• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

The Demon King?

bfe4938ad0693e2174b906ee386d1a4a.gif

The whole logic of why Balor adopts that persona is kinda broken now and I dont like that. I dont think it is as ruinous as most though. But they have to stop saying "Demon King" RIGHT FUCKING NOW. They could simply just comment he is adopting a demonic persona or something. Find a dictionary and say all the synonyms of "Demonic " during his entrance if you must. Not everything has to have a nickname or a trademark.

I think you guys a vastly overestimating how much it matters that he showed up as the demon here as opposed to saving it for Sunday. The paint is a hype tool, so it being used as such is fine.

Syder

Demon-Finn only lost once on NXT and that was against Samoa Joe. I don't think they'll have the character lose twice in a row.

Balor will probably win.

Also, I personally enjoy the demon gimmick. It's something different. Then again, I enjoyed Kane circa 1997 so.
He wasn't in Demon paint for the loss to Joe, was he? I seriously think WWE are going to make 'The Demon King' Finn's plot armour. They'll be able write off any losses he gets when he's not painted up.

Kusagari

They boxed themselves into a corner by having Balor's first feud instantly be a world title match.

Now he either wins the title or loses and the DEMON KING has zero mystique because he lost his first main roster match.

The whole logic of why Balor adopts that persona is kinda broken now and I dont like that. I dont think it is as ruinous as most though. But they have to stop saying "Demon King" RIGHT FUCKING NOW. They could simply just comment he is adopting a demonic persona or something. Find a dictionary and say all the synonyms of "Demoic" during his entrance. Not everything has to have a nickname or a trademark.

When they see as much merchandise potential as they do here, they are going to name it and trademark it. They'd be kind of dumb not to. Now whether they should ram it into the ground is another thing (they shouldn't, but that's what they do).

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
They boxed themselves into a corner by having Balor's first feud instantly be a world title match.

Now he either wins the title or loses and the DEMON KING has zero mystique because he lost his first main roster match.

yep should have left the whole demon king out of it and have him lose, least buy him some time and it would have further built up the demon aspect to his character

He wasn't in Demon paint for the loss to Joe, was he? I seriously think WWE are going to make 'The Demon King' Finn's plot armour. They'll be able write off any losses he gets when he's not painted up.

He was. he was in black and white paint I think, similar to Venom, rather than the red he usually wears.

Syder

I watched him a few times on TNA and he was great. What percentage would you give me on WWE fucking it up?
If they put him on RAW in a feud with Lesnar that's fucking money. Joe and KO are the only people I can believe beating Lesnar and who actually deserve rub too.

So expect to see him feuding with Jericho next year.

DMczaf

"Leave it to you Saxton to reference a show that no one over the age of 20 has seen!"

...wait, wouldn't people over the age of 20 seen it?

Fox318

Samoa Joe is gonna get pushed down the card by Vince as soon as he is called up.

This fucking company man.

They need a clean house to upper management so badly.

UberTag

Samoa Joe is gonna get pushed down the card by Vince as soon as he is called up.

This fucking company man.

They need a clean house to upper management so badly.
Not happening until Vince is dead. Enjoy seeing Samoa Joe losing his initial feuds against Braun Strowman and Big Cass.

Top Bottom