• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Hasney

could you repeat that a couple hundred times? i'm a wrestling fan so you know...

They are all characters the professional wrestler and innovator of the 1080 splash Kevin Nash played
It's basically a version of this, but with Nash's

mpp029-500x500.jpg

Zach

They are all characters the professional wrestler and innovator of the 1080 splash Kevin Nash played

mpp029-500x500.jpg

imBask

Banned
but who are they? and where are they? could someone record it in Maggle's voice for me it usually helps me understand stuff

Hasney

but who are they? and where are they? could someone record it in Maggle's voice for me it usually helps me understand stuff

527065_4392801735214_1984233670_n+(1).jpg

Even the concept of "don't want none" is faulty, because it implies you want some (double negative, none is nothing, if you don't want nothing, you want something). So if it isn't Styles, you want it.

Which I agree with. If it isn't homophobic, I want it. If it isn't redneck, I want it. If it doesn't have stupid hair, I want it.

Double negatives don't actually work like that. They're a common feature of many English dialects, and the idea that they are actually "illogical" is a classist post-hoc rationalization for why "educated" English is better.

Also, AJ Styles is the best goddamn wrestler on the planet, and it is unfortunate that you let this or that personal view of his inhibit your appreciation of that.

Hasney

Double negatives don't actually work like that. They're a common feature of many English dialects, and the idea that they are actually "illogical" is a classist post-hoc rationalization for why "educated" English is better.

Also, AJ Styles is the best goddamn wrestler on the planet, and it is unfortunate that you let this or that personal view of his inhibit your appreciation of that.

https://youtu.be/MdgUqnejy48?t=1m25s

Did you guys like RAW last night? I thought it was pretty bad.

Reigns was unbearable

the pushing of the Demon King name is equally as bad, and I like Finn, I just dont like Vigilante Sting
Demon Kane Demon King, its so 3rd grade.

Then again, with each passing day; Im growing less and less a fan of their entire product and direction, its like I disagree with every decision they make.

What did you think?

Ronin Ray

Has wrestling shirts ever turned out good when they aped stuff from hip hop slang?
Its never up to date and always out of context. Then again NWO and John Cean took Mack 10 and Tony yayo stuff and made it way bigger then them.

Also Wrasslin gaf will say has any wrestling shirts ever turned out good?

bjork

Has wrestling shirts ever turned out good when they aped stuff from hip hop slang?
Its never up to date and always out of context. Then again NWO and John Cean took Mack 10 and Tony yayo stuff and made it way bigger then them.

Also Wrasslin gaf will say has any wrestling shirts ever turned out good?

The best wrestling shirt ever is "Game Over?!"

They're treating their audience like children and using heavy exposition to drive a narrative. I don;t get who is behind this. In recent weeks, we are being drilled that it takes ONE...no two but..ONE RKO to take the BEAST INCARNATE OUT! We are being drilled that the stakes are high for Seth Rollins as he takes on his greatest battle yet against the DEMON KING...

and so on and so on.

It worked for Shakespeare, it will work for me Godamn it

They're treating their audience like children and using heavy exposition to drive a narrative. I don;t get who is behind this. In recent weeks, we are being drilled that it takes ONE...no two but..ONE RKO to take the BEAST INCARNATE OUT! We are being drilled that the stakes are high for Seth Rollins as he takes on his greatest battle yet against the DEMON KING...

and so on and so on.

I don't like it, any of it.

and so on and so on.

It's to make it that much crazier when Barack actually gets up from ONE RKO, STRAIGHT OUTTA VIPERVILLE, THE BEAST INCARNATE!

Does anyone feel weird that Brock is back, its a little weird right? Like the company is contradictory.

I mean remember Billy Gunn got fired for testing positive for a weight lifting contest.I know Brock is their meal ticket, but this is all very hypocritical to me.

Sephzilla

Does anyone feel weird that Brock is back, its a little weird right? Like the company is contradictory.

I mean remember Billy Gunn got fired for testing positive for a weight lifting contest.I know Brock is their meal ticket, but this is all very strange to me.

IIRC there's a clause in Brock's contract that prevents him from being tested or being suspended, basically. If that's true, it makes WWE sound incredibly desperate

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I mean remember Billy Gunn got fired for testing positive for a weight lifting contest.I know Brock is their meal ticket, but this is all very strange to me.

Different contracts, different punishment

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Its a little hypocritical though.

I feel that Brock Lesnar should have a very different set of restrictions over Billy Gunn's trainer role.

Scarier for a trainer to be on the juice as he may influence others.

gun_haver

the stupidity, the deep stupidity and awful outlook of the corpus christi last night was so thick in the air

how do you just chant USA at rusev when he's in there doing that level of promo work. how do you possibly cheer roman coming in and calling his wife a mail order bride?

the stupidity, the deep stupidity and awful outlook of the corpus christi last night was so thick in the air

how do you just chant USA at rusev when he's in there doing that level of promo work. how do you possibly cheer roman coming in and calling his wife a mail order bride?

Roman screams of Vince McMahon in his ear lately, is like they went back to cringe dialogue, I dont know if its a rib, or punishment.

krae_man

Just watched the last 2 Botchamanias and I have two thoughts.

1) The Rock horn endings are reaching Pokemon ending levels of annoying.

2) Oh my god that chair throw at the PWG show.

How do they do it? Very easily. Anti-USA heel is basically a one-way ticket into cheap pop, it's what makes this feud perfect for Roman since he's seen as the guy defending the honor of their country against the Big Bad Bulgarian. It's not just Corpus Christi, pretty much most crowds would have chanted it.

Faces insulting Lana has kind of always been a thing, which is annoying but it won't go away. Cena did it during his feud with Rusev, saying she was a ho I think at one time (during a time when Lana was literally shown as nothing but faithful to Rusev) and Rusev is supposed to be the bad guy for getting mad when his fiancée is insulted.

Apoc87

Banned
I mean why would WWE even write a contract that says a performer doesnt need to be tested? Isnt that dangerous to the other staff? Not just steroids but what if Brock was hyped up on coke and fucked up during matches?

And who here actually considers Brock a draw? Are there any Brock marks here on WrassleGaf?

Once again i will reiterate that Brock is a fucking cancer and a lazy, boring performer. And he seems like a peice of shit person all around. I cant wait for someone to knock him off his high horse.

Kaladin

How did Stone Cold come back to TV and in ring action as soon as he did after breaking his neck in '97?

I seriously doubt he'd be back on WWE TV so fast in modern times.

The day Br*ck and Styles aren't talked about will be a good day

I mean why would WWE even write a contract that says a performer doesnt need to be tested? Isnt that dangerous to the other staff? Not just steroids but what if Brock was hyped up on coke and fucked up during matches?

And who here actually considers Brock a draw? Are there any Brock marks here on WrassleGaf?

Once again i will reiterate that Brock is a fucking cancer and a lazy, boring performer. And he seems like a peice of shit person all around. I cant wait for someone to knock him off his high horse.

Agreed completely

Top Bottom