• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

tumblr_obtbzllRSm1ql0k28o1_500.png

mBgUHGF.gif
That fucking X Division title gets me every time.

So who's fault on why Lashley wasn't push correctly in the WWE?
Well Vince pished him too fast with that ECW shit imo. It seemed like he was being groomed as a Black Brock Lesnar but with a different alignment. But he left after Krystal didn't feel too comfortable then Michael Hayes situation. .

Fuckin Hayes. I wish Lashley came back just to kick his ass.
With Shane allowing it of course

E: Oh snaps they shooting at the Olympics
shooting event going on

RipRamsey

So Omega's going over, but who is he defending the case against? Recent interviews seem to hint at Ibushi and Omega needing to settle some business.

Now that we're at the finals, is there an updated must watch G1 26 list?

I'm finally catching up with SANADA vs. Tanahashi and Marufuji vs. Okada tonight.

RipRamsey

I've seen wrestler fav fives, but what's everyone's fav five wrasslin maneuvers?

1. Arn Anderson spine buster.

2. Macho Man's elbow drop to the heart. Looked so damn good. I've got to give credit to The Drifter. The one he pulled off in his first NXT match was a thing of beauty.

3. Tanahashi's high fly flow. It's a thing of beauty that he will hit on opponents standing or laying anywhere.

4. Sit out powerbomb. I like Roman's, should be his finisher, with the razor edge variant being his super no false finisher match ender. Just a devastating looking move all around.

mark-henry-is-mad-o.gif

Honorable mentions: Stone cold stunner, Hart's sharpshooter, HBK's sweet chin music, and any lariat or clothesline from hell that knocks someone out of their boots.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Goto? Never been a big fan :/

Any crazy Shibata and/or Ishii sruff in this year's G1? Or Honma?

Goto? Never been a big fan :/

Any crazy Shibata and/or Ishii sruff in this year's G1? Or Honma?

Honma won two in a row right off the bat, so his "underdog" story kind of went away quick. Ishii had great matches with Marufuji and Tanahashi, and a MOTY contender with Okada. Shibata was consistently pretty good, but I wasn't blown away by him as much as in the past. He had a great match with Naito though.

Not exactly breaking news, but SANADA vs Tanahashi and Marufuji vs. Okada from night 1 were great. Solidly 4* territory.

Watching #BIGMIKE vs. Naito from night 4 now.

I've seen wrestler fav fives, but what's everyone's fav five wrasslin maneuvers?

1. Arn Anderson spine buster.

2. Macho Man's elbow drop to the heart. Looked so damn good. I've got to give credit to The Drifter. The one he pulled off in his first NXT match was a thing of beauty.

3. Tanahashi's high fly flow. It's a thing of beauty that he will hit on opponents standing or laying anywhere.

4. Sit out powerbomb. I like Roman's, should be his finisher, with the razor edge variant being his super no false finisher match ender. Just a devastating looking move all around.

mark-henry-is-mad-o.gif

Honorable mentions: Stone cold stunner, Hart's sharpshooter, HBK's sweet chin music, and any lariat or clothesline from hell that knocks someone out of their boots.

Test or Cass big boot kick
Hercules or Bulldog's power slam
Scott Steiner's frankensteiner
Piledriver-
Teddy Hart's Stu Hart special. Saw some clips of it and kinda marked out on it

If you're looking for the best analysis on WWE then I recommend Talking Shit with Daniel Bryan and Renee Young.

Talk only on current WWE TV and PPVs is incredibly boring. Cheap Heat doesn't even talk about NXT, let alone other promotions or other eras. The talk was more varied with David Shoemaker because he brought a deep knowledge and could pull references and analogies from all of wrestling history. Cheap Heat's current direction is straight weekly wrap-ups.

John and Wai are the way to go when you take their whole weekly output in total. Add in Bauer and Pollock and I'm a happy camper. I'm just bummed that great groove Cheap Heat was in at the start of this year is now long gone.

Just dropped in to say Cheap Heat is the worst it's ever been and I'm sad that I think I'm going to move on.

The new host is too cheeseball and with Cheap Heat becoming the official ESPN podcast, the bro level and yes-men feel is off the chart.

I am a fan of all the podcasts on voicesofwrestling, give them a shot.

GIMME A FUCKIN MIC!
I SEE BLUEKAVELI AND HIS FAT ASSSS AT THE GYM AT 2 AM BUT HIS LITTLE ASS, HE WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO MY PEEKS AND MY FREAKS. YOU SEE, EVEN IF HE WORKED OUT FOR 48 HOURS STRAIGHT HE'LL STILL BE 122 1/2 TIMES AWAY FROM HALF OF WHAT I AM. NOW!

Adree

Watched ECW Barely Legal 97 with commentary by WeWatchWrestling. Great commentary if you like people watching, some real entertaining hairstyles at this show.

Worth a buck on their Patreon to access it especially since they are going to do Canadian Stampede next.

KissVibes

Banned
MY BOY SHIBATA TRENDING IN THE UNITED STATES.

GEEKS LIKE SHORT MIKE ELGIN AND KENNY CAN'T DO THAT SHIT.

Push him to the fucking moon. He is the true ACE. He is the true global phenom of NJPW. They gonna fuck around and lose him to WWE, where he gets that money match with Brock WHERE HE FUCKING KICKS LESNAR'S HEAD OFF.

Foffy

Banned
MY BOY SHIBATA TRENDING IN THE UNITED STATES.

GEEKS LIKE SHORT MIKE ELGIN AND KENNY CAN'T DO THAT SHIT.

Push him to the fucking moon. He is the true ACE. He is the true global phenom of NJPW. They gonna fuck around and lose him to WWE, where he gets that money match with Brock WHERE HE FUCKING KICKS LESNAR'S HEAD OFF.

NOAH vs Shibata.

I want this.

Top Bottom