• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

tFZgm2lh.jpg

Someone needs to ask Goldberg what system he has.

Aiii

So not worth it
Goldberg's only one hour away from my place.

If only I knew, I would have totally went to Gamescom to meet him.

And thankfully, the C4 ones on a tape delay. We never had to see Mae Young topless live...

Really?

I videoed it and my brother watched it live, and when I got home the next day he told me what had happened, so I blind fast forwarded through the swimsuit competition and crossed my fingers.

I'd always assumed he saw it, but I guess he could have read what happened on the net. What exactly did they show when she came out then?

Goddammit sf2, she's stuck in traffic. Have some symphony.

Seriously, tho, that "Stuck in traffic" bit was legit awesome and played nicely into circumstances here in town; my fellow austinites will tell you that everything JBL mentioned as an excuse (flooding, construction etc) was actually true.

They should of used that stuck in traffic gimmick while they were in L.A. Because that was the perfect place to use it.

Barrage

This last CWC, to me,showcased the problem with match-match-match format without character development. Gallagher and Tozawa showcase their characters,and got over. Nese gave no reason to cheer or boo him and got a lighter reaction despite MANY MOVEZ

Nese has a great look, but other than that there's nothing to bite into.

Even putting his character deficiencies aside, he can't just seem to decide exactly what it is he's good at - is he a power guy, a technician or a high-flyer? Or some shitty amalgamation of all three? Jack of all trades, master of none.

This last CWC, to me,showcased the problem with match-match-match format without character development. Gallagher and Tozawa showcase their characters,and got over. Nese gave no reason to cheer or boo him and got a lighter reaction despite MANY MOVEZ

I agree, they both showed more personality in the ring than most on the main roster bar maybe Kevin Owens.

You can even be a great promo, but if you don't carry that into the ring it makes the matches less intresting. You're wasting time that could be used to get yourself over.

Recall

You tell the story in the ring. Character development exists without a promo. It's called being talented.

Brain Kendrick is ace.

I liked Daria's look but not sure how she'll mesh with all of the colorful looks/characters the women in NXT have. I expect they'll have her knock girls out like Asuka did during the Dana/Emma feud and probably keep her paired up with Mandy.

I am 100% for more women that actually look dangerous. They may have dropped the Diva moniker, but too many of the wrestlers still invoke that mentality. More Asukas, more Nia Jaxes, more Darias. Charlotte and Dana both have a good build that make them look dangerous, but could stand to change up their image a bit. Charlotte I think gets somewhat of a pass to play off her father's character, but she needs to get rid of those ugly rhinestones she sticks to her face. Also, Becks gets a pass as well cause she's totes adorbs.

Mahonay

Banned

I agree, they both showed more personality in the ring than most on the main roster bar maybe Kevin Owens.

You can even be a great promo, but if you don't carry that into the ring it makes the matches less intresting. You're wasting time that could be used to get yourself over.
Tony Nese: wrestling simulator confirmed

Ithil

Times like this, all you can do is laugh. Technically they just got four weeks worth of reasons the narrator can say she can't wrestle.

Fox318

What the fuck is going on over there?

WWE didn't have a wellness suspension for years then all of a sudden they start enforcing it?

I wonder if Billy Gunn's test started this all.

I am 100% for more women that actually look dangerous. They may have dropped the Diva moniker, but too many of the wrestlers still invoke that mentality. More Asukas, more Nia Jaxes, more Darias. Charlotte and Dana both have a good build that make them look dangerous, but could stand to change up their image a bit. Charlotte I think gets somewhat of a pass to play off her father's character, but she needs to get rid of those ugly rhinestones she sticks to her face. Also, Becks gets a pass as well cause she's totes adorbs.
WrassleGAF has decided to suspend user ThreePitMatt indefinitely.

Top Bottom