• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Zach

MG0zVmh.png

Stranger Things was slightly better.

klonere

Banned
Great review recall

04-08 ROH is the best. Gabe was on fire at this point.

Yeah its on the list, the infinite list. Right alongside my 90s AJPW rewatch which totally stalled out.

So Gabe did a great job, got burnt out and left then Cornette came in and fucked it all up? I've always heard people say Cornette stalled the promotion for a year+ but nobody ever explains why.

Tom Nook

Who's the Wrasslegaf booker? I want to have a best of 52 series with SomewhatGroovy but I don't know who I should talk to

I would like to know too.

I put my sweat, blood, and tears for this company. Wrestle with a broken arm and leg for the past few weeks yet YOUR doctors is telling me just put super glue on it and I'm fine. The crowd popped and has been cheering "Ani-mal Cross-ing, Ani-mal Cross-ing" when I showed up. Where's my title shot?

imBask

Banned

I put my sweat, blood, and tears for this company. Wrestle with a broken arm and leg for the past few weeks yet YOUR doctors is telling me just put super glue on it and I'm fine. The crowd popped and has been cheering "Ani-mal Cross-ing, Ani-mal Cross-ing" when I showed up. Where's my title shot?

yeah but you're only 5'11", while others are 6'5"+ so shut your mouth and WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES KID

Pikma

Banned

Maybe we should form a tag team, we could call ourselves The Pikmen Nooks, have the writers do their job for once and write a 32 week long build for our debut

gun_haver

Kinda like the new Smackdown theme. It's got emotional chord changes so it sounds more like 'we've really gotta fight here or we're gonna lose it all' kinda thing. if it's worth reading into it, then i'd say they're chose it for pathos. I mean your GM is a guy who thinks he's still healthy enough to wrestle but WWE won't let him - what is DB's contract status anyway? cos i get the impression he'd probably wrestle for another company if he was free to, so i imagine WWE has him locked in a multiyear deal from before he retired?

I'm surprised. When the draft happened I thought Smackdown sounded so boring but they've been doing a good job with their main storylines. The only disappointing thing so far is Miz Vs Crews. They need to work out a character for that guy. This thing with people constantly calling him Creed is a glimmer of a character so hopefully they pull that thread and make themselves a little ball of yarn.

rrc1594

TBH the next couple of months of Fin Vs. Seth is going to be boring. When is the last time a heel did some real heel shit? Heel's use to be the "bad" guy. I just don't feel that way anymore.

Undertaker- Kidnapping Steph
HHH- Hiring a Rikishi to take out Austin
Austin- Beating the crap out of Michael Cole(LMAO)
Edge- Taking Matt's GF

Things that make you say "What an asshole"

Pikma

Banned
TBH the next couple of months of Fin Vs. Seth is going to be boring. When is the last time a heel did some real heel shit? Heel's use to be the "bad" guy. I just don't feel that way anymore.

Edge- Taking Matt's GF

"He's the hardest working guy in the whole damn company, what a fucking asshole"

Edge- Taking Matt's GF

Rikishi did it for the Rock

Edge- Taking Matt's GF

Finn should burn down every crossfit gym to really scare Seth

Kaladin

Edge- Taking Matt's GF

Seth Rollins turning on The Shield was kind of that....but they fucked it up in the end.

Caderfix

Edge- Taking Matt's GF

The biggest heel fought for his wife's honor after the babyface interrupted his wedding celebration and insulted her. He's Russian though, so fuck that guy, what an asshole.

Edge- Taking Matt's GF

UT-Punk.jpg

klonere

Banned

Edge- Taking Matt's GF

Paige mocking Charlotte's dead brother was a pretty "bring back the attitude era =b" moment.

They don't have the ability to do heels in the way the modern era demands. They managed it in NXT for a while but even that has been derailed.

klonere

Banned
Not to parrot Fox316 talking points or whatever but sticking up photos of your supposed bad guys doing really cool stuff like this with sick kids, in an age where celebrity and stardom is often defined by social media presence will make it hard for them to be truly hated as a character.

HHH plays a bad guy on TV, remember?

CqEt-fdWIAAQwQi.jpg:small

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not to parrot Fox316 talking points or whatever but sticking up photos of your supposed bad guys doing really cool stuff like this with sick kids, in an age where celebrity and stardom is often defined by social media presence will make it hard for them to be truly hated as a character.

HHH plays a bad guy on TV, remember?

They're all characters, pal

New Kayfabe is where its at.

Hasney

The Sandow TNA segment came up on my YT recommendations so gave it a watch. Good promo.

What confuses me though is that he was obviously never going to be world champion in WWE, but was entertaining with every gimmick he was given, could talk and could put on decent to great matches.

Now if they needed to get rid of people for cost savings or just not enough TV time to feature everyone, I would get it. But right now it just looks odd when you have Sandow out and Curt Hawkins in... and I kinda like Curt.

They're all characters, pal

New Kayfabe is where its at.

NuKayfabe. Like what NuMetal did for metal.

Actually subjecting yourself to 5 hours of RAW and Smackdown.

I don't know why you people do it.

I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown live in like two years so commercials get skipped which removes 40-60 minutes and I skip though the shows most of the time.
What kind of stupid motherfucker would kill all the potential interest in the Cesaro v Sheamus match at Summerslam by making it match #1 of a best of 7 series?

And the writing used to justify it is even more fucking mindblowing:

"Hey guys I know you want to kill each other so bad and are eager to end this feud once and for all so I'll have you go through 6 irrelevant matches before you're able to have your wish"

What the fuck

It should've been in place like a month ago not after they've already been going at this shit for much of that time and then shit heating up as it goes but... *shrug*

bjork

In two hours, it'll be exactly nine years since I returned to California.

I need to get the hell out of this place and where I want to be, friends.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In two hours, it'll be exactly nine years since I returned to California.

I need to get the hell out of this place and where I want to be, friends.

Come to Oklahoma. Be pals with Zach and I.

Anth0ny

how long until wwe realizes that merch with giant words/catchphrases are tacky as fuck?

i'm guessing never

it's not hard to create trendy merch AND still let wrestlers have catch phrases

Mahonay

Banned
CWC tonight. Awwww yissssss.

Watched Naito vs Omega finally last night. It was absolutely wonderful. Those two have done an amazing job picking up the slack in the void that AJ and Nak left.

And I wrapped up this extremely stupid Battlefield 4 video I've been editing together for the past week. Thought I'd make one last video before BF1 hits. I'm pretty happy with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb7-qALLSeU&feature=youtu.be

Top Bottom