• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

RBH

Any of you WCW losers wanna do an avatar bet for tonight? I bet Goldberg won't spear anyone
I'm a WCW winner, thankyouverymuch!

No update on Joe's jaw then?

Wondering the same.

Unless Joe actually hurt his jaw, the most depressing moment of the night for me was probably Balor getting way more cheers than Foley.

Seems like the Joe/Nakamura match is kind of divisive. I actually liked the slow pace and thought they played to one another's strengths pretty well.

sora87

Wondering the same.

Unless Joe actually hurt his jaw, the most depressing moment of the night for me was probably Balor getting way more cheers than Foley.

Seems like the Joe/Nakamura match is kind of divisive. I actually liked the slow pace and thought they played to one another's strengths pretty well.

I'm hoping they were just hamming it up to get over how brutal the match was.

I really enjoyed it myself, Nakamura won't have 5 star matches in WWE because the style is so different and he's limited there but with the right opponent he'll get closer than anyone else.

Wagram

Wrasslin fam was the Samoa joe/Nakamura fight good? Btw do y'all think connor/nate was a fuckin work. It was extremely close and I feel like that close ass outcome was only to continue the rivalry into a trilogy. Like if a knockout or submit happened of course the winner is all good. But if it came to points it was always gonna be conor for fight 2

McMahon must envy the calculated and logical methods Dana White has implemented from the dubya dubya eff to drum up that super hype for these ppvs

I think it was decent, but it wasn't amazing. It was more of a slow and brutal match than high octane action. Expect Rollins and Balor to top it.

Ha! I loved this. Saving for posters exhibiting poor taste. Such as in the GOTY thread on gaming side with an overwhelming amount of Uncharted 4 mentions. Do people like falling asleep while playing their kideos?

I wonder if Gargano is going to have to change his ring gear to "Johnny Superstar" when he gets called up.

Bobby Roode is more Ric Flair than Triple H could ever be. Wonder if that hurts Triple H more than Ric choosing Shawn to retire him despite Hunter trying so hard to be him and giving him a job for life.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People fucking popped

Number one thing people should remember about Kane is that unlike Big Show who was over once post 1997 is that Kane made the gimmick work

Kane wasn't truly ruined as a main event threat until mid last decade. Even then he had moments of brilliance.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eh, if you're dedicated and rich (which Cena is) and you never have a random test at a bad time, you'll never get popped. Ever.

Roode is glorious, I love it.

As one of the many who always championed him in TNA I'm glad to see him getting to be awesome on a 'bigger' main stage now, it looked like he was genuinely enjoying it. :D

Like AJ, he always seemed to me like someone who would effortlessly look right at home on the WWE main roster.

Zach

If Bob Roode's going to have a questionable-in-2016 finisher, he should at least make it the Barry Windham-inspired float-over superplex.

Marvel

could never
Yeah Roode's entrance and his entire gimmick is pretty fucking rad. Not digging the finisher though, fisherman suplex I thought it was gonna be tbh.

klonere

Banned
I find it fascinating that Stro loves Roode yet shits on Aries. I thought he'd hold both of them to some level of contempt because they are short, old indie workers (well, TNA whatever) who are bland as fuck but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DMczaf

I love how joe just stands there for a moment hearing the crowd chanting his name, and he just assents like saying "this people knows they shit"

I hate triple h as much as the next guy, but damn it he knows how to book matches where someone legit wins and gets over, but the loser isn't buried.

Wish he knew how to do that when he was a wrestler

Top Bottom