• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

somedevil

If Lawler and JBL on commentary are like the drunk uncle you'd watch wrestling with, Bryan is that friend you'd have over and he's marking out over every awesome thing, and that is 100% appropriate for the CWC as this is stuff you haven't seen on WWE programming, even with NXT.

I don't have a problem with it because its for a new audience who never seen these guys. Plus I love his he chopped him in the face call. It reminds me of this call from pwg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrWGULIhlDk

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You get the better Rock & Austin match for sure.

The Ragin' Climax match was so bad. For one thing Rock, the Champ, came out first. Never a good sign. The brawl isn't that good. Hell besides JR coming back the match is just unmemorable.

Unmemorable is the best way to think of WM 15. None of the matches are terrible. None are great. The only surprising thing to happen is HHH turning on DX, a truly out of nowhere Russo swerve. Every match is mediocre, save for the Taker Hell in a Cell match which besides a bit of blood is like a worse RAW Hell in a Cell match.

Sephzilla

No Man's Sky is a solid 6/10 for me. I like a lot of the ideas that go into it but the repetitiveness of it can become a grind. If you have a hard time maintaining a suspension of disbelief then I could see you not really liking the game.

I like the game and I'll keep playing it, but yeah it's not perfect.

Raw64life

Alexander looked great in the CWC match, but for me it just further accentuates how awesome Ibushi is. He made a nobody like Sean Mulata look like a million bucks. Put him against Alexander who is already pretty good and he makes him like a billion bucks.

He attended a Trump rally iirc

Ziggler went to the RNC, the DNC, and even to whatever the Libertarians call their thing. He did all of those things because WWE told him to.

Kaladin

No Man's Sky is a solid 6/10 for me. I like a lot of the ideas that go into it but the repetitiveness of it can become a grind. If you have a hard time maintaining a suspension of disbelief then I could see you not really liking the game.

I see it being a game I'm playing for years, but never my main game. It'll be something I go to as a break from a meatier RPG or something like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I took one look at it said that it looks like a concept game and it sounds like I'm right.

I've never had much tolerance for randomly generated content though. It only actually works in something like Persona where it makes no actual difference to the constructed parts of the game.

Syder

Is NMS the most telegraphed overhyped game ever? Earlier in the week I was thinking 'fuck it, I'm going to buy this despite the hate' when the PC version came out but I've been watching a lot of videos/streams and you seem to spend most of your time staring at boring planets and UI, this game just wouldn't get much play time with me. The game looks pretty bad, in both aesthetics and performance, compared to what was initially advertisied. The landscapes look like what you get when you buy a Slushie and ask for 'a mix'.

Maybe updates and price drops will make this a more attractive future purchase.

Fucked my boy Wade over.
My heart hurts reading this, I thought they had a plan, A PLAN!

The big thing that bugs me about JBL is that he shouts every single thing he wants to say and his reasoning for siding with the heels never makes any sense. Like, he hates Dean Ambrose for not combing his hair or something.

He's fallen a looong way from when he disliked a debuting MVP for being all talk and cowardly only to change his tune a few weeks later after being treated to an apparent luxury dinner.

Cagey

Banned
Is NMS the most telegraphed overhyped game ever? Earlier in the week I was thinking 'fuck it, I'm going to buy this despite the hate' when the PC version came out but I've been watching a lot of videos/streams and you seem to spend most of your time staring at boring planets and UI, this game just wouldn't get much play time with me. The game looks pretty bad, in both aesthetics and performance, compared to what was initially advertisied. The landscapes look like what you get when you buy a Slushie and ask for 'a mix'.

I'm thinking 15 bucks will spur a curiosity purchase for me.

The Ragin' Climax match was so bad. For one thing Rock, the Champ, came out first. Never a good sign. The brawl isn't that good. Hell besides JR coming back the match is just unmemorable.

Unmemorable is the best way to think of WM 15. None of the matches are terrible. None are great. The only surprising thing to happen is HHH turning on DX, a truly out of nowhere Russo swerve. Every match is mediocre, save for the Taker Hell in a Cell match which besides a bit of blood is like a worse RAW Hell in a Cell match.
A peeve of mine will always be the champion coming out first, IDC who needs up against the Champion should always be last. I remember that match draining my soul, it was probably the first time wrestling made me cry. Two wm in a row and your favourite is beat by the guy you hate the most.

^ The excuse should've gone flying out the window the moment it became one of the most expensive games of the generation at its launch, at least over here in the UK.

I still say we should be shitting on the ragin' climax over a McMahon in ever corner.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A peeve of mine will always be the champion coming out first, IDC who needs up against the Champion should always be last. I remember that match draining my soul, it was probably the first time wrestling made me cry. Two wm in a row and your favourite is beat by the guy you hate the most.

WM 14 match isn't dull is the main difference for me. I fell asleep during the WM 15 match and had to pick it up the next day.

Recall

ECW's TV from 1999 has been a lot of fun to watch through. Super Crazy has been the MVP so far. It's always been an easy 45 minute watch.

Zach

I still say we should be shitting on the ragin' climax over a McMahon in ever corner.

Was my D not good enough for you?!

Wait. That sounds. Oh. Oh my.

Anyway, from the RAW I was watching this morning, it sounds like there's gonna be a triple threat with Angle, Benoit, and Jericho at WrassleMania 2000, so I'm looking forward to that.

WM 14 match isn't dull is the main difference for me. I fell asleep during the WM 15 match and had to pick it up the next day.

I think you're mixing up your Manias. Are you confused or am I confused?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
^ The excuse should've gone flying out the window the moment it became one of the most expensive games of the generation at its launch, at least over here in the UK.

There's nothing anywhere near as good on the Raging Climax card as the Eurocontinental Match.

Hell I'd rather watch McMahon in every corner than the Rock/Austin match again. At least half of the four corner match is decent, though the ending is terrible.

I think you're mixing up your Manias. Are you confused or am I confused?

WM 14: The greatest PPV attraction of all time: Austin. Tyson. Michaels.
WM 15: The Ragin Climax: Austin versus Rock(c). Austin comes out first. The swerve special guest ref is...Chioda. The announcer is good old JR. A 15 minute snoozefest.

Was my D not good enough for you?!

Wait. That sounds. Oh. Oh my.
JBq82sl.gif

There's nothing anywhere near as good on the Raging Climax card as the Eurocontinental Match.

Hell I'd rather watch McMahon in every corner than the Rock/Austin match again. At least half of the four corner match is decent, though the ending is terrible.
First few minutes of everyone beating on Big Show is quite a laugh as well.
Plus Foley's awkward table dive.

Kaladin

Does anyone remember the X PC games like X³: Reunion? That is what No Man's Sky reminds me of except X didn't have the planet exploration and NMS has no story. I tried to get into the X games but they always seemed so difficult to grasp. NMS seems to make it easier to get into something like that and it's scratching that space exploration itch for me that is so rare to find in a good game.

Here's what's funny the Mania that starts and ends the AE era are the best. The two in between are ehhh.

WM 14 had that bad ass over the top tag team match, shit still sticks out in back of my head.

Sephzilla

Titanfall_box_art.jpg

Although Titanfall was artificially hyped through game media. NMS was overhyped from people expecting too much from an indie game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Here's what's funny the Mania that starts and ends the AE era are the best. The two in between are ehhh.

WM 14 had that bad ass over the top tag team match, shit still sticks out in back of my head.

WM 14 is top to bottom a great show. Very watchable. No stinkers. Nothing absolutely must watch besides the main event, but definitely one of the more evenly good to great WMs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NMS was hyped through the games media as well.

Just like We Happy Few. Because the games media is made up mostly of fanboys now that lose their shit over everything now and HYPE TRAIN. Like a lot of forum posters. Except they get paid for it now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NMS is Spore made by an indie developer instead of one of the true revolutionaries in the business. I wrote this post two years ago.

Kaladin

Thing is, if you know what No Man's Sky is going into it, and want that, it is an amazing game. It's the people that place too many expectations on it that are disappointed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My issue with the game's core idea since day 1 has been 'why the fuck are people hyping procedurally generated worlds? why is that supposed to be a good thing in a game about exploration?' Maybe this planet won't be shit. It probably will but maybe it won't!

WM 14 is top to bottom a great show. Very watchable. No stinkers. Nothing absolutely must watch besides the main event, but definitely one of the more evenly good to great WMs.
The worst thing about that WM is Taka and Essa Rios had a great match that should've been so much longer and the fact that it was the beginning of the end for the LHW division. You're watching that match going, "Yeah this division is going to rule!" When in reality it doesn't show up on a ppv card until again September I want to say.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So what's the big deal with the champ coming out first? Why is it a pet peeve? Never seemed like that big a deal.

Nothing. The belt is fake, who cares.

Like, I know people get mad with the "its kayfabe" explanation but that's so deep in the kayfabe hole that I don't know how someone can possibly care about it and simultaneously know wrestling is fake.

My issue with the game's core idea since day 1 has been 'why the fuck are people hyping procedurally generated worlds? why is that supposed to be a good thing in a game about exploration?' Maybe this planet won't be shit. It probably will but maybe it won't!

I was hoping they'd found an algorithmic workaround to make the worlds better. Doesn't seem like it.

Top Bottom