• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

somedevil

TNA has gotten rid of the king of the mountain title and created a new title called the Impact Grand Championship. The kicker is the new rule system:

The rules of this championship has like UFC rules with judges and point system and rounds

Brawl for all 2?

I don't think Tough Enough Josh is gonna make it. Even if Corbin needs some work you can at least tell there's something there. With Josh there's just nothing.

Hey SomewhatShitty you can disrespect me all you want but you ain't doing that to my brother Blue

How about a handicap match
full

20 Unusual Tag Team Champions In WWE

Miz and the Big Show
Big Show and Chris Jericho
3H and Stone Cold
Undertaker and the Rock
William Regal and Eugene
The Rock and Chris Jericho
CM Punk and Kofi Kingston
Kane and the Hurricane
John Cena and Batista
Batista and Rey Mysterio
Hulk Hogan and Edge
Daniel Bryan and Kane
Stone Cold and HBK
Stone Cold and Dude Love
HBK and Cena
The Rock and Mankind
Road Warrior Animal and Heidenrich
Cena and Otunga
Rico and Charlie Haas
RVD and Rey Mysterio

Cagey

Banned
I don't think Tough Enough Josh is gonna make it. Even if Corbin needs some work you can at least tell there's something there. With Josh there's just nothing.
Corbin was a Golden Gloves boxer and got into fights at training camp for the Cards and Colts. He's a naturally violence-prone dude with fire. That's the something.

Josh may have the football background in common but that's the extent of the similarities; he has a good look and nothing else.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait, if Austin lays a hand on Special Guest Referee Shane McMahon he'll immediately lose the WWF Championship?!?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Brood are O U T of The Ministry!

They're fighting the Acolytes and...Mideon!

Backlash 1999 might be the coolest PPV set ever.

Fox318

You need to eye bleach after mania 2000 Zach.

Watch Eddie Guerrero vs Ric Flair on the May 20th 1996 nitro.

Anderson is so fucking great in that match. He doesn't take flairs shit and when flair wins by cheating Anderson sells the finish so fucking good like "wait a minute here"

It's amazing.

Corbin was a Golden Gloves boxer and got into fights at training camp for the Cards and Colts. He's a naturally violence-prone dude with fire. That's the something.

Josh may have the football background in common but that's the extent of the similarities; he has a good look and nothing else.
2 Mania main events in a row for Josh it is, then.

Wait, if Austin lays a hand on Special Guest Referee Shane McMahon he'll immediately lose the WWF Championship?!?
Austin has no chance in hell of leaving out champion tonight!
The Brood are O U T of The Ministry!

They're fighting the Acolytes and...Mideon!

Backlash 1999 might be the coolest PPV set ever.
The Brood 😦

Anderson is so fucking great in that match. He doesn't take flairs shit and when flair wins by cheating Anderson sells the finish so fucking good like "wait a minute here"

It's amazing.
He should probably just watch a white wall for 3 hours straight.

This looks like a collage my mom made once. She printed old photos of our family across decades of memories and glued them onto a canvas and gave one to each of her kids.

I threw mine in the trash.

Don't post shit like this again Bluekaveli.

You're asking for a lot. You gotta remember, He's Chavo.

Zach

It's amazing.
Watch three of my all-time faves? I may just do that...

But WrestleMania 2000's been interrupted by The New Yorker Presents. Sorryyy.

Fox318

In not even sure if I could pick a top 5 look.

I mean so much of it depends on the role the performer is trying to play.

Like that jobber Stroman crushed has the best jobber look I've ever seen.

G1 Finals Card Announced, includes NOAH talent and a Gedo/Jado reunion.

*Match 1: Tag Team Match

Jushin Thunder Liger and Tiger Mask vs. Ryusuke Taguchi and David Finlay

*Match 2: Tag Team Match

Bullet Club Hunters (YOSHITATSU and Captain New Japan) vs. The World Class Tag Team (Gedo and Jado)

*Match 3: Tag Team Match

Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma) vs. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and YOSHI-HASHI)

*Match 4: Eight-Man Tag Team Match

Katsuyori Shibata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Yuji Nagata, and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Team NOAH (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Go Shiozaki, Maybach Taniguchi, and Masa Kitamiya)

*Match 5: IWGP Tag Team Championship

The Briscoe Brothers (Jay and Mark Briscoe) (c) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Hangman Page)

*Match 6: Ring of Honor World Heavyweight Championship

Jay Lethal (c) vs. Satoshi Kojima

*Match 7: Eight-Man Tag Team Match

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, Juice Robinson, and KUSHIDA vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)

*Match 8: Six-Man Tag Team Match

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Toru Yano) and Naomichi Marufuji vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Guerrillas of Destiny [Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa])

*Match 9: G1 Climax Finals

Hirooki Goto (A Block Winner) vs. Kenny Omega (B Block Winner)

Zach

Data understand The Business.

Scott Hall is an all timer on looks.
It's true. He has a great look (even mustachioed cowboy Scott Hall -- I said it!), but it's just not one of my personal faves. He can be inconsistent. Not just his physical condition, but also his attire. That's probably unfair, but I'm just being honest. I'm sorry, padre.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The New Age Outlaws versus Owen and Double J.

Surprisingly considering its 1999 neither team has the belts. Debra is in her just wearing swimsuits to the ring phase because...well, it's 1999.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think I have them all on DVR. Maybe I'll sit down and only watch Matt Hardy bits.

Going to finish Backlash 1999 tomorrow. Good PPV so far.

DMczaf

Feels like TNA is slowly turning it around creatively.

No buzz at all for ROH.

ROH is stuck in a creative rut.

TNA is just throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks, which is awesome. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But they are trying new things.

WWE...lol

O'Haire's devil's advocate gimmick was too high concept for wrestling. Makes for good vignettes, but not really something another wrestler can play off of.

I think all they had him do was get Brian Kendrick to streak and Dawn Marie to flash her boobs.

RIP, he definitely had the look of a champion.

It's a shame when people just don't have the talent to back it up.

He was good on the stick (in vignettes) and had a decent warcrate of moves he pulled off really well. Easily could've held the WHC at least.

Fox318

O'Haire's devil's advocate gimmick was too high concept for wrestling. Makes for good vignettes, but not really something another wrestler can play off of.

I think all they had him do was get Brian Kendrick to streak and Dawn Marie to flash her boobs.

He was good on the stick and had a decent warcrate of moves he pulled off really well. Easily could've held the WHC at least.
Ohaire could have been paying people to take pins or lose matches on purpose because of blackmail.

If straight edge society could work than OHaire could have worked.

Problem is you have Vince booking.

Fox318

Every time I have seen him work this year it's been a pleasure.

I will say it was stupid when they tried to make Moose look like a monster next to Lashley.

Moose looks like a deflated balloon compared to Bobby.
Main event wrestlers need to dress like one.

Leave the street clothes at home.

Top Bottom