• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Hasney

Man that Gallagher/Tozawa was so fun. Shame Jack is out though. Love Tozawa, but Jack was something different.

Tempted to skip this Ho Ho/Noam match. I'll give them a shot though.

Daniel Bryan, 2nd best colour commentator of the year, was still lamenting Jack Gallagher going out during the next match.

Hasney

Poor Noam's had a terrible run

So is he green as fuck, just had poor opponents, or a combination of the two?

Oh well, Kendrick time!

Well-give-you-moment-squeal-over-her.gif

Wrong Kendrick

So is he green as fuck, just had poor opponents, or a combination of the two?

Oh well, Kendrick time!

Well-give-you-moment-squeal-over-her.gif

Wrong Kendrick

I'm going to blame it on the opponents, every other 2nd round guy had a "name" opponent. His next round
is him vs Sabre, so that should be p good.
He's off to the PC next month, so he can only get better.

Browny

Banned
Nobody on the roster is ready to beat Brock and fully reap the rewards. Don't give me that Joe shit either, he's old and has very limited upside. Everyone else has either been thoroughly derailed (Reigns) or has been on the main roster long enough to just feel like another guy, a taint Brock is only barely coasting above nowadays. No program with him would feel believable or hot in any way.

I'll rep Fox318 here...

"There is another..."

tumblr_ns8x2fehj61uymb4eo2_400.gif

Fuck Kendrick, that hack stealing spots from the interesting up and comers because he's Daniel Bryan's BFF, I smell the waft of backstage powers drifting through the CWC.
If there was any justice in this business Kane would emerge from under the ring in Kendrick's next CWC match and drag that twerp into WWE sanctioned hell where he belongs.

Hasney

Fuck Kendrick, that hack stealing spots from the interesting up and comers because he's Daniel Bryan's BFF, I smell the waft of backstage powers drifting through the CWC.
If there was any justice in this business Kane would emerge from under the ring in Kendrick's next CWC match and drag that twerp into WWE sanctioned hell where he belongs.

> Complains about Kendrick taking a spot by being an old hack
> Wants Kane to do something

Bummed-WWE-Wrestler-Reaction-Gif.gif

brian.png

Wake me up when any of them have been in a main event in the big leagues.

The only way Gallagher doesn't get signed, is if he doesn't like the deal they offer him, if they dig up bigoted tweets from him, or if he pops for some wellness violation / has some medical issue.

In other words, he's going to get signed. He's great in the ring, something very different, and he has a fantastic connection with the crowd. There's zero reason why he couldn't be the cruiserweight divisions top baby face.

What's made the classic so good is the wide variety of talent involved. If you took out the older guys with big show experience that would be to the detriment of the whole show. Kendrick has been doing some of the best work of his career in the CWC. Tajiri will have brought in some viewers that otherwise would have skipped over a tournament full of people they'd never heard of.

Experience vs fresh young talent has been an interesting dynamic. If Kendrick had gone out and Tajiri had stayed in you'd be going 'Oh he's only in this and doing well because he's buddies with Regal'.

Diversity man. All ages. All styles. Competitors from all around the world. I can't fathom how you missed this being a key aim of the tournament. It's meant to be the best cruiserweights from all around the world, not the hottest up and comers under 205.

Hasney

The only way Gallagher doesn't get signed, is if he doesn't like the deal they offer him, if they dig up bigoted tweets from him, or if he pops for some wellness violation / has some medical issue.

In other words, he's going to get signed. He's great in the ring, something very different, and he has a fantastic connection with the crowd. There's zero reason why he couldn't be the cruiserweight divisions top baby face.

With a physique like that, he's easily on the juice. Defo wellness waiting to happen.

That championship scramble match was a mistake I tell ya, its enduring legacy is a joke image as if to say "can you believe this vanilla midget jobber even has the words WWE champion by his name?"
fpR0IOQ.gif

You people realise that I am to Bryan Kendrick what Aiii is to Becky Lynch right, pure irrational dislike

http://rajah.com/node/53052

Ambrose with some backstage heat of his interview.

WWE management is reportedly not happy with Dean Ambrose after his recent Stone Cold Podcast appearance on the WWE Network. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the heat has nothing to do with any of the awkward moments during the interview, but rather some of Ambrose's answers to Steve Austin's questions.

The first thing that got Ambrose in hot water with company management was his opinion on WWE's creative direction. Ambrose was negative on WWE creative, which company brass sees as him being negative on Triple H and Vince McMahon.

WWE officials were reportedly also unhappy with Ambrose's comments about Brock Lesnar, according to the Wrestling Observer. Ambrose said he felt Lesnar was lazy at WrestleMania 32, and that the former UFC Champion didn't want to do anything with him during their match together.

I recall there being rumors of Lesnar not wanting to work a match with Ambrose before Wrestlemania even happened. That match was a mess and I'm glad Ambrose said something about it.

This is interesting

Trips wants to be Gabe

What’s notable is that on this NXT show, there is not one wrestler on the show who actually got their start in NXT. A few, Scott Dawson, Dash Wilder and No Way Jose, were all Carolinas independent guys for several years who came into NXT with no national name, and the same goes for Bayley, who started on California indies years before coming to NXT, but came in without a name. Ember Moon didn’t have a huge name on the indie scene but also had years of experience and was well known by woman wrestling fans before she ever signed. The rest of the wrestlers were genuine stars on the indie scene, the international scene or with major promotions. Next year, when WWE tells investors how NXT turned out eight new wrestlers, or whatever the number will be, and it’s due to NXT, when those people are Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode or Shinsuke Nakamura, it’s kind of a funny thing

Hasney

That championship scramble match was a mistake I tell ya, its enduring legacy is a joke image as if to say "can you believe this vanilla midget jobber even has the words WWE champion by his name?"
fpR0IOQ.gif

You people realise that I am to Bryan Kendrick what Aiii is to Becky Lynch right, pure irrational dislike

Ohhh heeee''s really really soorrrryyy

186586_o.gif

This is interesting

Trips wants to be Gabe

Eh, it's the way it should be. Unless you stumble on an athletic freak like Brock, you wanna get the best guys on the indies, give them a WWE style polish (instead of that being all they know) and send them up to the main roster.

Heroman

Banned
Meltzer's ratings for G1:
Omega/Naito *****
Okada/Tana, Goto/Omega **** 3/4
Nakajima/Elgin **** 1/2
Ishii/Makabe, Goto/Marufuji **** 1/4

0kAJEiT.gif

Kenny is Wrestler of the year!!

bjork

I went to subway because it was like 4 am and nothing was open.

Got a bottle of sprite, and a foot-long on white with double ham and turkey.

How was that $13.95? Holy shit, subway

Zach

I don't hate KroniK's monster booking. Their look is hilariously dated and they're not particularly skilled, but it works in the context of current WCW.

That being said, Brian Adams should still never speak.

bjork

I don't hate KroniK's monster booking. Their look is hilariously dated and they're not particularly skilled, but it works in the context of current WCW.

That being said, Brian Adams should still never speak.

You don't have to worry about that any more, sir.

Zach

How is stupid Jeff Jarrett champ when you have this relatively exciting Sting/Vampiro feud a-brewin'? Sting should be champ with Vampiro eventually going ovah. And then Vampiro could feud with Booker T. That's what's going to happen soon, right?

Rogas

Banned
Cena to lose to Styles due to interference by The Deadman and sets up, Taker vs Cena at the GRANDEST STAGE OF THEM ALL. WRASLEMANIA TIRTYTWEE

plz

Top Bottom