• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Kaladin

Question for Zach and other WWF Old Schoolers

Is One Night Only 1997 worth watching at all? On paper, it looks like the last two matches are good, and I know Bret vs Undertaker got good reviews, but it seems skippable.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I watched the Smackdown pilot and a couple of 1999 Raws last night after sleeping through the first hour of RAW, though I did wake up for the Nia Jax squash match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Summer Nearly Over Fave Five: Back Office Edition

5: Kenta Kobashi
4: Billy Corgan
3: William Regal
2: CFO$
1: Vince McMahon

Every time they said Demon King last night I just thought of Kane

Demon Finn looks REALLY stupid on the bigger stage. I think I'd be more ok with it if he lost the dumb headdress and just walked out to the ring

I could care less about everything happening at SS except for Finn/Rollins. We've seen all these matches 10 times already.

I don't know if I'm going to keep watch Raw/Smackdown week in / week out. With PPV's going to every month and twice a month I just don't see how well stories can be developed. Just going to keep getting these re-hased thing overs and over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finn looks a lot smaller and less "big" (in a grandeur kind of way) on Raw? Same issue with Ascension. They looked dope in NXT, then they looked so much smaller on the main roster, and the larger space they were in.

Was looking good until you threw in CFO dollar sign.

Sad!

CFO$ is, like Aiii said, the best debut of the past few years. Just go listen to that Ascension music again...

Now that Spider-Man got saved by Insomiac and Sony, I guess the new champ of "longest running series of continuously bad games" goes to Yukes WWE

Zach

Goalball? Soccer? I don't play sports for poors, if that's what you mean.

1920px-Goalball_vid_Paralympics_i_Aten.jpg

Question for Zach and other WWF Old Schoolers

Is One Night Only 1997 worth watching at all? On paper, it looks like the last two matches are good, and I know Bret vs Undertaker got good reviews, but it seems skippable.

I wouldn't recommend watching it. Very skippable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Now that Spider-Man got saved by Insomiac and Sony, I guess the new champ of "longest running series of continuously bad games" goes to Yukes WWE

Eh, I dunno, they're making a Trash Bandicoot remaster, does that count?

Kaladin

Finn looks a lot smaller and less "big" (in a grandeur kind of way) on Raw? Same issue with Ascension. They looked dope in NXT, then they looked so much smaller on the main roster, and the larger space they were in.

Lol, are you really trying to compare Finn Balor to The Ascension? You really don't like the guy, do you?

Ithil

Because they haven't updated his entrance for the bigger stage. It's his NXT entrance stretched out onto a bigger stage with (somehow) worse production.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Yukes still wins with the Smackdown/SVR/WWE2K brand as Spiderman had a good game on the PS1 and PS2 and a few on the GBA while Yukes has never done anything good with that brand, only with the DOR brand on Gamecube.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because they haven't updated his entrance for the bigger stage. It's his NXT entrance stretched out onto a bigger stage with (somehow) worse production.

That sucks. I like Balor a lot, I do, and it would be in their best interest to make it a larger thing. I'll have to see it to see if it's on the same level as the Ascension's loss of presence.

I fondly remember that one Smackdown where Ascension showed up early, and had their camerawork lookin' right, pre-makeup. And then they dumped it for what felt stumpy and small.

Yukes still wins with the Smackdown/SVR/WWE2K brand as Spiderman had a good game on the PS1 and PS2 and a few on the GBA while Yukes has never done anything good with that brand, only with the DOR brand on Gamecube.

I stand by SVR06 being the last great WWE main series game. GM Mode forevah

Tom Nook

Kinda stupid giving Finn the Demon look already. It would've been more special if was revealed at the match.

Also, typical WWE booking giving away the Roman vs Rusev match (in a Non-title) before Summerslam. 50/50 booking in affect here - Rusev Wins at SS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda stupid giving Finn the Demon look already. It would've been more special if was revealed at the match.

Also, typical WWE booking giving away the Roman vs Rusev match (in a Non-title) before Summerslam. 50/50 booking in affect here - Rusev Wins at SS.

I can only see an issue with 50/50 booking if someone is supposed to be getting pushed to the top. Trading wins is pretty normal unless you're trying to make a new star.

According to 4chan, 30 of them were piped in.

LOL, did some dipshit on wreddit source 4chan or something?

Barrage

Why do so many wrestling fans have no self-control? They talk about all the hours of content and th pre-show/length of Summerslam like it's community service. Don't wanna watch it, get up and walk away. "BUT IT'S ALL IN A ROW!" Watch it the next day.

God forbid you get into football and realize how much pre-show/post-show content the Superbowl has. The horror.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why do so many wrestling fans have no self-control? They talk about all the hours of content and th pre-show/length of Summerslam like it's community service. Don't wanna watch it, get up and walk away. "BUT IT'S ALL IN A ROW!" Watch it the next day.

God forbid you get into football and realize how much pre-show/post-show content the Superbowl has. The horror.

They're also forced to watch Raw and Smackdown, and NXT - IN FULL.

WWE makes the best product for most people and they won't tune out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm starting to drift away from Raw. I watch NXT in six month batches. I usually will watch SD though I missed it last week due to work.

klonere

Banned

It's not that anybody is strapped to a chair and forced to watch
although certain folks make if teel like that
its they have to produce all this main roster television every week and the near universal criticism is that it is too much to hook a casual fan and too much to make anything feel special or build new stars.

Fucking hell, Triple H himself said as much in the Austin interview. It was his first answer when asked "what would you change about Raw?".

Tom Nook

WWE: NO MERCY IS COMING TO GOLDEN 1 CENTER ON OCT. 9
WWE Superstars at Golden 1 Center for the First Time Ever
Sacramento, Calif. — WWE: NO MERCY is coming to Sacramento’s new entertainment and sports venue Golden 1 Center for the first time ever on Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 4:30 p.m. PST.
This is your chance to see WWE Champion Dean Ambrose, John Cena, AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio and many more of your favorite WWE Superstars.
Prices start at $15! Tickets go on sale Friday, August 19, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. PST and will be available for purchase at Ticketmaster.com or by phone at 800-745-3000.

Link

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No Mercy is bascially a C tier Austin catchphrase and therefore the only game kinda, sorta named after him. He's got a lot of IYH's named for him though, so that's okay.

I didn't catch any of Raw last night other than that dope jiff of Nia Jax shoving that girl off the ring that was making the rounds on tweeter.

Guess you all are still talking about Roman Reigns huh? LMAO

I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown since the SD draft. Before that, I've not seen either since August 2015.

PPVs-only is a wonderful way to enjoy WWE's main roster.

Hasney

Shame Backlash never got finished for N64. I'd like to have seen AKI's take on HIAC.

They were aiming for 6 men in the ring with the expansion pak too.

Kaladin

I think they're trying to incorporate the "They don't want none" line from AJ's theme song in that shirt, and tried to come up with a rhyme for the front. "IF IT AIN'T P1 THEY DON'T WANT NONE". If it ain't AJ Styles they don't want none? I kind of get it if they mean it as "If it ain't phenomenal they don't want none", but P1 has already been established as Phenomenal One. If it ain't phenomenal one they don't want none? That's implying that if it ain't AJ Styles they don't want none. Who is they? Other wrestlers? Do other wrestlers not want a part of wrestlers who aren't AJ Styles? Fans? Do the fans only want to see AJ Styles? That kind of makes sense, but again, his theme establishes the "they" to mean AJ's opponents. Again we're back to "If it ain't AJ Styles, his opponents don't want none" which means they don't want to fight anyone else?

Top Bottom