• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Also, is it too late to post fave movies?

Mine, in no order:

Gangs of New York
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
The Shining
Barry Lyndon
Scarface
Chinatown
Pulp Fiction
Raging Bull

Forgot to do this and picking fav movies is going to be super tough but I'll do a top 5 in no order:

The Goonies
A New Hope
Christmas Vacation
Caddy Shack
Jurassic Park

Honorables that rotate in/out with the top:
Predator / Commando (these two flip flop)
Tommy Boy
The Rock
PCU
Groundhog Day

Ten I most enjoy watching:

1) Blazing Saddles
2) Blues Brothers
3) Ferris Bueller's Day Off
4) Back to the Future 2
5) Sleeping Beauty (1959)
6) Castle of Cagliostro
7) Terminator 2: Judgment Day
8) Drunken Master
9) The Transformers: The Movie (1986)
10) Masters of the Universe

What's everybody's take on Bill Apter? (Journalist, publisher of Pro-Wrestling Illustrated)

My first thought is always

b0b145c6dec273bd35ee8fcu4d.jpg

WHOOPS

sora87

Yo, Daria Berenato has a better spear than Roman!

Gentlemen Jack and Tozawa had an excellent match, hope wwe can pick up both of them for Raw.

Hasney

Next Friday. Guess they're taping the quarter and maybe semi finals.

Looking at the number of weeks and the fact the final is a 2 hour live special, I think it's just going to be the quarters and then the live show is going to have the semis and finals in one night. Would make the quarter final shows 2 matches each and give them some time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Damn, OT is legit shook about Ash Ketchum doing the job

To those of you from the UK, in the early 90s - 2000s you all had to go to your cable provider and get a black box for every event then return it?

No? They were just on Sky Sports.
Okey, I read something about a black box. Oh shit nvm, I got two posts mixed up. I was confused too as I thought you all usually got the ppvs for free.

I'm still confused because most of us had cable boxes in the na. Whatever, disregard my post lol.

He's the King of the Marks to Meltzer's King of the Smarks, right?

I was watching an episode of OSW Review and the boys were commenting on the segment where HH was receiving a PWI award (when he was starting in WCW) and how it was bad because it was purposefully kayfabe.

Zach

I was watching an episode of OSW Review and the boys were commenting on the segment where HH was receiving a PWI award (when he was starting in WCW) and how it was bad because it was purposefully kayfabe.
I know exactly what you're talking about. And it was bad and ridiculous, but also delightfully quaint.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

PWI is written from a kayfabe perspective, so this makes sense.

Guys, is Eva Marie ever going to wrestle?
Hopefully not. I mean, eventually she will, but they need to drag this out more because it's gold. Don't end it at Summerslam. Have her pick the win up on Sunday by tagging herself in after Alexa hits her finisher after she did nothing on the apron for the whole match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I liked Daria's look but not sure how she'll mesh with all of the colorful looks/characters the women in NXT have. I expect they'll have her knock girls out like Asuka did during the Dana/Emma feud and probably keep her paired up with Mandy.

I did enjoy Corey losing his shit over Mandy. She's green as fuck though and who knows if she can talk, but supposedly the word is she has some natural talent for the wrestling part.

Depends when in the 90's it was. We had digital in 1999, so that made all that shit even easier. Think we were up to 3 Sky Sports by that point.

Sky digital was so much better! Was still having to set the timer on the vhs for wrestling ppvs though

Don't ever remember paying for ppvs back then just Tyson and Lewis fights etc

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully not. I mean, eventually she will, but they need to drag this out more because it's gold. Don't end it at Summerslam. Have her pick the win up on Sunday by tagging herself in after Alexa hits her finisher after she did nothing on the apron for the whole match.

I'm so ready for this. Can't wait.

Top Bottom