• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Sephzilla

Sandow actually got Miz over as an act.

Now nobody gives a flying fuck about him. Some prestige he brought the belt after Owens put in all that work.

I think Sandow and Miz honestly helped each other. Sandow brought a lot of attention to both of them with the stunt double gimmick and it helped Miz kind of find himself with the "Hollywood" gimmick he does pretty excellently now, plus it helped Miz learn how to work with a manager/valet better.

Was he the first to lose a cash in? Sandow?

Cena was

bjork

Vinny Mac, this Doflamingo raid is going to be the death of me. I've been fucking with this phone for like 7 hours already today.

Sephzilla

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the headdress Demon Balor wears. I like the whole idea of the Demon gimmick but he needs to do a few things differently.
  • No headwear
  • Act significantly different between Normal Balor and Demon Balor in terms of presentation (he mostly is good with this)
  • Different more brutal/visceral moveset as the Demon. Balor should be more of a slick professional wrestler, Demon Balor should be a savage brawler

I never got Sandow personally. Also I can't take people seriously when they act like WWE missed out on their next Daniel Bryan.

Edit; the losing to a one-armed Cena thing was absolute bullshit though.

shanafan

I never got Sandow personally. Also I can't take people seriously when they act like WWE missed out on their next Daniel Bryan.

Edit; the losing to a one-armed Cena thing was absolute bullshit though.

People realistically thought Sandow was the next Daniel Bryan?

image.php

Barrage

WWE missed nothing with Sandow. Hes trash in the ring and wont draw a dime with TNA.

P.S. being with Miz got Sandow over, not the other way around. When they split Miz revitalized the mdicard while Sandow stunk it up as karoake Macho Man.

Caderfix

Sandow actually got Miz over as an act.

Now nobody gives a flying fuck about him. Some prestige he brought the belt after Owens put in all that work.

I don't know if you're serious or not, but I agree with the post. I'll repeat this, the Miz shouldn't be the champ of anything ever again. He can be entertaining on small doses, but other than that, he makes me want to turn the TV off.

Kaladin

August - December 1997 : Beginning of something awesome for WWE or beginning of the end for WWE....

So much awesome in late 1997:

Mankind becoming Dude Love and beginning to show the character depth he is capable of

DX forming with Triple H and Insurance Policy Rick Rude

The Rock joining The Nation

Austin vs McMahon

The Screwjob

HBK vs Undertaker Hell In A Cell

Kane!

The end of the amazing run of heel Bret Hart

and that's about all I can think of...unless you're a fan of faction warfare brawls.

All the Noam Dar farewell/last match shows are getting announced. PCW on the 24th September, and Pro Wrestling Elite will be his last on 25th September

He never did come back to PROGRESS :'(

Sucks, I thought Noam did some of his best work in PROGRESS - he was wasted in ICW and PCW, but no surprise there.

I don't know if you're serious or not, but I agree with the post. I'll repeat this, the Miz shouldn't be the champ of anything ever again. He can be entertaining on small doses, but other than that, he makes me want to turn the TV off.
Miz is fantastic. A heel who still puts over his opponents whenever on commentary or anything else. I don't wanna see him lose this Sunday to Apollo Crews.

Sephzilla

And yet they've both had way more memorable matches than Sandow. So...thanks for agreeing with me?

Both of those guys are better than Sandow will ever be. And I like Sandow.

No lies really detected in either statement, and I do say this as a Sandow fan. Just saying, Sandow's in ring work was never really that much worse than Ambrose or Roman - however those two had much better opponents than Sandow usually did.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sandow was the poster child for "replacement level wrestler."

Like everything about him and his character was just average, really. Just my opinion, man.

klonere

Banned
Sucks, I thought Noam did some of his best work in PROGRESS - he was wasted in ICW and PCW, but no surprise there.

zGEoie8.gif

Goddamn I loved that match so much. And all of Noam in PROGRESS as well. His promo back in the Garage asking nobody to tell his welfare officer about working there was so great.

No lies really detected in either statement, and I do say this as a Sandow fan. Just saying, Sandow's in ring work was never really that much worse than Ambrose or Roman - however those two had much better opponents than Sandow usually did.

I think the idea of Sandow is much better than the reality of Sandow. Sure, he got over when given a shit gimmick with Miz. He should be commended for that, but a lot went into that. When he was on his own before Miz, he was nothing. Even before he lost to Cena, he was never really over and was never really more than average in any of his feuds. Hell, his feud with Cody just highlighted how much better Cody was than him IMO. I think the Mizdow thing was more "lightning in a bottle with a shelf life" than it was a sign he could be this big draw or star.

Kurita

Why can't they give The Miz a feud with someone who's good on the mic too? Crews is the vanilla-est mofo on the planet, The Miz looks like a superstar (well, he is after all!) compared to this scrub.
The Miz and the IC Title deserve better.

Kaladin

It's odd.

I want to like Apollo Crews. Guy has the whole package. He makes it look easy. He's legit awesome in the ring. I've even followed him since he was in the indies like so many other IWC favorites.

But something is missing with him. He just doesn't have it. He is bland and boring as fuck. No fire just "I'm happy to be here, don't bully me Sheamus!" If he finds his footing, guy can be a workhorse champion, but every time I see him, I might as well be watching The Great Khali wrestle. He's that bland and uninspiring. DO SOMETHING WITH THIS GUY. He's got pieces of the puzzle in spades, but a large bit of it is one big chunk of charisma that is just missing.

klonere

Banned
Sandow can actually string together some sentences in a reasonably charismatic and coherent way which puts him over 95% of NXT callups and most other members of the roster.

Could have been a solid midcard babyface but instead they stuck him with the most dead end gimmick possible. A waste, not a huge one but still a waste when they need as many bodies as they can get nowadays.

bjork

It's odd.

I want to like Apollo Crews. Guy has the whole package. He makes it look easy. He's legit awesome in the ring. I've even followed him since he was in the indies like so many other IWC favorites.

But something is missing with him. He just doesn't have it. He is bland and boring as fuck. No fire just "I'm happy to be here, don't bully me Sheamus!" If he finds his footing, guy can be a workhorse champion, but every time I see him, I might as well be watching The Great Khali wrestle. He's that bland and uninspiring. DO SOMETHING WITH THIS GUY. He's got pieces of the puzzle in spades, but a large bit of it is one big chunk of charisma that is just missing.

I saw one match of his a little while back, and they talked to him either before or after the match, I forget which. He needs a manager as a mouthpiece, and a part of his character.

Why can't they give The Miz a feud with someone who's good on the mic too? Crews is the vanilla-est mofo on the planet, The Miz looks like a superstar (well, he is after all!) compared to this scrub.
The Miz and the IC Title deserve better.
Miz vs Bray Book it!!

Kaladin

I saw one match of his a little while back, and they talked to him either before or after the match, I forget which. He needs a manager as a mouthpiece, and a part of his character.

Make him The Miz's silent body guard who steps in when Miz needs him to, and is often the test for someone to get a title shot with Miz's IC belt.

cLOUDo

I not saying Sandow would be the next Bryan or the universe champion, but clearly he had more skills and charisma that a lot wrestler in the WWE

I not saying Sandow would be the next Bryan or the universe champion, but clearly he had more skills and charisma that a lot wrestler in the WWE

I disagree. I think he's a guy that happened to get over in a bad spot so people equate that to thinking he could get over in any spot. He was the right guy for the Mizdow role. That doesn't make him anything more than that.

I would expect them to use Mr. Hughes if they were gonna do this.

Just to make blue happy.
If they ever brought that piece of shit back, I swear I'm going to personally see it fit that Shamrock bashes his face in. Just horrible, he never did anything right. And the fact that he actually trained people makes me gag.

bjork

If they ever brought that piece of shit back, I swear I'm going to personally see it fit that Shamrock bashes his face in. Just horrible, he never did anything right. And the fact that he actually trained people makes me gag.

haha, mentioning Mr Hughes is like blue's bat signal!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hating on Miz? Just like the Flo Rida, fuck you too

I dunno, I just don't care for him even though I recognize a lot of people seem to like him and Maryse barely does anything.

I just feel like the act is really stale.

haha, mentioning Mr Hughes is like blue's bat signal!
I fucking hate that guy. Just like Flo Rida. I hate his face, I hate his presence, I hate everything about him.
Wait..... Kane trousers? Why don't they have Kane be his mentor!

I dunno, I just don't care for him even though I recognize a lot of people seem to like him and Maryse barely does anything.

I just feel like the act is really stale.
Be Jealous!

Top Bottom