• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Best case scenario is probably AJ goes over at SummerSlam, and then Cena no sells the loss on the mic on SmackDown, and then is handed a third match that night and then gets his win back.

Aiii

So not worth it
Fucking clients, fuck every last one of them.

So, client needs something done. That's fine, we calculate how much time it will take and what is required to do it. First step, 8 hours of testing, requiring the client to supply sample test data.

Next step, some guy at their end goes on holiday for 3 weeks, so nothing happens until he's back.

Guy returns and contacts us on Wednesday. Nice guy that I am, I tell him, good, send us the data we require and we'll schedule our test on Friday. Guy tells me on Thursday 16:45, it'll be there tomorrow morning.

Some data is put on our FTP, but only a small fraction of it. Rest will come. Takes him until 14:00 to finally deliver the data. Of course, at this point, we've already moved on to other items on the agenda and I tell the guy thanks and we'll reschedule the 8 hours sometime next week.

I then get an e-mail from his manager, telling us it is extremely urgent and he's dismayed that it will happen "sometime" next week instead and if we can do it immediately and complete it no later than monday. And by complete he doesn't just mean the 8 hour testing, but the 2 day implementation that was calculated to take place after that as well.

Seriously, fuck this guy, I never wanted to piledrive a dumb fuck as much as this guy. If you want shit done in time, tell your goddamn employee to get his shit in order and don't put that on me. I work on a schedule ffs. Ugh.

Anth0ny

Best case scenario is probably AJ goes over at SummerSlam, and then Cena no sells the loss on the mic on SmackDown, and then is handed a third match that night and then gets his win back.

realistic scenario is cena wins at summerslam because it's a mainstream show and the mainstream stars have to go over (remember the finish to last year's main event?)

then aj wins on smackdown in the rematch and cena goes away, and the weird fanboys act like aj losing at summerslam meant nothing.

it's mania all over again!

Anth0ny

P7Bbo6z.jpg

GOD DAMN

LOOK AT THIS DOG

THIS DOG CAN DRAW

Raw64life

Just got an Amazon Fire TV Stick and I spent half an hour trying to get NJPWWORLD on it. Never had an Android anything before so I had to learn about APKs and ABDs and the shit still doesn't work. Just loads and crashes immediately.

Mahonay

Banned
Taking a break from my No Man's Sky binges and catching up on the latest CWC episode.

That Tajiri vs Gran Metalik match was fucking great. This episode starts out with a bang.

I'm happy this series is actually delivering on it's initial huge promise.

It is so fucking brilliant. I love it. G1 delivers once again.

Goto is like Nintendo to me. Despite the fact that most other people hate him and even I lose my faith in him sometimes when he stops caring, he has 1-2 awesome matches or moments and he's right back in my good graces. He's officially an EH boy.

shanafan

Sandow's promo was every Ex-WWE guy's promo but he delivered it well.

And yet.. nothing will change. I laugh when Sandow says TNA is opportunity, but isn't this the same company that Jeff Jarrett was champion of AND running TNA?

I don't mean to say TNA is bad, but these promos do sound silly when you relisten to them in the future. Just because guys like Matt Hardy, Drew Galloway and Bobby Lashley became world champions in TNA, it doesn't mean the promotion is any better than WWE by "giving opportunities". Look at WWE, in an era where Cena, Orton and Lesnar are still active, competitors like Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns have been/are world champion. It goes both ways.

Zach

Taking a break from my No Man Sky binges and catching up on the latest CWC episode.

That Tajiri vs Gran Metalik match was fucking great. This episode starts out with a bang.

I'm happy this series is actually delivering on it's initial huge promise.

Did you give me your No Man's Sky assessment? I've enjoyed other WrassleGAF evaluations.

And yeah, CWC has been great. I love it and hope it's a yearly thing.

Jamie OD

Heard Ireland won silver in Olympic rowing. Don't know anything about the sport but I think it was in the Marty Sculls category.

Did you give me your No Man's Sky assessment? I've enjoyed other WrassleGAF evaluations.

Are you supposed to be a teacher? What?
Do you think we have to give you our assessment? What?
Who are you? What?

What?
What?
What?

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE is smart to start focussing on being the one-stop-shop for wrestling streaming. I've been advocating from the start that they should start offering deals to indies for live i-PPV's. Start with doing Evolve's. Keep the indie scene alive, be able to showcase up-and-coming talent and make some extra money in subscribers to boot.

WWE alum Stu “Wade Barrett” Bennett spoke with WrestleZone Daily for a new interview.

On if King of the Ring still has a place in the current company:

“The title of King of the Ring can be prestigious but if it’s followed up by non-existent writing then it’s pointless. Which I think was the issue in regards to me. The tournament itself is fine, there were some good matches and we got a bit of hype behind it and then it was followed up with three months of two grown men fighting over a toilet plunger. Which, you know, you follow something up with writing like that and it’s not going to lead to anything good. The title of King of the Ring is fine on it’s own but you have to follow it up with good writing.”

On his own King of the Ring win:

“It was thrown together very last minute. I think we did the quarter finals the week before and then we came back the next week and did the actual semi-finals and the finals on a one hour special on the WWE Network. Probably about forty minutes before the show went live we didn’t even know who was winning the tournament. We knew that it was going to be me and Neville in the finals. It all honesty, a complete lack of thought had gone into it. I was given Booker T’s old outfit from ten years earlier. Obviously it didn’t look great. There was no follow up to it with a storyline or anything like that. If it was meant as an attempt to push me or get me over I think there really wasn’t any effort put in from the word, ‘Go.'”
Fucked my boy Wade over.

Heard Ireland won silver in Olympic rowing. Don't know anything about the sport but I think it was in the Marty Sculls category.
Foreshadowing of how Finn will get the silver medal of the WWE titles, the Universal Championship.

Or not, because odds are WWE treats the title created not even a month ago like it's better than the other one because it's Smackdown.

Mahonay

Banned

One of the best exploration games of all time.

People set their expectations insanely high, including myself, so I can understand some of the disappointment. Which is really unfortunate because what they've accomplished in this game is pretty incredible. An absolute massive leap in procedural generation in video games. Some of the worlds it's capable of producing are pretty stunning.

The gameplay systems are somewhat shallow, but there's a ton of different things you can get into, plenty of options at least.

Take the game slowly and embrace the exploration aspect of the game and it delivers on the price of admission. Not a game meant to be rushed through. I can see why someone would have a bad time if their main goal was just to blast through everything as quickly as possible.

The groundwork has been laid out perfectly for Hello Games to layer in tons of new updates. It will be interesting to see what this evolves in these next couple of years.

Del Rio has an out clause in his contract for next month. Worth keeping an eye on after everything that's happened with both booking and splitting up him and Paige

Mahonay

Banned
Del Rio has an out clause in his contract for next month. Worth keeping an eye on after everything that's happened with both booking and splitting up him and Paige
Oh damn.

Well with the cash they're paying him, might be worth it to stick around and keep collecting that big check.
Yay! We can finally visit backstage and go on the crowd again this year. But apparently no showcase mode because some stupid reason.
Because WWE 2K is a trash franchise.

He did an interview about a month ago where he said he hopes to retire within the WWE in 3-5 years. Also that he wants an IC title run because it's the only singles belt he hasn't had. But that was all pre-draft so who knows.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/sportskeeda-exclusive-interview-with-wwe-star-alberto-del-rio

Oh damn.

Well with the cash they're paying him, might be worth it to stick around and keep collecting that big check.

Because WWE 2K is a trash franchise.
https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k17-features

They wanted to do it with Brock but some of the guys he had feuds with aren't able to be put in the game. So I'm guessing Angle and Hogan since they started on it last year. Instead they will improve on universe.

They have some promo system and you can create your own titantron lol.

How did you all feel about Mandow's get everything off of my chest promo last night? Do you think we've heard them so much that it doesn't have the same flare anymore? Or did you think it was appropriate to redeem his character?

Raw64life

Dude is tailor made for NJPW. I wanted him there after he left the first time. Doubt he goes back to AAA so maybe this will be the time.

Barrage

How did you all feel about Mandow's get everything off of my chest promo last night? Do you think we've heard them so much that it doesn't have the same flare anymore? Or did you think it was appropriate to redeem his character?

Theyre just so tired at this point. I wouldve much preferred him to do a promo that just established his new character instead of completely relyibg on his history at WWE.

Also wonder how long it will take for people to remember that Sandow is a mediocre-to-below-average worker. He honestly isnt a main eventer anywhere now that the expectations for workrate are so high.

Next week the network will air a 24 dedicated to the diva revolution!

Now fans can get an inside look at the impact these and the other ladies making an impact in WWE 24: Women’s Revolution, airing immediately follow Talking Smack Tuesday, Aug. 16, at 10:30ET on WWE Network. From female talent of the past to NXT and beyond, the episode of this documentary-style series will be a celebration of how far women’s wrestling has come.

Top Bottom