• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

I like the very end where you can see Punk starting to ask someone off screen "What the fuck is Cena doing?"

1343693283730bqbzo.gif

I love how this botch looked like it killed Lesnar and then he was up laughing in a matter of seconds.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was a definite MOTY contender that was held back by
Super-Cena booking at the end

Still my MOTY - it was fantastic work by two people who couldn't put on a wonderful actual wrestling match, but managed to elevate the entire thing by playing to their characters.

011_MADDEN2JR1.jpg

Best commentary team?

Those old Stranglemania tapes they made in the 90s with bootleg Japanese death match footage were hilarious just for the commentary. I'm not into their music at all, but those tapes were fucking funny.

I bought the Stranglemania DVD they put out in 2009 and it had three bonus matches of new stuff they filmed. Unfortunately, they lost the magic. They weren't very funny, but then again, the matches they picked out were boring as hell. Two of the three matches were just basic tag team matches with no death match elements. Violent J sounded so bloated like he was going to explode at any minute.

First two tapes are still hilarious to this day, though.

Kaladin

Those old Stranglemania tapes they made in the 90s with bootleg Japanese death match footage were hilarious just for the commentary. I'm not into their music at all, but those tapes were fucking funny.

I bought the Stranglemania DVD they put out in 2009 and it had three bonus matches of new stuff they filmed. Unfortunately, they lost the magic. They weren't very funny, but then again, the matches they picked out were boring as hell. Two of the three matches were just basic tag team matches with no death match elements. Violent J sounded so bloated like he was going to explode at any minute.

Stranglemania was a prelude to the awesomeness of $5 Wrestling.

bangai-o

Banned
Still my MOTY - it was fantastic work by two people who couldn't put on a wonderful actual wrestling match, but managed to elevate the entire thing by playing to their characters.

that got me thinking, the Triple H match is going to be so slow and boring. i guess its fine for Brock wont be getting winded.

krae_man

- WWE officials feel that Jinder Mahal has the potential to be a top heel, which is part of the reason why he’s currently working a feud with Ryback. WWE is looking to strengthen it’s position in India and with the Great Khali’s career winding down, Mahal is seen as a big asset to the company

WWE plans to win over India...with a Canadian? I don't know, I guess it worked for Italy. Canadians are going to help the WWE get over in all the countries that start with an I. Look out Iceland! We coming for you.

Entropia

No One Remembers
WWE plans to win over India...with a Canadian? I don't know, I guess it worked for Italy. Canadians are going to help the WWE get over in all the countries that start with an I. Look out Iceland! We coming for you. NIGGA

Oh WWE and their fucking stereotypes. Give Jinder something that isn't based on his race/culture and I'll be happy.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I used to have the second one. Like you, I'm not a fan of their music at all, but yeah, that shit was hilarious. I can't even count how many times I watched it. Wish I could find the first one. I'd love to see it.

WWE plans to win over India...with a Canadian? I don't know, I guess it worked for Italy. Canadians are going to help the WWE get over in all the countries that start with an I. Look out Iceland! We coming for you.

Jinder is pretty fluent in Punjabi. This is pretty similar to TNA sending Sonjay Dutt over to promote Impact and later Ring Ka King, which worked out pretty well for them. That said, they should drop the dumb stereotypes and just make him "wrestler who happens to be of Punjabi decent" if they really want the Indian market to take him seriously.

Still, good news for me.

EDIT: Why are there no Chinese wrestlers?

G-Fex

She'll respond to me when I tweet her a picture of that huge Metal Gear Rex statue I'm getting this month.

You think I should tweet her the pics of my Super Castlevania IV I bought today?

And rub it in her face that I got it?

Nah she doesn't care about GOOD games.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
EDIT: Why are there no Chinese wrestlers?

Good question, as I know they were looking for some in 2009 and 2010 even signed a couple of people of Chinese descent such as Angela Fong for developmental, but no one worked out well enough of wanted to stay.

They are holding try outs when they visit Shanghai and Taiwan next week though, maybe someone will actually be able to pass this time around.

Jimmy Wang Yang was employed by the 'E, and he was a damn good worker who, surprise surprise, got to flounder about in the lower card. He even got released, then REHIRED by McMahon who had no idea he was released in the first place.

Which part of China is Korea in?

But yeah, Jimmy Yang was awesome.

Top Bottom