• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Zach

Gah dang Browny always calling my bluff.

What about this text-based booking game EWR? I probably shouldn't involve myself with this scene, right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did they really do a concussion angle in front of Bryan?

Amazing

He's a grown up, he's not going to cry

The amount of delicate feelings around here involving him makes me sick!

Also speaking of delicate feelings, thanks for the Pokemon spoilers, shitlords.

Hasney

6hX29AZ.png

Where do I find a complete April 2000 WCW roster so I can fantasy book this crap?

TEW 2013 2000 mod

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524598

Zach

I'm overwhelmed just looking at the roster. I'm definitely not downloading the fantasy booking game. I just know I'd put Vampiro and Booker T in the main event scene. And I'd fire the Harris Brothers.

Hasney

I wasn't specifically thinking performance enhancers.

Oh I am. Dude is probably on some laxatives or something to keep a body like that.
I'm overwhelmed just looking at the roster. I'm definitely not downloading the fantasy booking game. I just know I'd put Vampiro and Booker T in the main event scene.

And after you clearly save WCW with such a strategy, put them on commentary together.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What is the one match you're most looking forward to at Takeover, and at Summerslam? You can only pick one in each.

klonere

Banned
I'm overwhelmed just looking at the roster. I'm definitely not downloading the fantasy booking game. I just know I'd put Vampiro and Booker T in the main event scene. And I'd fire the Harris Brothers.

Once you figure it all out its pretty cool. I've still got my modern mod going into late 2018 now - Triple H divorced Steph, was fired as head booker and is now probably going to be a free agent. Cesaro is world champ. Sheamus is permanently in the main event. It's weird. Oh and Seth got signed by NJPW.

Meanwhile I'm (ROH) hoping to break my 16,000 attendance record and hit a million PPV buys with my upcoming Haskins (c) vs Devitt main event after poaching oul Finn from WWE after a year+ reign from Haskins. Fantasy booking is a lot of fun but you have to get through the garbage UI and odd game mechanics first.

Not recommended if you don't have a lot of spare time tbh.

klonere

Banned
What is the one match you're most looking forward to at Takeover, and at Summerslam? You can only pick one in each.

Takeover - Chompers/Gargano vs Revival
Summerslam - Rollins/Balor I guess? Man I really really want to say Dean/Dolph though, some hot fire promos from Dean in the buildup.

ZSJ vs Cedric Alexander on EVOLVE 67.

If it's anything the AAW match its gonna be fucking incredible. I think the AAW match may have been better than Kota/Cedric.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like that they're giving Naomi more of an identity and going with it. She deserves it, she is a natural in the ring. She's very good.

klonere

Banned
Should be one of the bess'

Hey Boots, with the G1 all wrapped up and Meltzer dropping his ratings all over it, what was the best match, to you?

Not Boots but the G1 made me feel emotions so I must comment.

I'd say the Ishii/Okada was the best match overall but the final two Omega matches had the most emotional resonance with me. Always feels good to see the gajin do so well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not Boots but the G1 made me feel emotions so I must comment.

I'd say the Ishii/Okada was the best match overall but the final two Omega matches had the most emotional resonance with me. Always feels good to see the gajin do so well.

I still need to see Naito/Omega. I'm ready. Ishii/Okada was somethin' else.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm afraid if Cody has nothing less than a 4 snowflake match with Hero he's gonna have some serious issues with perception.

He'll be fine, as far as wrasslin goes, Cody Rhodes is a premier wrassler.

Joe vs Nakamura, although I'm interested in Asuka vs Bayley when looking at it as Bayley's unofficial send-off match.

For Summerslam Eva getting the win without doing a single hit all match I wanna say Cena vs AJ on match quality, but Ambrose vs Ziggler because the feud has the best build-up between all the feuds.

jmdajr

I don't mind EDM or Naomi's gimmick. But I don't condone drug use in any way.

Still, if I had to rank, I'd say Glam Rock plus cocaine was my favorite of the wreckless musician lifestyles. And wrestler lifestyle too!

giphy.gif

klonere

Banned
LMAO

I thought people were exaggerating about the UFC press conference being WWE levels.

Conor is a gigantic manbaby is what I got from the highlights. I hope he loses and has a really sharp downfall.

Only if she comes out to Ebeneezer Goode

If only they still licensed music :(

He'll be fine, as far as wrasslin goes, Cody Rhodes is a premier wrassler.

Lots of indie watchers ready to jump down his throat it seems though.

Ithil

Paige and Del Rio suspended. Hilarious.

Paige in particular has been such a tragic wrestler. She had all the potential and then she fell off the map when she hit total divas.

I think if anything that's the only thing that kept her in any way relevant, because she's been booked into nothing on RAW, I think she last mattered on the show in 2014.

Zach

Man, WCW still had a lot of talent, even after the defection of Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, and Saturn. If only Hogan, Hall, and Nash got the ax. And whoever is pushing Knobbs.

So is he green as fuck, just had poor opponents, or a combination of the two?

Oh well, Kendrick time!

Well-give-you-moment-squeal-over-her.gif

Wrong Kendrick

He's techinally decent but boring as fuck, seen him countless times and he always bores me.

He seems massively immature as well and seems like he needs bringing down a peg or 3

Top Bottom