerful being in wrestling history?

Top Bottom