• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

I find it sort of strange that people can put Chris Benoit on their list. Not a slight against his abilities but I genuinely can't watch his matches any more and can't respect any of his body of work.
I'll slight his abilities. Benoit was a great wrestler, but Angle was better, plus Benoit just fucking ate it on the stick. There's lots of people ahead of him in line for the Top 5 by any reasoning. I don't think Benoit belongs in any Top 20 list, regardless of the murders.

bangai-o

Banned
No but they put a best of Starrcade comp dvd out

The original plan was

Monday Night Raw was going to be transformed into WCW Nitro and Smackdown would be either stay the same or be renamed Raw

The was the original idea for the brand split was WCW gets a ppv every other month and WWF/E gets the other months. WCW ppvs would get to use old WCW ppv names like Starrcade, SuperBrawl, and Great American Bash while WWF/E uses the same ppv names they had. Buff Bagwell ruined everything.
Buff Bagwell is an idiot. whatd he do?

BadAss2961

It's very sad and unfortunate what happened with Benoit, but that doesn't take away from the great wrestler he was.

Speaking of top wrestlers. Prime RVD > all.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Last I read, she was in FWE.

Wish she'd come back to TV though...

About
FWE Official website www.FWEWrestling.com iPhone, Android and Blackberry apps available now www.FWEWrestling.com/appstore.htm
Company Overview
Top Rope Promotions, LLC., is proud to present Family Wrestling Entertainment (FWE). FWE is committed to providing a family-friendly wrestling experience with all the action and excitement of the familiar TV-model but without any of the violence typically associated with wrestling entertainment. FWE’s exceptional story lines created by a variety of wrestling personalities provides a unique brand of in-ring entertainment that is appropriate for all members of the family. We are Family Wrestling Entertainment and we take our name very seriously.
Description
New York Independent Professional Wrestling

wutdahayle

VerTiGo

Banned
Poor Magnus... I would love if the Final 4 to the BFG series came down to the Pope, Magnus, Samoa Joe and Storm (just for Aces and 8s purposes -- let him go heel, it would be a nice move). Hardy, RVD, and Anderson are a waste of a paycheck.

jobber

Buff Bagwell is an idiot. whatd he do?

The first WCW match they threw on Raw, Bagwell and Booker T had a match to end Raw. Buff was awful and Vince canned WCW from being featured. They turned into a stable which was killed at Survivor Series the same year. It would have been like early WWECW with it's own show and ppvs.

VerTiGo

Banned
The first WCW match they threw on Raw, Bagwell and Booker T had a match to end Raw. Buff was awful and Vince canned WCW from being featured. They turned into a stable which was killed at Survivor Series the same year. It would have been like early WWECW with it's own show and ppvs.

Gawd, that was such an awkward era in wrestling history. The number of titles and clusterfuck that is the title situation in the WWE currently is the result of the buyout mess.

Yeah, Bagwell's an idiot. I thought that story about him screwing himself out of severance pay was bad (and it's still the stupidest thing he's done that I know of), but damn - he basically screwed the last remnants of WCW out of existence.

BadAss2961

I remember that. I used to like Buff back in nWo, but he was awkward as fuck in that WWE match with Booker. Rest-holdin' like nobody's business.

jobber

Gawd, that was such an awkward era in wrestling history. The number of titles and clusterfuck that is the title situation in the WWE currently is the result of the buyout mess.

WWE/F had a clause in the buyout that they had to take on 20-30 contracts. Vince got to pick who he kept. Like Kid Romeo was kept but never used. The original plan was to keep those guys away from WWE guys until major ppvs like SummerSlam and Wrestlemania.

After Buff, it was pretty much a full on scale effort to turn WCW into the bad guys so Vince could crush them. Right after the Booker/Buff match, the WWE/F guys were acting like heels by kicking them off Raw and out of the arena. WWE/F were still under control by a heel Vince and WCW was owned by a face Shane. That changed the next week.

Top Bottom