• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Kaladin

I don't see limited ladder placement as being limited, I kind of see it as being smart. It's a step to finding a solution to a common problem in ladder matches. Forward thinking. We'll have to see whether it works or not.

They added the bridge thing to kill people through, but instead of getting creative with finding out how broken phoenix splashes are (as in, in 2k16, you can setup the ladder outside the ring on one end, then put someone on the table on the other side of the outside of the ring and CLEAR THE FUCKING RING), you're now stupidly limited.
Wait..... Fuck that, how in the hell do you take away something that's been in there for years?

Hasney

Wait..... Fuck that, how in the hell do you take away something that's been in there for years?

Because ladders and tables break the physics engine more tham most other things. Instead of making things better, it seems like they'll restrict the possibilities.

A true Summerslam Shoot is that Ziggler vs Ambrose has the best build-up overall and should be at the very least the co-main event when odds are it's the fourth last match behind Styles vs Cena, Balor vs Rollins and Orton vs Lesnar because it's Ziggler and Ambrose in a match against each other.

Who knew Dolph Michaels could do it.

tumblr_mopvqx8Ri81sqlrsuo1_500.gif

Barrage

Who is the single best wrestler to have never been injured and is just the most consistent worker to have ever graced the ring? Like legit never had their momentum stalled due to physical or personal issues. Just someone who just didn't stop being great?

All I can think of is Bret. I think he got injured like twice that we know of, and the second time, he had to retire and don't get me started with his personal issues.

But who else? Educate me!

Bret was in a wheelchair most of the summer of 97.

Would Jericho fit?

The build up for Dolph vs. Ambrose has been better, but I think Balor vs. Rollins will be the better match, so it all works out in the end. I think Summerslam will be great, especially if Brock and Orton have an actual match and not just "Brock hits fifteen suplexes and then an F5 and wins".

Its what happenes when you don't have anyone to tell you to stop.

Its how raw gets a 3rd hour and how smackdown is still a thing.

Raw getting a 3rd hour was a USA Network choice, IIRC.

I gotta watch the pre-shows for my Breezango fix. :(

The build up for Dolph vs. Ambrose has been better, but I think Balor vs. Rollins will be the better match, so it all works out in the end. I think Summerslam will be great, especially if Brock and Orton have an actual match and not just "Brock hits fifteen suplexes and then an F5 and wins".
Balor vs Rollins becomes a five-star classic immediately if Finn doesn't come out with the headdress and Seth has his white gear on.

The Orton-Lesnar match does depends on Brock's efforts. Last thing we need is another Wrestlemania 32 on our hands.

I don't really have worries for Orton for the match since he does give it his all usually provided the match is high-profile enough plus he's likely going to win, but after the match when he's no longer feuding with him? I wonder if Randy will embrace actually being liked by the crowd since he's supposedly gonna be a top Smackdown face and try his best or go back to phoning everything in.

shanafan

I discovered a planet in No Man's Sky that was orange and brown, and was barren. It had dust in the atmosphere, and the air seemed dry.

I named it
Becky Lynch

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I discovered a planet in No Man's Sky that was orange and brown, and was barren. It had dust in the atmosphere, and the air seemed dry.

I named it
Becky Lynch

What a fuckin' bust that game was. Immense regret for buying it. I'm not havin' a good time.

Because ladders and tables break the physics engine more tham most other things. Instead of making things better, it seems like they'll restrict the possibilities.
They need to take a year off. We need a new engine, etc, just release an add on roster pack and do something new for the next game.

Caderfix

Balor vs Rollins becomes a five-star classic immediately if Finn doesn't come out with the headdress and Seth has his white gear on.

Didn't Balor basically said "Well, I'll dress like a demon tho" to Rollins last RAW? I don't really mind the gimmick, the entrances look cool and doesn't affect the match, so I don't think it'll detract from the show, personally, and the kids will most likely go nuts.

Didn't Balor basically said "Well, I'll dress like a demon tho" to Rollins last RAW? I don't really mind the gimmick, the entrances look cool and doesn't affect the match, so I don't think it'll detract from the show, personally, and the kids will most likely go nuts.
I'm fine with the Demon. But that motherfucking headdress he wears a lot when making the entrance is the worst.

This?

finn-balor-1439616531-800-1450347550-800.jpg

Fine.

This?

fd1d67d7d7d4686560a90bd36cd95603a452237d_hq.jpg

Kill it with fire.

Just watched that Omega/Naito match. Dayum. It's just so much more physical and dangerous looking than anything that happens in WWE. I think I'm hooked, but I do worry about these dudes' necks.

Pikma

Banned
Even though I do enjoy watching Ambrose do his dumb shit I want Ziggler to win

This is something I never expected to say

oddjobs

I'm fine with the Demon. But that motherfucking headdress he wears a lot when making the entrance is the worst.

This?

finn-balor-1439616531-800-1450347550-800.jpg

Fine.

This?

fd1d67d7d7d4686560a90bd36cd95603a452237d_hq.jpg

Kill it with fire.

yeah, that head dress is stupid. also, they should start switching the paint up for big shows. I know that he can't keep doing the Jokers and Banes and what not but they could make some decent $$$ by gimmicking his appearance. commemorative one off-t-shirts, masks, what ever.

You'd think he would take it off before the match. Our does he?
It's an entrance-only thing. I know it's just a thing to deal with for like three minutes for his entrance but it looks so goofy I immediately lose any belief in how terrifying the Demon is when he's crawling around with that giant thing on his head.

But odds are in the future they'll start selling them for kids to buy to wear along with Finn Balor paint kits or something so it'll stick around because the Demon is money.

Sephzilla

I named it
Becky Lynch

10/10

What a fuckin' bust that game was. Immense regret for buying it. I'm not havin' a good time.

I'm still enjoying it as kind of a mindless experience, but yeah, I can completely understand everyone's complaints

Kaladin

I'm still enjoying it as kind of a mindless experience, but yeah, I can completely understand everyone's complaints

I'm with ya on that. I'm loving the mindless space exploration stuff, but it's the video game I play when I want the video game equivalent of a TV show like Chopped. It's going to be the same thing every time, but always entertaining.

Jamie OD

They added the bridge thing to kill people through, but instead of getting creative with finding out how broken phoenix splashes are (as in, in 2k16, you can setup the ladder outside the ring on one end, then put someone on the table on the other side of the outside of the ring and CLEAR THE FUCKING RING), you're now stupidly limited.

So is the ladder going to warp to the spot when you set it up out of position or will it not let you until you walk over to the spot?

Sephzilla

I'm with ya on that. I'm loving the mindless space exploration stuff, but it's the video game I play when I want the video game equivalent of a TV show like Chopped. It's going to be the same thing every time, but always entertaining.

No Man's Sky is going to be that game I turn on when I can't think of anything else to play
and I'm not in the mood for Rocket League

cLOUDo

I have no idea that Damien Sandow debut in Tna last week
He made a great promo, he is very good in the mic
Still crazy how the WWE fuck up with this guy

Thing is, you gotta be relatable. Someone like Eva Marie is not relatable to most fans since they'll never see a woman with those kinds of looks in their every day life - so people will naturally think of her as fake and try to take her down a notch. You see it with good looking men and women all over the place.

But they overcome, or use it to become even bigger.

I con only think of guys like Ronoldo, or Once Bekham. So good looking, they are loved and hated, but they overcome.

Now you guys are backing Dolph?

bjork

I don't know why I still follow The Rock on Twitter when all I see is him retweeting quotes of people saying he should run for President. It's as if these people don't understand that they're asking him to run on a platform of mediocre films and television shows and calling people fat bloated transvestites under the guise of "Sports Entertainment".

Just goes to remind you how powerful popularity is.

Reagan was a president. Arnold was a governor. So stranger things have happened.

Fox318

Sandow actually got Miz over as an act.

Now nobody gives a flying fuck about him. Some prestige he brought the belt after Owens put in all that work.

Top Bottom