• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

bjork

I remember HBK having to take his watch off during some entrance and I remember thinking that's shitty that people would steal a guy's watch.

edit - new page, new superior weightlifting gif

uCsOdnZ.gif

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
Came into this thread with a purpose a few hours ago and the first thing I saw were gifs of Goldberg's streak being broken. Pretty fitting, I suppose, as you'll see down below.

Long story short - my older brother just died. He was a big wrestling fan so now I find myself the owner of a shitload of WWE DVDs. Two of them have digital copy vouchers and while I don't know if the codes still work, I figured that I might as well give them away. There's a chance that they'll work and maybe someone here will appreciate that. You know, the nice thing about this is if they work, no need to pay $9.99 to watch these collections. First come first serve. These are Vudu, by the way.

Goldberg: The Ultimate Collection - VWGD9YRCHJUVB7YY
Money in the Bank Ladder Match Anthology - VVWM3CFTFLX342SF

I hope these work, it'd be nice for someone to get some kind of enjoyment out of these. Now that I own this stuff, I just kinda want to be rid of it all and I'm looking into selling it. There's a bunch of things I got due to his death that I'd have kept under any other circumstances (a 360, Halo, and I think that MitB anthology has Bryan winning on it), but it's a bit uncomfortable remembering it's his. Just gotta get a clean break. So, yeah. Best of luck to whoever tries this first, I hope it's not a waste.

DMczaf

I always loved the dynamic between Brock and Seff in their matches.

I just wish Seff got to face Brock before he became Suplex Man.

Came into this thread with a purpose a few hours ago and the first thing I saw were gifs of Goldberg's streak being broken. Pretty fitting, I suppose, as you'll see down below.

Long story short - my older brother just died. He was a big wrestling fan so now I find myself the owner of a shitload of WWE DVDs. Two of them have digital copy vouchers and while I don't know if the codes still work, I figured that I might as well give them away. There's a chance that they'll work and maybe someone here will appreciate that. You know, the nice thing about this is if they work, no need to pay $9.99 to watch these collections. First come first serve. These are Vudu, by the way.

I hope these work, it'd be nice for someone to get some kind of enjoyment out of these. Now that I own this stuff, I just kinda want to be rid of it all and I'm looking into selling it. There's a bunch of things I got due to his death that I'd have kept under any other circumstances (a 360, Halo, and I think that MitB anthology has Bryan winning on it), but it's a bit uncomfortable remembering it's his. Just gotta get a clean break. So, yeah. Best of luck to whoever tries this first, I hope it's not a waste.

Sorry about your loss, friend.

I'm sorry bro, keep your head up. Don't be too afraid to linger.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't believe Gedo booked the modern era Jeff Jarrett(black and silver era) to win G1 and main event Tokyo Dome just because he was worried his and the president of Bushi road's boy wasn't as over as Naito.

My, Okada is the new Shawn Michaels in more ways than one.

RBH

Sorry for your loss

DMczaf

Sorry for your loss :(

Sorry for your loss Lightning

I can't believe Gedo booked the modern era Jeff Jarrett(black and silver era) to win G1 and main event Tokyo Dome just because he was worried his and the president of Bushi road's boy wasn't as over as Naito.

My, Okada is the new Shawn Michaels in more ways than one.

Like I said when Okada regained the belt, I am confident this is not Naito's last/only reign at the top.

As for Omega, what they did is more important than who they did it for. Pushing a gaijin this hard, this fast, giving a gaijin the G1 and Nakamura's belt and the Tokyo Dome main event all within a year's span, is huge. They needed to make new stars after losing Bullet Club and Shinsuke, and they absolutely have done a good job so far between Naito's surprise reign and Omega's surprise win.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like I said when Okada regained the belt, I am confident this is not Naito's last/only reign at the top.

As for Omega, what they did is more important than who they did it for. Pushing a gaijin this hard, this fast, giving a gaijin the G1 and Nakamura's belt and the Tokyo Dome main event all within a year's span, is huge. They needed to make new stars after losing Bullet Club and Shinsuke, and they absolutely have done a good job so far between Naito's surprise reign and Omega's surprise win.

Sure, I imagine they'll have to give it to someone when Okada jumps ship.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family have my condolences.

KissVibes

Banned
So does Billy Corgin believe that wrestling was at one point real? Is that why he wants to bring in rounds and MMA style rulesets? What is his malfunction? Is this to try and make Dixie Carter look better by example?

Zach

"Let's see if your balls are as big as your bald spot." - Billy Kidman to Hulk Hogan

Dang, girl. Finally getting that Kidman/Hogan feud the world's been clamoring for.

Zach

Vampiro does RULZ, Dato! I'm kinda bummed because he was all up in some main event action until this Russo/Bischoff reboot. Now he's just some bad guy in a ring full of bad guys. :(

Vampiro does RULZ, Dato! I'm kinda bummed because he was all up in some main event action until this Russo/Bischoff reboot. Now he's just some bad guy in a ring full of bad guys. :(

One of the few good things of that weird period between Russo's two WCW eras is that Vampiro was becoming a super top star and the fans were buying it. He was being elevated to the level of Sting and Hogan. The fans were taking it all in. On the last Nitro before Russo and Bischoff rebooted things (the same Nitro where we saw THAT'S THE WALL, BROTHER!), the show closed with Hogan and Vampiro celebrating in the ring and Vamp was over as fuck.

Russo comes in and Vampiro randomly turns heel on Sting immediately. Boom, push dead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bout to watch Nash put an end to Goldberg's streak

Make sure you get really mad on the internet about it and ask why it couldn't have been Dean Malenko, Gregory Helms, Rey Mysterio, or other such reasonable choices instead. And act like Nash completely squashed him and there was no interference.

Disco Inferno sold the fuck out of a spear. Goldberg is a pretty shit worker but I can see why he was so over even though I didn't like him at the time.

On to Halloween Havoc '96, which started with a Dean Malenko match that I couldn't skip fast enough. Currently watching a fairly entertaining Jericho/Syxx match, where the camera for some reason panned to Kevin Sullivan and Konnan hanging out in the crowd.

Top Bottom