• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

PWInsider Elite has an update with some more details on Kota Ibushi and his status with WWE. According to the report, Ibushi is not signing with with the WWE at the moment. However, officials reportedly still want to keep him around in nXT.

As previously reported, Ibushi is expected to work Summerslam weekend. This means he will likely make an appearance at NXT TakeOver: Back to Brooklyn. The report adds that Ibushi could be brought in periodically to be spotlighted as a way for WWE to display that they want to showcase and sign Ibushi to NXT.

And then heel Triple H who has a match later that night comes out to celebrate with them.
Always going over.

triple-h-smile-o.gif

Then a promo is cut on how Triple H started the Diva's Revolution.

bjork

To be fair, I'm all for using something as widely seen as the olympics for a political statement, like the black power salute in the 60s. But that's something of some worth, not some meme-level trash.

And this isn't to take away from her athletic prowess, either.

Past

Holy crap, John Cena sure does talk a lot while wrestling:
https://vid.me/Z3Qu

Must be annoying as fuck wrestling with him especially when you're a veteran like AJ Styles and you're being told how to act like a heel.

Mahonay

Banned
Holy crap, John Cena sure does talk a lot while wrestling:
https://vid.me/Z3Qu

Must be annoying as fuck wrestling with him especially when you're a veteran like AJ Styles and you're being told how to act like a heel.
Even with as loud as he is, every wrestler in existence seems to like working matches with Cena and following his lead.

I'm surprised to see Cena calling the AJ matches. I thought we were in a new era after Bryan called both his match with Cena at SummerSlam and his match with Trips at Mania.

That's what I'm saying. After seeing that in those Bryan matches I thought they were just gonna defer to who's better. I don't know, just fun to speculate.
John should just shut the fuck up. Connor needs to hit him right in the damn mouth and say that he can really see him now.

Mahonay

Banned
AJ is brand new in WWE. Could just be a respect thing with letting Cena call their matches so far. Bryan had already been around the system by the time they had their SummerSlam match.

AJ is brand new in WWE. Could just be a respect thing with letting Cena call their matches so far. Bryan had already been around the system by the time they had their SummerSlam match.

How about Cena RESPECTS the fact that AJ is the best wrestler in the WORLD!!!!!!!

tumblr_o34yowjFUd1udxf4go1_250.0.gif

Mahonay

Banned
This was my major complaint with whatever PPV that was when they went toe to toe for the first time.It looks like They winged that on the spot with Cena having next to no time to work with styles to map a gameplan. That was one of the worst matches from top tier performers in wwe this year. What a waste. Roman and AJ Styles had a better program.
AJ vs Roman was way better. AJ leading a match > Cena leading a match. Not to say Cena is bad at it. AJ is just in an entirely different category, like the Bryan's and Nakamura's of the world.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Okada vs Ishii was fantastic. What else should I look for fam?

Who is that Marafuji fellow, never heard of him.

Top Bottom