• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Cagey

Banned
See, normally, you got a 50-50 chance of creating a thread I'll click on. But I'm not really into comics, so you got a 25% chance at best creating a thread I'll like. But then you add race/gender threads and those odds drastically go down. See the OT's got a 33 and 1/3rd chance of having a thread I'll enter, but I got a 66 and 2/3rds chance of not entering a human interest thread because the puns are too bad so I don't even try. So the OT takes it's 33 and 1/3rd and then takes away 25% and there's only an 8 and 1/3rd chance of me posting in a thread. But then you take my 66 and 2/3rds chance of not going in a thread and add my 75% chance of not liking a thread and I've got a 141 and 2/3rds chance of never posting in a thread. The numbers don't lie.

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Undertaker has come back from death. That's impressive.

Sokantish

Daniel Bryan single handedly beat all of the Shield, Undertaker got put through an announce table by them. Daniel Bryan also beat John Cena and Triple H!

If you were to take wrestling lore as gospel, THEN who do you feel is the most powerful being in wrestling history?

Gotta be Andre - you can count the number of times he lost by pinfall on one hand;

1985 - Antonio Inoki
1986 - Antonio Inoki
1987 - Hulk Hogan
1989 - Ultimate Warrior x2

Anyone else that beat him did so by count-out or DQ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think we're having a disconnect - anything that's been referenced, not necessarily done in the ring as well. Like it's obvious Hogan has the power of Jesus for the prayers.

strobogo

Banned
I think we're having a disconnect - anything that's been referenced, not necessarily done in the ring as well. Like it's obvious Hogan has the power of Jesus for the prayers.

That is true. The Big Man (not to be confused with The Big Guy) was on the side of Hulkamania. The Undertaker had the power of the entire underworld. But then again, Kane is the Devil's Favorite Daemon Kane. Brock Lesnar has defeated all three of those men.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So Hogan has the power of heaven, Kane and Taker SHARE the power of Satan, Vince is basically an Atheist Prime...fuck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince won via forfeit. Hmmmm....which is what Vince the Atheist wanted. And it proves himself.

jmdajr

Shit where do you find these stories Sunny. In a way they are good because they help keep people in check and folks self reflect.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Inoki as the son of God, but Hulk Hogan had the entity God behind him. I think Hogan has that. However he has no power over Vince, who is the LACK of religion....boy oh boy. This should have been a topic.

Sephzilla

Bryan has to be surprisingly high up though.

He took the belt straight off of Cena's waist. He's gone through Kane. The Shield. Orton. Batista. Final Boss Form HHH. (He effectively beat Evolution in a single night). He's legit gone though pretty much the entire upper card in less than a year.

And the only thing that stopped him was himself.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Inoki as the son of God, but Hulk Hogan had the entity God behind him. I think Hogan has that. However he has no power over Vince, who is the LACK of religion....boy oh boy. This should have been a topic.

Heavy is unretired I'm sure he'll make the thread if you ask.

Cagey

Banned
Pretty sure Okada revealed himself to be Cloud Strife with that Ultima Weapon sword and animontric dinosaur entrance. He's up there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan has to be surprisingly high up though.

He took the belt straight off of Cena's waist. He's gone through Kane. The Shield. Orton. Batista. Final Boss Form HHH. (He effectively beat Evolution in a single night). He's legit gone though pretty much the entire upper card in less than a year.

And the only thing that stopped him was himself.

Bryan being rooted in the real world is pretty rough though. No supernatural powers at all in any way.

dream

I'm fucking concerned about this because by this criteria, one could reasonably make a case for the Dungeon of Doom being the most powerful force in professional wrestling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fucking concerned about this because by this criteria, one could reasonably make a case for the Dungeon of Doom being the most powerful force in professional wrestling.

Oh shit...

Sokantish

He looks like Jesus, does that count?

Alternatively, his superpower is the people. The Yes Movement is his Spirit Bomb.

Daniel Bryan brought RAW to its knees with the power of the people. Triple H had to give him anything he wanted just so they could continue the show

SoulPlaya

more money than God
50% comic book threads
30% faux-intellectual blog posts on race/gender/sex
10% miscellaneous
9% random human interest news article
1% news article

OT-GAF. Believe.
Somewhere along the lines, Gaming AGE actually overtook OT as the sensible portion of this website.

Think about that for a moment. Most people ended up joining communities and rarely posting outside of that. All that was left in the OT were the weirdos that can't even find a community to join ON THE INTERNET!

strobogo

Banned
I'm still convinced that Brock is the most powerful being.

DESTROYED Hulk Hogan, with the power of the Holy Trinity backing Hulk.
CONQUERED The Undertaker, with all the power of the Underworld
BRUTALIZED HHH, with all the power of of burying
DEFEATED Kane, the Devil's Favorite Daemon Kane, brother of the Undertaker, with similar powers granted to him
SHOOK HANDS with Antonio Inoki, with all the power of Allah, Japan, and Chins.
BEAT Kurt Angle, with all the power of Olympic Wrestling
MOLLYWHOPPED Mark Henry, the strongest man in the world
SMASHED Frank Mir, expert submission artist
OVERCAME Diverticulitis, a crippling disease that typically ruins normal humans
BOULDERDASHED The Rock, with all the power of electricity
BEAT THE PISS OUT OF Big Show, the world's largest athlete

If you believe that you absorb energy/souls from those you defeat, Brock Lesnar is the most powerful being to ever exist in wrasslin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

DEFEATED Kane, the Devil's Favorite Daemon Kane, brother of the Undertaker, with similar powers granted to him

If you believe that you absorb energy/souls from those you defeat, Brock Lesnar is the most powerful being to ever exist in wrasslin.

But Andre's undefeated streak! Or is it canon since Andre died and Brock is still alive Brock has more potential?

Sephzilla

Guys, we are clearly overlooking the true most powerful force in professional wrestling.

i1d5I.jpg

This man stopped the mother fucking rapture.

The Macho Messiah is the real most powerful force.

strobogo

Banned
But Andre's undefeated streak! Or is it canon since Andre died and Brock is still alive Brock has more potential?

Hulk ended Andre's undefeated streak. Brock ended Hulk's run as a full time performer. Absorbing part of Andre's streak in the process. Brock currently has the power of Andre's and Undertaker's streaks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeeeeah but Cena beat Brock, showing the power of his indomitable spirit and never give up attitude.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

When did he defeat Kane? That never happened.

Top Bottom