• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Okay Kurt, Conor will take five bumps if you do this with Conor's trainer afterwards:
htySMAC.gif

Because he has to feed his goddamn kids sf2, weren't you paying attention to his plea?
He won a gold medal with a broken freaking neck! Just give him a bottle of Jack and he'll do it all day.

bjork

Okay Kurt, Conor will take five bumps if you do this with Conor's trainer afterwards:
htySMAC.gif

He already won a gold medal with a broken freakin neck, you think some padded punches are going to even register on the body of an olympic hero?

edit - god damn you blue! haha

htySMAC.gif

Because he has to feed his goddamn kids sf2, weren't you paying attention to his plea?
But with Brock? This is were they could of used Stroman. Feed Heath to Stroman, not Brock.

Highlight of the night goes to the Lesnar/Slater segment. It was a smart way to combine two on-going storylines and managed to push both of them forward. As funny as Heath's "kids" were on Smackdown last week, I actually managed to feel sympathy for him tonight. Hopefully the writer's go somewhere with it. Brocks "I don't give a shit about your kids" was awesome and he looked like the monster he is.

Overall, I thought it was a solid RAW. Jeri-KO had me cracking up as did Nia Jax's "Count her out, she's dead" line. The return of Superman Roman booking was bullshit though.

bjork

But with Brock? This is were they could of used Stroman. Feed Heath to Stroman, not Brock.

No one cares about Stroman, though. Someone channel surfing isn't going to stop to see his matches, but they might recognize Brock and at least watch his segment. I think it was a smart way to try and hook a non-fan or even a casual viewer, to stick around. I forget the storyline in question, but some similar segment is what hooked my mom into watching an episode and then coming back next week to see what happened.

bjork

He can probably carry Finn to a good match at Summerslam since Finn does about the same amount of moves Roman does.

I'm sure it will be fine, but they never manage to make anything feel like a big match or a must-see, through their weekly show. Heyman does a good job of selling like an old-school pitch man, but aside from that, I feel like they have a hard time making the audience care about seeing a PPV over a Raw or SD.

klonere

Banned
I think the casual catch a viewer goes something like this

"Oh hey its Brock Lesnar"
"That was pretty good, bring bak de atitude era, maybe I will watch next week"
"Oh fuck that its 3 hours long"

*never watches again*

bjork

I think the casual catch a viewer goes something like this

"Oh hey its Brock Lesnar"
"That was pretty good, bring bak de atitude era, maybe I will watch next week"
"Oh fuck that its 3 hours long"

*never watches again*

That could also be the case, haha.

Adree

I'm sure it will be fine, but they never manage to make anything feel like a big match or a must-see, through their weekly show. Heyman does a good job of selling like an old-school pitch man, but aside from that, I feel like they have a hard time making the audience care about seeing a PPV over a Raw or SD.

Gonna be real tough to make them care when they are shitting out ppv's twice a month. Hell, I'm having trouble caring myself.

Kurita

That was a decent RAW
-Rusev/Roman was cool
-I'm ok with a Cesaro/Sheamus feud
-Slater is money. Too bad he gets buried by that boring ass Lesnar.

Striker

Thought Lesnar's brief moment of talking was good. Should have ended it after the beatdown.

Paul repeating the same buzzwords and dialogue is tiresome. Especially since it is the same promo he has done for nearly every fued. He can do better.

So Will Ospreay's new plan for not dying is as well as "cutting back" in 2017, that he's only going to be working tag matches next year outside of the likes of Rev Pro/PROGRESS/OTT.

Also he's probably not taking the Heyman/EVOLVE contract.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean it's pretty funny that you guys are now operating on the premise that Finn is actually bad at in-ring performance, in other words, he is bad at literally everything wrestling related now.

I mean it's pretty funny that you guys are now operating on the premise that Finn is actually bad at in-ring performance, in other words, he is bad at literally everything wrestling related now.

It's WrassleGAF. Everyone sucks unless their a McMahon-approved hunk of beefcake. We are literally this strip personified:

2015-02-16-iwc1.jpg

klonere

Banned
So Will Ospreay's new plan for not dying is as well as "cutting back" in 2017, that he's only going to be working tag matches next year outside of the likes of Rev Pro/PROGRESS/OTT.

Also he's probably not taking the Heyman/EVOLVE contract.

Having seen Will in tags, this is not going to help much either. He just can't help himself.

klonere

Banned

tbf upon listening to WOR/Review-A-Raw and hearing that they are completely going full stupid ass WWE shit fuck its so bad DEMON KING on him I'd hate him too. I'd hate everything about him.

WE'LL CALL HIM THE DEMON KING HUNTER, AND WE'LL HAVE SETH ROAM AROUND LOOKING FOR THE DEMON KING, LIKE A MOVIE! AND WE'LL HAVE SETH CALL THAT OTHER SMALL BRITISH KID A HOBBIT. THAT'S SPORTING ENTERTAINMENT. WE HAVE 12 HOURS OF FIRST RUN PROGRAMMING THIS WEEK BWAHAHAHA.

klonere

Banned
Raw is back to making me irrationally angry and I don't even watch it anymore.

Maybe its a lack of sleep.

His big plan is to tour a trios title with the Swords of Essex, so maybe he just has to do a couple bumps? Here's hoping.

gif only slightly related
SQw7LRc.gif

I guess that could work. The Uptown Funkers shtick is very over
so over a girl kept trying to grab his junk during the conga line
and could be a good avenue for Will to hang back in ring, Ryan did all the big dives. Will still managed to take a disgusting looking package piledriver and do the multiple standing moonsaults spot from the RPW match with Dunne.

plz stay alive Will.

I guess that could work. The Uptown Funkers shtick is very over
so over a girl kept trying to grab his junk during the conga line
and could be a good avenue for Will to hang back in ring, Ryan did all the big dives. Will still managed to take a disgusting looking package piledriver and do the multiple standing moonsaults spot from the RPW match with Dunne.

plz stay alive Will.

OTT just sounds like a giant party

orioto

Good Art™
So people thought Reigns was buried but his US title feud is the most important thing on the go-home show by far lol. Even when Cena was US champ his feuds were never that important on tv.

Also in Owens progression toward being shitty and unimportant, he's now in a cheater jobbing team where he has no moveset anymore and can't win a single match by himself.

Also you think Jericho and Owens will be great at promos but what you don't get is that this is also part of enhancing Enzo and Cass. They have to be better at promos and super over, so Jerico and Owens won't be too good at it.

It's WrassleGAF. Everyone sucks unless their a McMahon-approved hunk of beefcake. We are literally this strip personified:

2015-02-16-iwc1.jpg
Funny because it's true and people who "call out" the IWC still seem to think it's the 90s when IWC still stood for Internet Wrestling Council and made up of a small percentage of elitists, ignoring that it's evolved and now we're all basically a part of the IWC.

Not surprising, something felt off about it. I like how back during the MNW they'd mock WCW for piping in chants for Goldberg but here we are.

Kurita

Foley actually looked super into the backstage argument between Cesaro and Sheamus. Cool segment.
I actually don't mind getting more matches.

Raw64life

I've always loved the best of 7 series. I think it does a lot to raise the prestige of the..........wait, neither of them have a belt do they

Top Bottom