• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Kurita

Not to parrot Fox316 talking points or whatever but sticking up photos of your supposed bad guys doing really cool stuff like this with sick kids, in an age where celebrity and stardom is often defined by social media presence will make it hard for them to be truly hated as a character.

HHH plays a bad guy on TV, remember?
They're actors playing characters. Do you feel the same way about a Hollywood actor playing an asshole on the big screen but visiting sick children?!

Kaladin

i'd have to watch BvS to know that, so who knows

His face doesn't even look right in the mask. He's even worse than Clooney who could at least pass as Wayne.

Batman-v-Superman-11-600x410.jpg

Kornflayx

Just watched the opening of SmackDown. Goddamn, when did Dolph get so good on the mic? Building to the climax of his promo and then BAM superkick. That entire segment was money. At least one match that has me hyped for SummerSlam

Hasney

CWC tonight. Awwww yissssss.

Watched Naito vs Omega finally last night. It was absolutely wonderful. Those two have done an amazing job picking up the slack in the void that AJ and Nak left.

And I wrapped up this extremely stupid Battlefield 4 video I've been editing together for the past week. Thought I'd make one last video before BF1 hits. I'm pretty happy with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb7-qALLSeU&feature=youtu.be

Awwwww yeahhhh

the-brian-kendrick-o.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Shoot Wednesday :

Ben Affleck is the worst Batman ever, and an even worse Bruce Wayne.

He is both a great Batman and a great Wayne and you couldn't be more wrong. The only fault he has is that the script asked him to mass-murder a bunch of people, but that's not Batfleck's fault.

Please be less wrong in the future, Sandman, and we'll let this one slide.

Just watched the opening of SmackDown. Goddamn, when did Dolph get so good on the mic? Building to the climax of his promo and then BAM superkick. That entire segment was money. At least one match that has me hyped for SummerSlam
I kept thinking of Dig dug during his promo

Hasney

It feels like SD is either giving the guys that can talk more freedom to do a promo as they want, or just better scripts. It's working well so far.

Ziggler did some great promos when he was unscripted for the WWE YT channel. His ones on TV were just scripted pretty shit.

Anth0ny

he was always a relatively good promo, they just never gave him mic time

dean/dolph was better than all of raw

smackdown is the better show, easily. mauro + 2 hours alone seals that fact.

Mahonay

Banned
Ziggler has been many times more enjoyable on Smackdown than he was before this. Definitely happy with his transition at the moment.

Kaladin

He is both a great Batman and a great Wayne and you couldn't be more wrong. The only fault he has is that the script asked him to mass-murder a bunch of people, but that's not Batfleck's fault.

Please be less wrong in the future, Sandman, and we'll let this one slide.

Maybe another movie can prove me wrong, but I don't see it. I will admit though, I did like the Justice League trailer with him channeling Nick Fury so maybe...maybe.

Caderfix

Yes, it was. After the "YOU WANNA GO RIGHT NOW!?" out of nowhere at the beginning I thought it'd suck, but turns out it was a very good promo.

I really disliked Ziggler a few months ago, but now I want him to beat Ambrose, and that's crazy. The build up has been good and the new direction is helping a lot.

bjork

Come to Oklahoma. Be pals with Zach and I.

But the place I want to be is Wailuku, Maui. Or Kahului. Or just on the island anywhere really.

I've been eyeing emails about flight prices, but I feel like if I took a weekend to just go see how it is now, I would just cut off my entire life here except for my dad, and not return ever. That seems somewhat unhealthy.

Tagyhag

Kayfabe has been dead for a looooong time now, and Vince still gets pissed at Instagram pictures SMH.

His face doesn't even look right in the mask. He's even worse than Clooney who could at least pass as Wayne.

Actually, he'd make a pretty good Dark Knight Returns Batman.

But I haven't seen BVS so I have no idea how his acting is.

Kaladin

I want to see good things for Braun Strowman. It's been a while since we've had a truly imposing big man on the roster like that. They're doing the slow build for him too which is perfect.

Soon he'll graduate from jobbers and move to treating lower card regulars like that. I just hope he doesn't run into someone who stands up to him too soon. Let him build as an unstoppable beast till he wins a belt and then let him hold it a good year. It can be the US title for all I care, let him dominate.

klonere

Banned
They're actors playing characters. Do you feel the same way about a Hollywood actor playing an asshole on the big screen but visiting sick children?!

Most of them are garbage actors and being artificially handicapped by having that same character placed in situations where they are portrayed a manner opposite to how they are supposed to be received doesn't help.

Especially when 99% of the roster can't live the gimmick like The Miz.

Zach

But the place I want to be is Wailuku, Maui. Or Kahului. Or just on the island anywhere really.

I've been eyeing emails about flight prices, but I feel like if I took a weekend to just go see how it is now, I would just cut off my entire life here except for my dad, and not return ever. That seems somewhat unhealthy.

Tulsa is basically Maui, pal.

Kurita

Imagine going back to 2015 and telling people that WWE is having John Cena vs AJ Styles as well as Samoa Joe vs Shinsuke Nakamura in a title match the same weekend.

Albordo got popped? So that's at least a month he won't be putting me to sleep, or would if I didn't already skip through his matches.

In two hours, it'll be exactly nine years since I returned to California.

I need to get the hell out of this place and where I want to be, friends.

At least it isn't Michigan... =\

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
If/when the next batch of NXT call-ups happen, here is how I'd like it to look, in no particular order:

Smackdown
1 - The Revival (The heel tag-teams on Smackdown are weak in depth with only Ascension, Breezeango, and Vaudevillains)

2 - Bayley (Women's division on Smackdown needs a face and she could quickly fill that roll)

3 - Bobby Roode (lack of heels on Smackdown outside of Miz, Wyatt, Del Rio, Corbin, and Styles -- Roode against Cena, Ambrose, Ziggler, and Orton interest me)

4 - Itami (I'd hate for him to be automatically classified as a cruiserweight. Itami feuding with Styles, Del Rio, Ziggler, and maybe Crews one day)

5 - Austin Aries (same as above; putting him cruiserweight division would be a waste right off the bat. Smackdown needs more heels, too, and his gimmick is too similar to Jericho at this point in time)

Raw
1 - Samoa Joe (I want to see him v. Lesnar/Cesaro/Owens/Rusev)

2 - Asuka (matches: Sasha/Charlotte/Paige)

3 - Tye Dillinger (Raw needs more "entertainers". He'd fill a role as a mid-card face/heel easily depending on his opponents.)

4 - Gargano / Ciampa (With the eventual breakup of The New Day, there will need to be more face teams on Raw)

5 - Shinsuke Nakamura (Finn/Zayn/Rollins/Jericho/Cesaro/Owens matches interest me)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I really don't think that's unhealthy at all.

In fact, it's probably the best thing you can do, since its obvious you want it. You should go out there, find a quiet place, and just enjoy life, since you can. Not many others can, you should do it.

Top Bottom