• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

We get another surprise today?

I don't know about today

That said, post-Summerslam is going to be exciting. Like me and Blue posted yesterday, ProWrestlingSheet guy tweeting Wednesday night that he thinks suspensions are being withheld until stuff's done has to mean more than just Eva. Results should be interesting

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ember Moon's gimmick is that she's a Werewolf Hunter cosplaying as Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, right?

It needs to be him

TOQ4N6r.gif

I hope not

Summerslam main show is already confirmed at least 4 hours, plus 2 hour preshow

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reading up on a lot of WoW lore since I hadn't played in like six years, and even then it was brief.

You tellin me a fuckin TROLL is the Warchief? What happened to my dude Garrosh? Fuck. A dark day for the Horde.

Aiii

So not worth it
Reading up on a lot of WoW lore since I hadn't played in like six years, and even then it was brief.

You tellin me a fuckin TROLL is the Warchief? What happened to my dude Garrosh? Fuck. A dark day for the Horde.

Actually, the Troll died and Sylvanas is watched now.

bjork

I played WoW for the trial month back when it was super new and then didn't know why I'd want to play a game with no concrete end or goal, so I dropped it.

Today was consecutive log-in day 556 for me in One Piece Treasure Cruise, so I guess things have changed.

rrc1594

Who do you think Rusev will drop the title to? It's not going to be Roman, he needs to go on a losing streak. Like Cena after he lost to The Rock

Bayley winning would be awful. Not just because she badly needs to be brought up but having Asuka's undefeated streak end at her hands doesn't work. Asuka should win, Bayley gets an ovation at the end of her match, she moves to Raw or Smackdown and Asuka goes into her next feud with Ember Moon

Who do you think Rusev will drop the title to? It's not going to be Roman, he needs to go on a losing streak. Like Cena after he lost to The Rock

That's still one of the dumbest storylines they've tried to sell, and that's saying something.

"Cena just had his worst year ever! He beat Brock Lesnar, embarassed the heel authority figure constantly, and won the Royal Rumble! How can he ever hope to get back on track?"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
2 big PPVs tonight, who's watching what?

EVOLVE 66 - 8PM EST

1. Tracy Williams & Fred Yehi vs Jigsaw & Peter Kaasa
2. DUSTIN vs Ethan Page
3. TJ Perkins vs Cedric Alexander
4. Drew Gulak vs Tony Nese
5. Cody Rhodes vs Zack Sabre Jr.
6. Timothy Thatcher (c) vs Matt Riddle - No Hold Barred

ROH Death Before Dishonor XIV - 9PM EST

1. Lio Rush vs Jay White vs Donovan Dijak vs Kamaitachi
2. Jay Briscoe vs Hangman Page - Grudge Match
3. CHAOS (Rocky Romero, Baretta & Toru Yano) vs Bullet Club (Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Yujiro)
4. Katsuyori Shibata vs Silas Young
5. Kazuchika Okada vs Dalton Castle
6. Christoper Daniels & Kazarian (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin vs Tetsuya Naito & EVIL
7. Bobby Fish (c) vs Mark Briscoe - ROH World TV Title
8. Jay Lethal (c) vs Adam Cole - ROH World Heavyweight Title

Going with EVOLVE, as ROH is a bit pricey
but free with an NJPW World sub if you can use a Japanese VPN
and the card isn't all that great. Only interested for the NJPW guys, tbh.

I don't have the time for either :( but my money would go with EVOLVE. Itching to see Cody outside of WWE, and Riddle and Perkins make me happy.

Actually, the Troll died and Sylvanas is watched now.

That's sort of better. Sort of.

Toki767

He's dropping it to Reigns.

It may not be at SummerSlam, but it will happen.

That is, unless Reigns is back in the Universal title picture before then.

Bayley winning would be awful. Not just because she badly needs to be brought up but having Asuka's undefeated streak end at her hands doesn't work. Asuka should win, Bayley gets an ovation at the end of her match, she moves to Raw or Smackdown and Asuka goes into her next feud with Ember Moon

I don't think you throw Ember Moon straight into the Asuka feud. I think she needs to establish herself first. She's amazing, but give the crowd a bit to make them want her to go after Asuka.

The only problem is who could you put against Asuka next if not her?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i only have unhealthy perspective for big mama pump

i appreciate her peaks and freaks

They forced Real Ass Garrosh to heel turn to appease all the Blood elf And Undead marks

I don't know about today

That said, post-Summerslam is going to be exciting. Like me and Blue posted yesterday, ProWrestlingSheet guy tweeting Wednesday night that he thinks suspensions are being withheld until stuff's done has to mean more than just Eva. Results should be interesting

Also the DTAM guy on Twitter says stuff's going around that 10 people got popped. Assuming he's counting PED (Paige, Eva, Delrio) in that

So yeah, post-SS gon be good

I remember making fun of my old roommate when he was playing the Wrath of the Lich King WoW expansion because there was no fucking Lich King anywhere in the game. I think he finally appeared in the following expansion?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i only have unhealthy perspective for big mama pump

i appreciate her peaks and freaks

They forced Real Ass Garrosh to heel turn to appease all the Blood elf And Undead marks

She's everything. Best woman on the roster.

Dang that sucks. Garrosh was my dude.

Zach

- Bayley loses
- She goes to RAW/Smackdown
- She's belittled for losing on her way out of NXT
- Underdog story begins anew
- Bayley wins the championship at the next WrassleMania in a four (horsewomen) way dance
- Asuka shows up on RAW/Smackdown
- She crushes Bayley
- Bayley dethrones her at the next WrassleMania

Wooooo!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember making fun of my old roommate when he was playing the Wrath of the Lich King WoW expansion because there was no fucking Lich King anywhere in the game. I think he finally appeared in the following expansion?

he was, obviously, the last boss of the expansion

you're not gonna put your main eventer on free tv

I don't think you throw Ember Moon straight into the Asuka feud. I think she needs to establish herself first. She's amazing, but give the crowd a bit to make them want her to go after Asuka.

The only problem is who could you put against Asuka next if not her?
I guess a filler feud with someone? They established a couple of the girls on the latest NXT episode, but there's still a lot of grounding to be made for most of them, not just Ember. Unless Asuka gets so bored of having no competition she straight-up will fight anyone who wants to challenge her for the belt in the meantime. But then that makes most of the new girls you're trying to establish look like chumps.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just me for EVOLVE then? Booooo, typical WrassleGAF, only giving a shit about wrestlers when they're on the Network ;)

Hah, well it's a big PPV for ROH, regardless if you or I give a damn.

I said EVOLVE, muppet! Isn't that what your people call people? I just won't actually be watching it due to time issues.

The real question is: which of you WrassleGAF-ers are on the juice?

I am legitimately on a banned substance from WWE.

Just me for EVOLVE then? Booooo, typical WrassleGAF, only giving a shit about wrestlers when they're on the Network ;)

Hah, well it's a big PPV for ROH, regardless if you or I give a damn.

I plan on watching EVOLVE. They've got a good card tonight. Looking forward to seeing how Cody handles himself on the indie scene.

rrc1594

What's going on with the Club is WWE dropping the whole idea? If Finn is going to be top baby face. I hope they would do the double turn have Finn go Heel and Seth go face. Then have a group that hold both main title and tag team. Then 2K can make Raw Vs. The Sandwhich.

Top Bottom