• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Dean Malenko can kiss my ass.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Backlash 1999 is a fun show.

It has two amazingly slow but very interesting walking hardcore brawls. The Rock/Austin match is a thousand times better than the WM 15 match. Where to Stephanie? Match of the night might just be X to the P A C versus HHH. Chyna might be the only woman in the world to be able to pull off a chainmail thong.

The RAW the night after has the satanic wedding and the introduction of the Ass Man theme, which no one knows how to react to.

Backlash 1999 is a fun show.

It has two amazingly slow but very interesting walking hardcore brawls. The Rock/Austin match is a thousand times better than the WM 15 match. Where to Stephanie? Match of the night might just be X to the P A C versus HHH. Chyna might be the only woman in the world to be able to pull off a chainmail thong.

The RAW the night after has the satanic wedding and the introduction of the Ass Man theme, which no one knows how to react to.
I'M AN ASSHOLE!

DUN DUN!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Feuding with everyone more popular than him, I see.

He's ahead of the NAO's individually now. He's about on the same level as Chyna/Kane/X to the P A C right now. He does have a shitty corporate HHH theme and wore a RAW IS WAR tabard to the ring lately.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ken Shamrock is by far and away the most jakked person in WWF in 1999. HHH is growing but nowhere near there yet. Billy Gunn is starting to lose a bit of mass. Bulldog isn't back yet. The LOD are gone...I think. They did just reappear a few weeks ago.

Ken Shamrock is by far and away the most jakked person in WWF in 1999. HHH is growing but nowhere near there yet. Billy Gunn is starting to lose a bit of mass. Bulldog isn't back yet. The LOD are gone...I think. They did just reappear a few weeks ago.
Hunter doesn't dip into the hgh until later. Rockabilly grows a little bit later. 2k16 Ken Shamrock looked exactly like him

images

Exis

Reminiscing about WCW in the late 90s depresses me. I just came into this country and it was one of the few things that got me through those early years of culture shock.

That said, it was 20 years ago. I can't even...

I kinda know the feeling, I had a shit job that got out at like 2AM, so I would watch the repeats of Nitro as it was the only thing on, I soon found I could listen to Meltzer and Alverez at work via their old eyada show and that made me a fan.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
rank 'em -- WCW Cruiserweights not named Jericho, Eddie, Malenko, or Rey:

Psicosis, Billy Kidman, Juventud Guerrera, Alex Wright, Ultimo Dragon, Konnan, Syxx, Pillman, and Liger. EDIT: LA PARKA!

I have always been fascinated by Ultimo Dragon and wish he had a better WWE run. I never paid too much to Liger, although I guess I should start checking out his matches on the Network.

EDIT: forgot about La Parka, my bad!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Liger was barely there and doesn't really count.

I'd put Psicosis over Malenko, Eddie and Jericho easily. Ultimo too. Psicosis was the glue. And you're forgetting La Parka.

Caspel

Liger was barely there and doesn't really count.

I'd put Psicosis over Malenko, Eddie and Jericho easily. Ultimo too. Psicosis was the glue. And you're forgetting La Parka.

Ahh, I always heard about his match with Pillman and thought he had stuck around longer.

Psicosis as your #2?

Also, added La Parka, my bad!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Silver King, Lizmark Jr., El Dandy, Blitzkrieg, Super Dragon during that one house show, Super Calo, Halloween, Damien 666, I'm forgetting some others I'm sure. Kaz Hayashi and Three Count were mostly later era.

I'd mention Prince Ikea but he's terrible just like Evan Karaigas and it would be better if none spoke of him.

so good

Caspel

Silver King, Lizmark Jr., El Dandy, Blitzkrieg, Super Dragon during that one house show, Super Calo, Halloween, Damien 666, I'm forgetting some others I'm sure. Kaz Hayashi and Three Count were mostly later era.

I'd mention Prince Ikea but he's terrible just like Evan Karaigas and it would be better if none spoke of him.

so good

I didn't care for Ikea. I didn't care much about the division after Dean, Eddie, and Jericho left so didn't pay much attention to Three Count. Lash Laroux was okay, on par with Chavo. I liked Shannon More and Helms better when they went to WWE. Disco was great as an entertainer, but I don't remember any quality matches where his opponents didn't do all of the work for him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Disco's best quality was his surprising ability to work with just about anyone. As a wrestler, he was really underrated. He was never going to have 5 star matches with anyone but he could work with Rey one week and have a great match then work with Saturn the next week and have a great match. He never fell behind and he always kept up the pace with his opponents.

Psicosis, Billy Kidman, Juventud Guerrera, Alex Wright, Ultimo Dragon, Konnan, Syxx, Pillman, and Liger. EDIT: LA PARKA!

I have always been fascinated by Ultimo Dragon and wish he had a better WWE run. I never paid too much to Liger, although I guess I should start checking out his matches on the Network.

This is very hard......

Benoit, whatever else

korly

TOP TIER:
Psicosis
Juvi
Benoit
Liger
Ultimo Dragon

TIER 2:
La Parka
Villano IV
El Dandy
Damian 666

TIER 3:
Syxx
K-Dawg

TRASH TIER:
Prince Iaukea
Silver King
Hector Garza
Villano V
Everyone Else

Caspel

Watching WCW Mayhem 1999 for background noise and Goldberg/Vicious match is on and there are so many more "Goldberg sucks" chants than I ever remembered him having when I was younger. Reminds me of how Reigns is being received right now by fans.

SmackDown Live is going to have the rematch we've all been waiting for: Cena vs. Del Rio

Also MizTV with Dean and Dolph.

Still better than RAW.

Top Bottom