• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Let's be real, we all know who should beat Brock...

ThisDisfiguredAplomadofalcon-size_restricted.gif

Orton is one dimensional, Brock could've played the face better in this whole feud. When you know what you know about Orton, honestly you can't or at least I can't even have him as a face. Hopefully the ring about him being the face of sd is just smoke screens and nothing more. You know, I actually like watching SD.

Hey it's the phony! Laugh at this Guy, he's a phony!

Blue on Sunday when Orton wins and then pursues to be the face of SD

tumblr_obxiqcxh1Z1teles0o6_r1_250.gif

UberTag

Blue on Sunday when Orton wins and then pursues to be the face of SD

tumblr_obxiqcxh1Z1teles0o6_r1_250.gif
At least Orton isn't the worst face on scripted television this season. Our underdog hero, Paulie Calafiore, is about to rejoin the Big Brother game post-eviction and be given a glowing edit as he proceeds to dominate the game he was bred to play.

At least Orton isn't the worst face on scripted television this season. Our underdog hero, Paulie Calafiore, is about to rejoin the Big Brother game post-eviction and be given a glowing edit as he proceeds to dominate the game he was bred to play.

Yeah. I'm so looking forward to tomorrow's episode to see how this plays out.

I wish they would get all the weekly wwf from the early 80s until 95 up. I want to see that triangle between Warrior, Taker, and Jake play out.

the clown guy

I used to think the hatred behind that guy was mostly due to everyone being butthurt that he's dating Noelle and was mostly unwarranted until I saw him complain on Twitter that he didn't make the list of WWE.com's Top Ten Fans. After that I echoed what Randy Orton said it to him in a recently deleted YouTube video posted by Frank himself, "The fuck is wrong with you?"

Brock's monster push still has plenty of potential for a payoff. Unfortunately, Bryan getting the win wasn't meant to be and I never got the David vs Goliath dream match I wanted. Sami Zayn would be a good alternative though, and I could even see Rollins in that role. Orton, however, is one of the last people on the roster who deserves that win. He doesn't gain anything for winning, and he won't lose a thing for doing the job.

Adree

Tozawa's selling was cool but it sucks that he won. :(

I will admit at the start of the match it was getting a bit too much Chikara.

Toki767

I would give Samoa Joe the win over Lesnar.

You could instantly transfer any cumulative heat that Lesnar got onto Joe and unlike Lesnar, Joe would be around every week to destroy people.

If it's not Reigns, they'd probably give the win to the Demon King though.

During my exit interview my boss asked me, "So, how would you rate your stay here?"

"I'd give it a 4 out of 10."

He didn't understand the reference but slightly smiled.

Adree

You could instantly transfer any cumulative heat that Lesnar got onto Joe and unlike Lesnar, Joe would be around every week to destroy people.

Imagine Gallagher rolling up Lesnar into a ball. That'd be MOTY

When you watch ss 92 after figuring out how high bulldog was, it's great! That pre match promo he was lost as shit but you have Bret firing from all cylinders, hyped as hell.

nope, i now assume all of you love orton and want more orton

good job guys
I don't think he's the worst. I think he's inherently unlikeable, and simply cannot play face - he's got natural smarm that doesn't work quite well enough. No sense of humility. I think his in ring work is pretty rote, but sometimes people can push him to a good match.

Sunday will not be that match, I'm guessing. If it's true that Brock is really coasting harder than he's ever coasted before, the match won't have a great deal of nuance.

I can only imagine some of the reactions if Balor were to beat Lesnar. Goddamn for the reactions alone that would be amazing.

I'm not even really asking that someone beat Brock, I just want to see someone be competitive. The best match Brock has had since his return was that Triple Threat, and that was because it was competitive. You felt like all three guys had a chance at some point and even Brock got into some bad spots. In almost all of his matches, Brock just runs through everyone and is pretty much never in real danger. Even the Roman match was 90% Brock with Roman getting a big move here and there. Takes a lot away from the match.

Why didn't they give a clean finish to Warrior-Macho Man for Summerslam 92? Maybe figured since it wasn't the main event, it didn't need a clean finish?

I can only imagine some of the reactions if Balor were to beat Lesnar. Goddamn for the reactions alone that would be amazing.
Imagine Balor works the gut all match long, then hits the coup de grâce right to the diverticulitis for the win. That's so delightfully pro wrestling that I almost want it to happen now.

Why didn't they give a clean finish to Warrior-Macho Man for Summerslam 92? Maybe figured since it wasn't the main event, it didn't need a clean finish?

He was released shortly after, so maybe vince already knew he was on the way out and didn't want to give him the win, but given warrior's temperament he refused to job.

Striker

When you watch ss 92 after figuring out how high bulldog was, it's great! That pre match promo he was lost as shit but you have Bret firing from all cylinders, hyped as hell.
Best Wrestlemania and SummerSlam matches both had Bret in them.

Also, Randy Orton. In 2016. Lesnar should lose to someone up and coming or reaching their potential. Even if I feel Ambrose looks like shit and has the worse war-crate in memory including his awful strikes, is one contender to do it. Rollins, Bray, Rusev, Reigns - all come to mind even if none are perfect. Size isn't a big factor if the match and story is told right. Eddie and Brock was amazing despite the David and Goliath difference.

klonere

Banned
Really? Makes sense to me if he's taking a full time position.

The narrative with HBK is that he's dedicated to his church, kids and shooting animals while being relatively estranged from wrestling. Moving to Orlando and selling the ranch seems like a big disruption to that whole deal. Wonder what prompted such a big change.

Best Wrestlemania and SummerSlam matches both had Bret in them.

Also, Randy Orton. In 2016. Lesnar should lose to someone up and coming or reaching their potential. Even if I feel Ambrose looks like shit and has the worse war-crate in memory including his awful strikes, is one contender to do it. Rollins, Bray, Rusev, Reigns - all come to mind even if none are perfect. Size isn't a big factor if the match and story is told right. Eddie and Brock was amazing despite the David and Goliath difference.

Nobody on the roster is ready to beat Brock and fully reap the rewards. Don't give me that Joe shit either, he's old and has very limited upside. Everyone else has either been thoroughly derailed (Reigns) or has been on the main roster long enough to just feel like another guy, a taint Brock is only barely coasting above nowadays. No program with him would feel believable or hot in any way.

Hope Braun gets a shoot match with Brock at some point.

Braun doesn't

toeXKiA.gif

The narrative with HBK is that he's dedicated to his church, kids and shooting animals while being relatively estranged from wrestling. Moving to Orlando and selling the ranch seems like a big disruption to that whole deal. Wonder what prompted such a big change.

I heard something about his son wanting to try out at the performance centre. Not sure if it's true, though if it is, it'd make sense he'd want him to have the best possible opportunity at it.

Top Bottom