• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Good selling in that HoHo match actually. His ability is not quite there yet but if he went to the PC he could get there. Good storytelling.

This is a fine match; I just don't buy the in-ring psychology whatsoever. These brain vs Braun matches are always tricky. Kendrick has taken some huge blows by a guy who is larger and stronger than him yet he has the Vitality to get back up and play smart.
Kayfabe speaking, Kendrick got the shit beat out off him by Brock so he's suffered so much more and knows how it feela.

Mengetsu

Would you rather work the event or sit down to enjoy it?
I personally would rather sit for the event because I am more a fan than anything.

But let me tell you for someone who has never even been to an arena for any kind of event in my life and experiencing Basketball games and WWE events there's nothing like being in it live with the crowds first hand. I would recommend anyone to go to an event like this live any time they could to see it for themselves.
That sounds pretty neat. Any chance you could meet any talent yourself or are you just helping out?
I'll most likely meet a few pending where im put but ill be showing fans where to go and such when they get in the buiding. I'm not sure who is supposed to be at this greet lol.

7W6vHlO.gif

Bevis you dumbass!

I personally would rather sit for the event because I am more a fan than anything.

But let me tell you for someone who has never even been to an arena for any kind of event in my life and experiencing Basketball games and WWE events there's nothing like being in it live with the crowds first hand. I would recommend anyone to go to an event like this live any time they could to see it for themselves.

I'll most likely meet a few pending where im put but ill be showing fans where to go and such when they get in the buiding. I'm not sure who is supposed to be at this greet lol.
Most definitely man, my mom always made fun of wrestling until she took me to my first event. Surprisingly she loves it. Same with my fiancée, going to it live made her actually pay attention to it.

Mengetsu

Most definitely man, my mom always made fun of wrestling until she took me to my first event. Surprisingly she loves it. Same with my fiancée, going to it live made her actually pay attention to it.
This is the key. Getting someone to watch on TV is almost impossible to a lapsed fan or someone who isn't at all with cell phones and short attention spans nowadays.

Getting invested is key to enjoyment. This is why when anyone online gets upset about pushes, storylines and such I dont let it bother me because for more than anything I watch WWE NJPW and ect for the sport of wrestling itself. Do I love the characters and such? Hell yes but, I won't let that bring me down when it's not going my way. When I keep up and see good match ups I tune in and or catch up with a fued.

I'd go insane otherwise lol.

Toki767

Just finished watching NXT.

Nikki Glenncross kind of reminds me of Becky Lynch when she first came to NXT. Only without the dancing part.

Mandy Rose is umm...really green but seems to be way further along in the ring than Eva Marie.

Daria seems alright...though not sure how much her MMA character is going to do once she goes up against someone like Asuka.

Liv Morgan seriously just kind of seems like a poor man's Carmella.

This is the key. Getting someone to watch on TV is almost impossible to a lapsed fan or someone who isn't at all with cell phones and short attention spans nowadays.

Getting invested is key to enjoyment. This is why when anyone online gets upset about pushes, storylines and such I dont let it bother me because for more than anything I watch WWE NJPW and ect for the sport of wrestling itself. Do I love the characters and such? Hell yes but, I won't let that bring me down when it's not going my way. When I keep up and see good match ups I tune in and or catch up with a fued.

I'd go insane otherwise lol.
I wish I could watch other stuff but wwe as itself is an investment and a marriage I've been in for 20 years! Like I can watch other matches but to get invested in something weekly is hard. If I had to choose anything new to invest in, it would be ROH since I'm familiar with a lot of the main guys there. That being said, idk if I'd go to a live event as the expectations are already set too high for me.

Wagram

Paige and Del Rio suspended. Hilarious.

Paige in particular has been such a tragic wrestler. She had all the potential and then she fell off the map when she hit total divas.

Although SummerSlam is mere days away, the most memorable moment in wrestling this summer just took place this past weekend in Tokyo.

Ten thousand miles away from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York–the WWE’s home this weekend–is Tokyo, Japan. History was made in the Land of the Rising Sun as Kenny Omega captured New Japan’s Pro Wrestling G1 Climax.

Omega believes that no one else in the world–including WWE’s John Cena, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns–could have excelled in the G1 in a similar fashion.

“Absolutely not,” said Omega. “That’s not even me speaking in character–that’s just them not being on my level, at all, physically or mentally. I’m not taking anything away from them–they’re fantastic, great performers, great people. But what we do here is completely different from what they do there.”

Omega’s victory is also noteworthy regarding his future. While he could still lose the contract in a match before January’s Wrestle Kingdom show, a spot in the main event–and likely run with the IWGP championship–will keep Omega in New Japan and away from the WWE until at least 2018.

“Do I think John Cena could come here and do what I do?” asked Omega. “No. Do I think anyone else could? No, not even close. That may come across as sounding egotistical, but it’s just the reality of the situation. We have a very physical style, and the physical demand for what they do is different.

“If they asked the same question oppositely, could I do John Cena’s schedule with all of the charity events he does? He’s always on the move–could I do that as well as John Cena? Definitely not. It’s apples and oranges, you can’t really compare. All the same, I respect what they do, and I do believe that respect is mutual and goes both ways.”

Omega, damn son.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/08/17/ufc-wwe-conor-mcgregor-kenny-omega-g1-climax-interview

Fox318

Man New Japan knows how to fucking book.

They've got Omega out there now and everyone believes he's the new Tanahashi or Cena.

RipRamsey

Just finished the Tozawa Gallagher match. Might have not been the most fast paced match of the tourney but it was honestlyy favorite to watch so far. Both guys ooze charisma and I'm all in on Tozawa. Anyone have some recommendations on matches of his?

RipRamsey

Except for Styles, but Omega somewhat acknowledges that AJ understands the rigors of the G1 in the interview.

Omega was money towards the end of the tournament, but he's still no AJ. I'm still amazed how well AJ transitioned to WWE. Dude's cutting promos no thought he could and putting on the best matches on the card.

Just finished the Hoho Dar match. Noam Dar is bland as fuck.

Looks like we found thatcher's shoot job

I became involved in pro wrestling in 2005. I was a journalist and did a story on a local business, Supreme Pro Wrestling (SPW), in Sacramento, California. After I had finished talking to those in charge, I asked if they needed help with anything. I had been a fan of pro wrestling since being babysat by my grandmother. Then, after I had moved later in life to Sacramento, I had been going to SPW shows for a year. They said they were in need of referees.

Heroman

Banned
Omega was money towards the end of the tournament, but he's still no AJ. I'm still amazed how well AJ transitioned to WWE. Dude's cutting promos no thought he could and putting on the best matches on the card.

Just finished the Hoho Dar match. Noam Dar is bland as fuck.

I don't know dude, Omega is having one hell of a year, like he on that level that Aj was on last year .

RipRamsey

I don't know dude, Omega is having one hell of a year, like he on that level that Aj was on last year .

I don't disagree. The guy puts on bog money matches, I just think the bucks and the elite stuff drags him down. I'm probably just biased, I can't stand the bucks.

Pizoxuat

Loved Tozawa vs Gallagher. I want to see these guys every week. Plenty of comedy transitioning to brutality, which I knew Tozawa could do, but it was good to see Gallagher able to pull it off too. Fell in love with that snap suplex.

Goodbye Hoho. At least his second showing was an improvement over his first. Getting ready to part ways with Dar. Like the kid's heelish kneelock finisher, but he needs a few years to season up. I am not normally too annoyed at the Full Sail crowd but they were on my last damn nerve in this match.

Found it a lot easier to root for Kendrick than Nise in the final match of the night. Something about Nise's attitude sets my teeth on edge, while I like Kendrick's descent from cocky prettyboy to desperate meth hobo. That said, Nise tapped too fast for that final Bully Choke. Would have nice to see him try to hold on a moment before giving in with the "chip on his shoulder" I felt pride, if nothing else, should have demanded it.

Top Bottom