• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Kaladin

Huh, didn't know that actually existed in readable form.

Also didn't know that wrestlers were prohibited from drinking:

6. USE OF ALCOHOL
WWE Talent are expected to be free of the influence of alcohol when performing for WWE. Accordingly, WWE Talent are prohibited from using or consuming alcohol at any time within a twelve hour period prior to any WWE event or WWE scheduled performance. Testing for the use of alcohol shall be for reasonable suspicion only as defined in Section 8A of this Policy. A positive test for alcohol shall subject WWE Talent to the penalties set forth in Section 15 C of this Policy and may also require evaluation for alcohol rehabilitation treatment.

Tom Nook

tumblr_oc1mj1Dnxs1rwgmsfo5_400.gif

s76NA.gif

THEY SAY LIFE IMITATES ART

Poor Kalisto :(

Pizoxuat

Just got my chance to watch the Women's Evolution special. Maybe I shouldn't have watched it during my lunchbreak because I definitely got emotional about it. They did a good job of not shying away from how awful the Attitude Era was for women without wallowing in it too much. Coulda given Jackie more props when talking about the women who were trying to really wrestle before Lita and Trish temporarily disrupted the bra and panties matches, though.

They did talk about how the Diva Search girls were really set up to fail as wrestlers because they were all learning on the spot, but they didn't talk about the Bellas transitioning from being the worst to actually learning some moves.

They tried to give all the women in the Wrestlemania 10-woman match some love, showing some of their moves while having other women praise them. The best praise Eva Marie got was Lana's envy over the shower of boos she gets.

They did a great job covering the transition from the Divas belt to the Women's title. Lots of nice backstage scenes before and after the triple threat too. Snoop Dogg bragging about taking Sasha to her first live event. Charlotte's excited "I did a stunner!" pantomime to Stone Cold when she spotted him. Becky blowing off concerns about her 7 stitches and weeping because it was the match she only dreamed she might one day get. Sasha and Bayley trying to wrap their minds over the hugeness of the arena.

Very well produced, loved some of the music selection, loved that they continue to pair the story of the women's revolution in wrestling with the rising influence of women in the world today.

I started watching wrestling in 97, and I wanted to love the women, and it was so hard with what they were given and King's verbal assault anytime a woman was anywhere near a camera. It really makes me feel good to see what the women get to do these days, and I count myself as a fan of most of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my chance to watch the Women's Evolution special. Maybe I shouldn't have watched it during my lunchbreak because I definitely got emotional about it. They did a good job of not shying away from how awful the Attitude Era was for women without wallowing in it too much. Coulda given Jackie more props when talking about the women who were trying to really wrestle before Lita and Trish temporarily disrupted the bra and panties matches, though.

They did talk about how the Diva Search girls were really set up to fail as wrestlers because they were all learning on the spot, but they didn't talk about the Bellas transitioning from being the worst to actually learning some moves.

They tried to give all the women in the Wrestlemania 10-woman match some love, showing some of their moves while having other women praise them. The best praise Eva Marie got was Lana's envy over the shower of boos she gets.

They did a great job covering the transition from the Divas belt to the Women's title. Lots of nice backstage scenes before and after the triple threat too. Snoop Dogg bragging about taking Sasha to her first live event. Charlotte's excited "I did a stunner!" pantomime to Stone Cold when she spotted him. Becky blowing off concerns about her 7 stitches and weeping because it was the match she only dreamed she might one day get. Sasha and Bayley trying to wrap their minds over the hugeness of the arena.

Very well produced, loved some of the music selection, loved that they continue to pair the story of the women's revolution in wrestling with the rising influence of women in the world today.

I started watching wrestling in 97, and I wanted to love the women, and it was so hard with what they were given and King's verbal assault anytime a woman was anywhere near a camera. It really makes me feel good to see what the women get to do these days, and I count myself as a fan of most of them.

Great to hear. I also agree, Jackie deserves SO much more credit. So very much more.

Marvel

could never
Bit of a downer, I don't post here as much as I used to but just been diagnosed with MS. As a guy who only really watches WWE got any reccommendations? Can be any promotion, gotta lot of time now.

Hasney

Bit of a downer, I don't post here as much as I used to but just been diagnosed with MS. As a guy who only really watches WWE got any reccommendations? Can be any promotion, gotta lot of time now.

You're Microsoft? That's rough dude, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Seriously though dude, bummer. Caught up on NXT and the CWC?

Then sign up to NJPW World and watch the G1

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2nxb1q/how_to_sign_up_for_njpw_world_compliments_of/

sora87

The becky bit definitely got me a little emotional, it's amazing seeing someone's dreams coming true, she was so happy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Well that fuckin' blows.

Network has NWA episodes from before it turned into WCW, worth watching.

Marvel

could never
Thanks guys appreciate it, like I said not posting here as much but I'm always reading and using an odd gif here and there ;) will dig around, actually haven't seen NXT since errr I think just before Aries' debut. Will fgt back into that mainly for Joe as I love his work, need me some Japanese shit too.

CWC highlights on YT look dope.

Hasney

Thanks guys appreciate it, like I saud not posting here as much but I'm always reading and posying an odd gif here and there ;) will dig around, actually haven't seen NXT since errr I think just before Aries' debut. Will fgt back into that mainly for Joe as I love his work, need me some Japanese shit too.

CWC highlights on YT look dope.

Well you need to catch up all the way to the debut of Roode in NXT then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3smgycpyns

Zach

I'm sorry to hear that. My lady friend's dad has MS. It gets her down from time to time. I wish you nothing but the best.

You may find these events worth a watch:

09rsWJW.png

gun_haver

So incredibly wrong. He's literally the only redeeming part of BvS. He's both a solid Batman and Bruce.

I agree. I haven't seen the whole movie but I watched the actual Batman v Superman fight on youtube and I thought Affleck's Batman (and really, not just him, but the whole creative direction behind that) was really cool. He comes off as a complete asshole just barely fighting for the good guys and has no empathy whatsoever. A cool version of Batman.

Batman's pretty much the only superhero I tolerate though so I wouldn't like Superman or whoever else anyway.

Pizoxuat

This WWE comparing Malala, Obama and other ground breaking women to not making their women strip off is pretty fucking cringey.

I didn't take it as a comparison. I took it as "Women are working hard around the world to change their status and their place in society and we've started to follow their path too."

Edit: Disappointed to hear about Del Rio. I always liked the guy, and with my daughter becoming such a big fan after watching the 40-man royal rumble so many times, I had grown to really looking forward to seeing him.

Sephzilla

Regarding Del Rio - man, what a nothing run.

Which is different than his last WWE run now? The dude has been a giant void of wasted time since he first signed a WWE contract.

I agree. I haven't seen the whole movie but I watched the actual Batman v Superman fight on youtube and I thought Affleck's Batman (and really, not just him, but the whole creative direction behind that) was really cool. He comes off as a complete asshole just barely fighting for the good guys and has no empathy whatsoever. A cool version of Batman.

Batman's pretty much the only superhero I tolerate though so I wouldn't like Superman or whoever else anyway.

The only thing I don't like about Batfleck in BvS is that he's
apparently not against killing. In the final third of the movie he probably puts up the highest body count of any live-action Batman, maybe except Keaton

klonere

Banned
Man this Dolph/Dean segment to open Smackdown is really really good.

So glad Dean has gotten to shed all that dumb wacky shit, he is straight fire on that mic.

bjork

I really don't think that's unhealthy at all.

In fact, it's probably the best thing you can do, since its obvious you want it. You should go out there, find a quiet place, and just enjoy life, since you can. Not many others can, you should do it.

The thing that keeps me here is that this is where my friends are. But then I think, I never hear from them unless a favor or a ride is needed, so I'm not sure why I think that's something I actually need in my life, but I can't seem to just let it go. When I was there before, I was super lonely and that kinda sucked hard. But I guess I could go make friends with the daughters of tourists or something.

Ah man, I know nothing about what MS does, but I know it's a serious deal. Hang in there and I hope whatever kind of treatment or physical therapy there is for this, helps.

Try and watch weekly WWF Superstars from about 1988-on. So good.

Top Bottom