• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

10 Most Shocking WWE Summerslam Moments Of All Time

Miss Elizabeth Tears Her Dress
Summer of Punk Comes to an End
Paul Bearer Turns on the Undertaker
Team WWE vs The Nexus
Honky Tonk Man's IC Reign comes to an End
Shane McMahon's Fall
Randy Orton Cashes in MitB
HBK mocks HH
Brock Lesnar Dominates Cena
Owen Hart Accidentally Breaks Austin's Neck

Toki767

10 Most Shocking WWE Summerslam Moments Of All Time

Miss Elizabeth Tears Her Dress
Summer of Punk Comes to an End
Paul Bearer Turns on the Undertaker
Team WWE vs The Nexus
Honky Tonk Man's IC Reign comes to an End
Shane McMahon's Fall
Randy Orton Cashes in MitB
HBK mocks HH
Brock Lesnar Dominates Cena
Owen Hart Accidentally Breaks Austin's Neck

I'd say Bryan getting the only clean victory over Cena in like 5 years would be a shocking moment.

KingBroly

Banned
The best of 7 is a good idea because it allows them to do their two favorite things (constant rematches and 50/50 booking) while having both actually make sense from a story perspective.

But what's the winner get? Another US Title shot? It should be a Universal Title shot. Or maybe a real Title shot at Dean/AJ/whoever.

Pikma

Banned
Looks like they improved on the Demon character, good. Even though having him show at a random Raw in fucking Corpus Christi fucking sucks and is a complete waste

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Looks like they improved on the Demon character, good. Even though having him show at a random Raw in fucking Corpus Christi fucking sucks and is a complete waste
The gimmick exists to sell merch and this is how get it to sell merch.

We have all already seen the Demon entrance anyways so it's not that special anyways.

Striker

The Demon King thing screams Boogeyman. Like an ECWWE gimmick. Looks and acts nothing like Undertaker, or even Kane. At least Gangrel had a great look for what he was and entrance + music.

It's not like there's anyone currently out there in HBK's league though.
Inb4someonetriestosayotherwisebecausefuckthem!

Speaking of The Boogeyman, if they wanted him to work, he should've been a heel. Also, he looks so much better now than he did ten years ago.

Toki767

Inb4someonetriestosayotherwisebecausefuckthem!

Speaking of The Boogeyman, if they wanted him to work, he should've been a heel. Also, he looks so much better now than he did ten years ago.

I thought he was supposed to be a heel. Until Vince saw him eat worms and thought it was hilarious and just had him do that all the time.

Browny

Banned
Your go-home show.

You give away Reigns vs Rusev, and show The Demon entrance.

Words cannot express... Actually, they can.

YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKERS.

It's not like there's anyone currently out there in HBK's league though.

excuse me

tumblr_o5uzcfRdbG1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

bjork

There's a gallery of 50 coolest tattoos in WWF history. They do a wide shot, then zoom in on the photo to show a tattoo or a sleeve, but I feel like they either could've picked better photos or more photos. Here's a wide shot of Undertaker's arm, then a zoomed in shot that doesn't showcase any of the detail. Also they really like the Aona'i-style tattoos, apparently, since it makes 10% of the list.

I like that they show Quake's tiger, though. That's a tattoo with an actual wrestle-related story to it.

Boogeyman was great during Cena's backstage segment dissing Angle
I don't remember that. The best thing about Boogeyman was him eating that human growing off of cutie Jillian's face and Booker's segment at wm 22. Match was nothing special but the way Booker sold it was great.

So Blue, ESPN calling you out and challenging you to an endurance match. Their 28 hour marathon fantasy football versus year 2000 run of watching every PPV that year.

Are you accepting?

In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Kurt Angle gave his thoughts on the comments Conor McGregor made about the WWE roster. Here are highlights:

On challenging McGregor: “I’d like to challenge Conor. Take five bumps with me in the ring. Just five bumps. When I did that for the first time, I took three and said, ‘F— this, I’m quitting.’ I quit for a couple days and my manager talked me into going back. I know how Dana White and Conor continue to bash the business, but I challenge either of them to get in the ring with me and take five bumps. Once they do, they’ll realize how tough it is–and that’s not even a fraction of what it takes to be a pro wrestler.”

On how McGregor would fare against Dolph Ziggler: “Dolph Ziggler was a great amateur wrestler. If he trained for six months, Dolph could give Conor a good run for his money.”

On John Cena’s toughness: “John Cena would tap in twenty seconds in the Octagon, but he is still the biggest badass to ever walk the face of the earth. This kid has been on top for thirteen years. No one has ever done that. He’s now in his fourteenth year on top. I couldn’t do it. Hulk Hogan didn’t do that, Stone Cold had four or five years tops, and it was the same with The Rock before he went to Hollywood. From a toughness standpoint, there is nobody tougher than John Cena. I would love to see Conor McGregor try to be on top of WWE for thirteen years. He wouldn’t make it.”
That's why people are tired of this shit. The shit has been on top for too long and they won't get rid of it.

Top Bottom