• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

gun_haver

Which is different than his last WWE run now? The dude has been a giant void of wasted time since he first signed a WWE contract.

Wasn't here for that, came back in 2014 for Daniel Bryan's Wrestlemania, when I think he was either out or on the way out already. I checked out some of his LU stuff at the time and he seemed to be in his element, so when he came back I thought, well, surely he came back with a reason, right? Let's see what Del Rio can really do.

It isn't his fault - his booking was horrendous. And sure, maybe he'll come back after this suspension, but I'd guess he's on the way out now.

The only thing I don't like about Batfleck in BvS is that he's
apparently not against killing. In the final third of the movie he probably puts up the highest body count of any live-action Batman, maybe except Keaton

That's what I did like about this Batman - I also saw the scene where he saves Martha and kills a bunch of guys. I think Batman works cos he is a representation of just emotional vigilante justice - heroic in the right circumstances, monstrous in others and usually a mix of both. Superheroes are dumb concepts to me in general and the appeal of Batman is that he kind of is one but he's also kind of a complete asshole. I don't actually want to cheer him except in a movie kind of 'man, that guy is effective' kind of way.

So I liked that part.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The thing that keeps me here is that this is where my friends are. But then I think, I never hear from them unless a favor or a ride is needed, so I'm not sure why I think that's something I actually need in my life, but I can't seem to just let it go. When I was there before, I was super lonely and that kinda sucked hard. But I guess I could go make friends with the daughters of tourists or something.

Go out there and rent a spot for 6 months or so, then once you're at the 5 month mark, figure out if you want to go back.

bjork

You want a war, bjork?

You got a war.

Probably my favorite wrestle show consistently until 96 or so. I liked the format and that it was short. One-hour RAWs and All-American were also acceptable.

Go out there and rent a spot for 6 months or so, then once you're at the 5 month mark, figure out if you want to go back.

I just need to be sure I'm done here, is all. Once I'm there, I'm not coming back. If it all went south, I'd just go drown or something.

Which is different than his last WWE run now? The dude has been a giant void of wasted time since he first signed a WWE contract.

The only thing I don't like about Batfleck in BvS is that he's
apparently not against killing. In the final third of the movie he probably puts up the highest body count of any live-action Batman, maybe except Keaton
Seph, you need your ass beat talking about Patron like that. His first run ruled.

There were some interesting comments in that Triple H conference call. The main thing is that he talked about the Cruiserweights quite a bit, a few notes:

- He said that most of the guys in the division will appear both on Raw and on NXT shows and events so they can keep all of them working when they aren't featured on Raw every week.

- He was asked whether the finals of the CWC would crown the champion of the division and he said "You'll have to wait and see", so that's probably happening.

- He said that the division on Raw would have a different style and presentation than the rest of the show, as they want it to really feel like its own thing.

Striker

It took that long for Del Rio to get caught? As soon as he came back at Hell in a Cell it seemed inevitable.
You can look at Neville and see he's obviously using something. This isn't ground-breaking.

I'm sure most of the roster is or has been on some kind of drug, be it something to enhance their body or something with painkillers.

ADR is there now obviously because the WWE is afraid of him being elsewhere having success as he was doing in the time he was away from them. They have zero idea how to use him. He's making over a $1M while hardly doing anything, and getting with a Diva.

Del Rio has always sucked in WWE
de-niro-goodfellas-o.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just need to be sure I'm done here, is all. Once I'm there, I'm not coming back. If it all went south, I'd just go drown or something.

I feel that since you've been thinking about it, and you want it...that sounds like you're done here. You should go, and follow this desire.

Bit of a downer, I don't post here as much as I used to but just been diagnosed with MS. As a guy who only really watches WWE got any reccommendations? Can be any promotion, gotta lot of time now.

Fucking MS, sorry dude(ette).

As someone who just got back into wrestling about a year ago I'll recommend CWC tournament, NJPW (checkout wrestle kingdom 9 & 10) and jump into NXT.

Lucha Underground can be great or boring, but if you got time it's very soap opera-like. In that case binging some of it may help make it a bit better.

Watch some of the older WCW stuff. The War Games collection is GREAT and shows you some great WCW stuff. Kind of hard to believe they were doing that 4-5 years before the rise of Attitude era level stuff

Kaladin

There were some interesting comments in that Triple H conference call. The main thing is that he talked about the Cruiserweights quite a bit, a few notes:

- He said that most of the guys in the division will appear both on Raw and on NXT shows and events so they can keep all of them working when they aren't featured on Raw every week.

- He was asked whether the finals of the CWC would crown the champion of the division and he said "You'll have to wait and see", so that's probably happening.

- He said that the division on Raw would have a different style and presentation than the rest of the show, as they want it to really feel like its own thing.

Sin Cara mood lighting to make a return confirmed

What happened to Sara Lee? Was she released?
Already said, she's still there but only recently came back to doing NXT events. Being from my area I hope she gets better and has a good run in the company.
Just got my chance to watch the Women's Evolution special. Maybe I shouldn't have watched it during my lunchbreak because I definitely got emotional about it. They did a good job of not shying away from how awful the Attitude Era was for women without wallowing in it too much. Coulda given Jackie more props when talking about the women who were trying to really wrestle before Lita and Trish temporarily disrupted the bra and panties matches, though.

They did talk about how the Diva Search girls were really set up to fail as wrestlers because they were all learning on the spot, but they didn't talk about the Bellas transitioning from being the worst to actually learning some moves.

They tried to give all the women in the Wrestlemania 10-woman match some love, showing some of their moves while having other women praise them. The best praise Eva Marie got was Lana's envy over the shower of boos she gets.

They did a great job covering the transition from the Divas belt to the Women's title. Lots of nice backstage scenes before and after the triple threat too. Snoop Dogg bragging about taking Sasha to her first live event. Charlotte's excited "I did a stunner!" pantomime to Stone Cold when she spotted him. Becky blowing off concerns about her 7 stitches and weeping because it was the match she only dreamed she might one day get. Sasha and Bayley trying to wrap their minds over the hugeness of the arena.

Very well produced, loved some of the music selection, loved that they continue to pair the story of the women's revolution in wrestling with the rising influence of women in the world today.

I started watching wrestling in 97, and I wanted to love the women, and it was so hard with what they were given and King's verbal assault anytime a woman was anywhere near a camera. It really makes me feel good to see what the women get to do these days, and I count myself as a fan of most of them.

Unfortunately they also continued to paint Moolah as a saint and innovator who pushed boundaries and all that bullshit... Was hoping with the new title and everything they were going to finally sweep her under the rug where she belongs aside from the prison she should've been in.

Hex

Banned
Exactly, I keep telling everyone The Prime Time Players vs The Shining Stars are going to close out the show.

Looking forward to being right.

I am sure that you are right, both teams will be main eventing TNA tag division by next year

I saw last week's impact was uploaded to YouTube by tna so decided to check out matt and Jeffs section since I loved the final deletion and my God when it turns out vanguard 1 was driving the car it had me laughing so damn much.

Broken matt really is a a fantastic character, so over the top but extremely consistent and damn entertaining. Also really liked the whole idea of him breaking Jeff too with Jeff destroying everyone including himself.

I wish there was a video that contained the whole broken matt saga so I could catch up from the beginning.

imBask

Banned
Get a load of that goofy imbask.

Interstellar legit changed my life. I knew nothing about space, and I ended up watching and reading everything I could about space after seeing that movie and still do to this day, i'm currently planning on buying a nice telescope!

Pizoxuat

Unfortunately they also continued to paint Moolah as a saint and innovator who pushed boundaries and all that bullshit... Was hoping with the new title and everything they were going to finally sweep her under the rug where she belongs aside from the prison she should've been in.

True. I think focusing on her in-ring persona and no longer talking about her bringing up other women is as good as we're going to get with Moolah, which is really unfortunate.

Top Bottom