• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Crown us, King!

giphy.gif

Adree

Watched Omega vs Goto.

Kenny has some real shit entrance music.
Kenny does like 4 submissions at the start and clearly walks over to the ropes so Goto can break them. Shouldn't Goto at least try to make it look like he's trying to wiggle over to the ropes?
That "moonsault" with Goto on his back looked super fucking dangerous.
Bullet Club sure has a lot of Vincents.

I thought the match was okay, no Cedric/Ibushi.

I was about to fall asleep, but then I remembered Microsoft cancelling Conker 2 and got mad salty. Fuck them. I'm glad they didn't make any money off last gen.

Pikma

Banned
Watched Omega vs Goto.

Kenny has some real shit entrance music.
Kenny does like 4 submissions at the start and clearly walks over to the ropes so Goto can break them. Shouldn't Goto at least try to make it look like he's trying to wiggle over to the ropes?
That "moonsault" with Goto on his back looked super fucking dangerous.
Bullet Club sure has a lot of Vincents.

I thought the match was okay, no Cedric/Ibushi.
Embarrassing

In all seriousness, I really liked it, I found it better paced than Omega v Naito but still felt it lacking for some reason, I enjoyed Tana v Okada a lot more for example

Adree

Triple H's sit down interview with JR before SummerSlam when he was supposed to win the title is hilarious. He rambles on about the curtain call and then JR is just like "It was four years ago..." as if to say "get over it"

But we all know how that turns out.

the_end_of_an_era__the_undertaker_and_triple_h_by_mrrumbleroses-d4uuc25.jpg

Cool Uncle HHH is best HHH.

Triple H's sit down interview with JR before SummerSlam when he was supposed to win the title is hilarious. He rambles on about the curtain call and then JR is just like "It was four years ago..." as if to say "get over it"

But we all know how that turns out.

the_end_of_an_era__the_undertaker_and_triple_h_by_mrrumbleroses-d4uuc25.jpg

What does Taker's belly tattoo mean?

I loved the G1 final (although I enjoyed Omega/Naito more). Omega's done a great job of transitioning up the card.

Would this have been AJs year had he stayed I wonder?

klonere

Banned
Can't stop thinking about the G1.

Not sure if I can muster the emotional energy to care about Summerslam next weekend.

Well there was also a very emotional GAA match I went to on the weekend as well

Hasney

Can't stop thinking about the G1.

Not sure if I can muster the emotional energy to care about Summerslam next weekend.

Well there was also a very emotional GAA match I went to on the weekend as well

Well, maybe not Summerslam, but the weekend should deliver at least

_match_Takeover_Brooklyn_samoanakamura--a19c4adce274ddcbdc05c53c977c7746.jpg

Plus, more CWC in a couple of days. Both Kendrick and Gallagher in action. Should be a fun week.

bjork

If he doesn't even back down for police and police dogs, he's not going to be impressed by some promoter. Doesn't make any of that right, but I'm not sure what the expect from the guy at this point.

Who even cares about SummerSlam when McGregor vs. Diaz II is on this Saturday?

Nobody, that's who.

summerslam is on my birthday. the gods curse me with a freaking sheamus fight booked and zayn not making the ppv.

looking forward to that ufc rematch. and i guess balor/rollins and jerichowens/enzo and cass.

Jashobeam

just finished Kenny Omega vs Hirooki Goto and it was everything ya'll hyped it out to be. The ode to the 2 previous bullet club leaders was a nice touch. Didn't know Kenny could speak Japanese so well. Glad to be Canadian right now lol

Anyone notice how crazy the crowd reaction for Naito was during the multi-man tag yesterday? The more he's snubbed by New Japan, the bigger reactions he gets. You'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind to not believe they're building to something there.

Sure, I imagine they'll have to give it to someone when Okada jumps ship.

You are SUCH a broken fucking record, jesus haha.

klonere

Banned
just finished Kenny Omega vs Hirooki Goto and it was everything ya'll hyped it out to be. The ode to the 2 previous bullet club leaders was a nice touch. Didn't know Kenny could speak Japanese so well. Glad to be Canadian right now lol

Yeah the Ibushi > Bullet Club tribute sequence was like something out of a martial arts movie, or anime or Final Fantasy where he just destroys his opponent with the moves of his former rivals/mentors.

Kinda like the ending of FFVII where you use a bunch of your Limit Breaks all at once on Sephiroth.

Anyone notice how crazy the crowd reaction for Naito was during the multi-man tag yesterday? The more he's snubbed by New Japan, the bigger reactions he gets. You'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind to not believe they're building to something there.

It would be pretty poetic that a man once criticized for being too bland, pushed to soon and embarrassed on the biggest stage of the promotion
I'd consider the whole Lesnar situation the analogue with Nakamura
to come back from a trip away, reinvented as a wildly charismatic, cocksure wrestling genius who is ready to a face of the company and then have that man win the IC title?

Ospreay dishing the dirt on the UK Backyarder Forum Scene on Morgan Webster's podcast

Neville doing shooting star presses off construction site fences

CONFIRMED BRITWRES YARDTARDER LIST:

Neville
Martin Stone
Ospreay
Webster
Robbo
Mandrews
Pete Dunne
Wild Boar

Trying to catch up on G1 stuff now.

I really wish there was an easier way to watch NJPW world because I love the style a lot more than current American Feds.

Tempted to just jump to the Naito matches and watch the final Omega match.

Top Bottom