• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Few Ovserver notes:

Takeover... Australia?

There is talk of doing a WWE Network Takeover special when they tour Australia/New Zealand in 2017

Heat on Dean

There was heat on Ambrose coming off the Austin show last week. The heat wasn’t for his answers or avoiding answering questions or the occasional awkwardness in the show. But the heat was his being negative on creative, because negative on creative means negative on Vince and HHH and they weren’t happy with what he said publicly about Lesnar not wanting to do anything at WrestleMania. The funny thing is that if anything, Ambrose understated his problems at WrestleMania. As noted, it’s very clear Lesnar knew by then he was fighting and he wasn’t going to take any risks or do anything that could possibly get in the way of his training

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tfw all of the shield have heat and wwe switches to a new THE guy
23163%20-%20The_Edge_And_Christian_Show_That_Totally_Reeks_Of_Awesomeness%20aj_styles%20autoplay_gif%20shrugging%20wwe.gif

Ha but is there any heat on Brock for failing a drug test?

can you have heat on someone who doesnt give a fuck if he gets fired?

Brock is immune to heat. Another excerpt from the Obsever this week:

And regarding the double standard, Lesnar’s line on the 8/15 Raw when confronting Slater and saying, “I don’t give a shit about your kids,” which was bleeped out wasn’t scripted. If it was Joey Styles who said it, or anyone underneath (Brad Maddox was fired for less for using the word prick in a dark match), they’d be gone yesterday. As of press time, Lesnar appeared to be in no trouble nor has anything been said about it. Lesnar’s contract is unique as there are provisions regarding what he can and can’t be disciplined for, plus there is always the double standard for what a Cena or a Lesnar can get away with compared to everyone else

And another bit of favoritism:

So a funny part of the story when Orton did that interview complaining about Lesnar leaving in 2004 because he didn’t like people, apparently Orton said, “Shit, I don’t like people either and I’m still here.” That line got edited off the TV version of course

Lesnar dropped like three f-bombs in that interview, but Randy says "shit" once and they edit the whole clip out. lol

I'm sure there is, but what are they going to do to him? They contractually are unable to suspend him, and they can't bury him as
a) he doesn't care if he wins or loses as long as he gets his money
b) if they do job him out, it kills the big idea of him making a new star of the first person to beat him (which was supposed to be roman but is now ???)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There was a story in WCW Bischoff told that Meng was supposed to get released a long time ago but no one ever did it because they were terrified he would actually kill them.

That's probably the case with Brock

Tagyhag

I'm sure there is, but what are they going to do to him? They contractually are unable to suspend him, and they can't bury him as
a) he doesn't care if he wins or loses as long as he gets his money
b) if they do job him out, it kills the big idea of him making a new star of the first person to beat hims (which was supposed to be roman but is now ???)

Let me welcome you, into VIPERVILLE.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think Randy is going to win honestly. I also figured dean would lose a close one instead of getting whooped so what do I know.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't decide whether Lesnar losing to Orton of all people would be more hilarious or terrible. It's in no way a good thing.

This new happy go lucky Orton is fun. I want him to succeed. Also to be quite honest despite having a bunch of WWE titles the last few years he's been kinda buried and lost to injury, so he could do something with this sort of push. I think the win would be fluky like the first match with Cenar.

He will job to Orton at SummerSlam, that'll show him! Just like they did at SummerSlam 04 when Orton took his record for youngest Champ! Ha!

Have they mentioned that? Would be worth noting. Although going by serena's post I guess they don't care too much about Orton. I'm actually pulling for him.

If SmackDown is good now, just wait till AJ gets the strap.

I can't decide whether Lesnar losing to Orton of all people would be more hilarious or terrible. It's in no way a good thing.

It would be good. It's a safe bet instead of having some up and comer take him down. No one is close enough to being built up enough to beat Lesnar and Randy could use the boost much like Lesnar needed when he beat the Streak.

Tagyhag

It's just the easier way to go. A newbie or someone with no heat is just going to get the Roman treatment if they win.

I'm sure they want to get rid of Brock (I don't know how much of a draw he still is) sooner or later, and might as well transfer some of that prestige back to Randy, which he can use to catapult himself back to the main event scene.

It's boring but what other options do they have?

Of all the remaining CWC guys, Tozawa is definitely my favorite. His intensity is so much fun. Hope he goes all the way. Could see it too, as he's rumored to be either signed or at least offered.

It's just the easier way to go. A newbie or someone with no heat is just going to get the Roman treatment if they win.

I'm sure they want to get rid of Brock (I don't know how much of a draw he still is) sooner or later, and might as well transfer some of that prestige back to Randy, which he can use to catapult himself back to the main event scene.

It's boring but what other options do they have?

I still think they can give it someone better. Orton is fine, but he's on the wrong side of his career arc. Even a guy like Seth would benefit more from it at this point.

I know Ho Ho Lun sucks, but I can't help but hope he gets signed. He seems super genuine and like he wants to learn, he just came from a place where that infrastructure wasn't available to him. He's got a likability to him that I think could work for him if he can learn the technical stuff in a real environment like the PC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hope Psycho doesn't lose his mask to indie geek extraordinaire Pagano

mil and matanza teaming up is crazy. that'd be like if 93 yoko and vader teamed up. like they should just kill everyone

Toki767

I know Ho Ho Lun sucks, but I can't help but hope he gets signed. He seems super genuine and like he wants to learn, he just came from a place where that infrastructure wasn't available to him. He's got a likability to him that I think could work for him if he can learn the technical stuff in a real environment like the PC.

I think it'll help him a lot that he:

A) Is the first Chinese wrestler available to the WWE
B) Speaks perfectly fluent and understandable English

The only way Orton winning would make any sense is they've been pushing it as a cross-promotion match and during the previous brand split they almost always put Smackdown over during those.

Surely the endgame with Lesnar's "undefeated streak" is for him to get pinned clean by Reigns though, right?

The only way Orton winning would make any sense is they've been pushing it as a cross-promotion match and during the previous brand split they almost always put Smackdown over during those.

Surely the endgame with Lesnar's "undefeated streak" is for him to get pinned clean by Reigns though, right?

I don't know that it is anymore. Reigns is already "the guy", so he really doesn't need to beat Lesnar to solidify that the way he was supposed to in the past. He always could, but I don't know that he could use it as much as someone else.

tm24

I really hope Psycho doesn't lose his mask to indie geek extraordinaire Pagano

mil and matanza teaming up is crazy. that'd be like if 93 yoko and vader teamed up. like they should just kill everyone

There's no way Psycho is losing. He's lost every single match in this feud so lucha booking dictates that he wins the payoff match

Toki767

I don't know that it is anymore. Reigns is already "the guy", so he really doesn't need to beat Lesnar to solidify that the way he was supposed to in the past. He always could, but I don't know that he could use it as much as someone else.

Why would Orton need it though?

And I don't really think it's an accident that Reigns and Lesnar are on the same brand.

And I don't really think it's an accident that Reigns and Lesnar are on the same brand.
Less an accident and more logic even without thinking of a potential feud. You really think Lesnar or Reigns would be dropped on Smackdown? The guys scream Raw material even when there is 100% no chance of a feud between them.

Just finished the Tozawa Gallagher match. Might have not been the most fast paced match of the tourney but it was honestlyy favorite to watch so far. Both guys ooze charisma and I'm all in on Tozawa. Anyone have some recommendations on matches of his?

He and Gargano had a phenomenal match outside of Detroit in DGUSA. It's hard to not find a great match from him on those shows. Having kept up with Japanese DG in a while. He's my favorite guy in the world though.

Who else is getting it? They've had enough chances to give Reigns that "rub" that if they still haven't given it to him, I don't think he's getting it, Cena's about to be part time, they don't want another member of the Shield getting it, and nobody else is anywhere near over enough to get it

Just to be clear: Orton sucks.

Agreed completely, but if you want anyone beating the other guy that sucks...you have 2 Manias left and then he's likely gone for good. Can't imagine why you'd re-sign him after all the troubles. Kinda running low on time to build new stars you don't want to feed to him, and on options for current names you can give the rub to

I don't k is why he's so over. Maybe because I've been out if the picture and there's history there. Like, the guy is playing face and he probably out on the most narcissistic and asshole performance yesterday when he slaughtered someone a third his size (slater).

The guy can't even play a face without looking like a shit.
Orton is one dimensional, Brock could've played the face better in this whole feud. When you know what you know about Orton, honestly you can't or at least I can't even have him as a face. Hopefully the ring about him being the face of sd is just smoke screens and nothing more. You know, I actually like watching SD.

Hey it's the phony! Laugh at this Guy, he's a phony!

Top Bottom